Nation's first female Somali American Muslim law makers takes Oath on Koran

So what!!!! I'm sure she lied anyway, The koran instructs Muslims to lie to non believers. Thank God for the Electoral College. This shit is gonna change.

What, specifically, is going to change? Will elected officials be barred from swearing their oaths on a Koran?
. They ought to be. Hope so.. Yep yep.

Pretty sure you are doomed to disappointment there.

So what!!!! I'm sure she lied anyway, The koran instructs Muslims to lie to non believers. Thank God for the Electoral College. This shit is gonna change.

What, specifically, is going to change? Will elected officials be barred from swearing their oaths on a Koran?
. They ought to be. Hope so.. Yep yep.

Pretty sure you are doomed to disappointment there.
. We shall see lefty.

It's funny how the idiotic alt-Left think that Islam on American soil will magically be transformed into a good religion -be magically different than Islam in the Middle East.

Funny how the idiotic and ignorant right wing nut jobs think that American Muslims are all out to get them.

Some 3 million American Muslims- and I can walk into my neighborhood grocery and be confident that the Palestinian American Muslims won't murder me because I am not Muslim. But you think he will.

I've been to various Muslim countries, and I'm still alive too.

If don't want to be an American, then get the heck back to where you came from is the way I see it.

It's funny how the idiotic alt-Left think that Islam on American soil will magically be transformed into a good religion -be magically different than Islam in the Middle East.

Funny how the idiotic and ignorant right wing nut jobs think that American Muslims are all out to get them.

Some 3 million American Muslims- and I can walk into my neighborhood grocery and be confident that the Palestinian American Muslims won't murder me because I am not Muslim. But you think he will.

. You didn't try to use the Holy Bible to swear in on a position of power or to host a wedding or reside over a function or use it to give words of encouragement etc. did you ? You people are slam crazy is what you are.

What bigotry?

Your prejudice towards a proven evil religion.

I think you're having problems with word definitions again.

Bigotry: intolerance toward those who hold different opinions from oneself.
. And that discription fits the left perfectly. They are the true bigots and traitors in this nation.

What does freedom of religion mean to you?
. As an American it means being allowed to have what we consider to be American traditions is what it means to me, but now those traditions are under attack by the leftist traitors for whom are in the process of trying to replace such traditions with their own without the majority of Americans having a say in it.

. You didn't try to use the Holy Bible to swear in on a position of power or to host a wedding or reside over a function or use it to give words of encouragement etc. did you ? You people are slam crazy is what you are.

And what does this have to do with people thinking that all Muslims are going to try and kill them?

What bigotry?

Your prejudice towards a proven evil religion.

I think you're having problems with word definitions again.

Bigotry: intolerance toward those who hold different opinions from oneself.
. And that discription fits the left perfectly. They are the true bigots and traitors in this nation.

What does freedom of religion mean to you?
. As an American it means being allowed to have what we consider to be American traditions is what it means to me, but now those traditions are under attack by the leftist traitors for whom are in the process of trying to replace such traditions with their own without the majority of Americans having a say in it.

How is that "freedom of religion"?

Should Catholics be free to practice their faith?
Should Mormans be free to practice their faith?
Should Jehovah's Witness' be free to practice their faith?
Should Jews be free to practice their religion?
Should Muslims be free to practice their religion?
Should Buddhists be free to practice their religion?
Should Pagans be free to practice their religion?
Should Pastaforians be free to practice their religion?

I think they can all be free to worship, in our country, without in anyway diminishing who we are and what are traditions are.

Traditions evolve, what we think of as traditions weren't traditions say 50 years ago. I don't think think it's a bad thing.

But if you're talking about the general intolerance of some on the left towards religion, specifically Christianity since it's the dominant religion of our country - then you might have a point. I think some people go to far to bleach religion from the public sphere - celebrations, holidays, monuments etc. It doesn't hurt for all of us to be a bit more accommodating.

Culture clashes are good things.

Ask any snowflake.

How is it a "culture clash"?
Another snowflake; another dumb question.

Just ask yourself how one culture benefits from another culture that attacks it.

We are talking about swearing an oath. Not attacking cultures.

Would you swear an oath of office on a box of mac and cheese?

That would make him a Pastafarian, right?

It's a stupid question since there is no such religion. Your absurd argument aside, we have the freedom to practice religion but that does not grant permission to violate laws.

It's a hypothetical which you missed the point of. Zinged right over your head.

If you have a religion that demands the death of infants for it's practitioners to gain paradise then we can guarantee babies will die. That would be a certainty. So, at what point do we accept the absurd dictum of freedom of religion. The willingness to gamble the lives of our babies for the freedom of an evil religion to exist in our country is something only a sick ideology like today's Liberalism can accept.
You're demented to think I don't get it's a hypothetical. :cuckoo: But then you're also demented to not comprehend the stupidity of your question. Just as you're too stupid to comprehend the answer... religion is not a license to break the law.

And what does this have to do with people thinking that all Muslims are going to try and kill them?
. Huh ? Can't deal with the point that I made can you ? Your response speaks of a confusion in your mind now. We aren't twisting and turning as you are now, so straighten up before you get wound so tight you just start babbling away.. lol.

I don't mind as long as this law maker acknowledges U.S. trumps Sharia Law. :D
The whole point of taking the oath on the koran is that islamic law is higher our laws.

No. The whole point is that when you swear an oath on something - you swear it on something that is MEANINGFUL to YOU.
If the Koran is meaningful to you, then the Constitution is not.

Ever read Leviticus in the Bible? I'll bet you haven't REALLY read it.

Forum List

Back