NBA Playoffs

I guess this puts to rest all those excuses about Kyrie and Love not being there last year. Cavs actually look worse and are playing right into Dubs hands with all the 1 on 1 by the Cavs.
---
I can't say i agree completely. Since Love got hit halfway thru 2nd Qtr, the Cavs were not "full strength". They were still losing by 9, but they could have kept it within range at opposing team's home court.
The Cav's need more Love!
Their home crowd & healthy Love will help soothe the pain ... for awhile.
From what i was hearing the Cavs would have swept the Dubs last year "if only". I hope they do come back and make it a series. They look seriously demoralized and Lebron might have to go into basketball god mode just to keep it close.

Lebron didn't take it to the very strong yesterday. He looked just as bad as his team mates. Who told Dellavedova he could shoot 2-9? Irving a miserable 5-14.

Cavs team needs a resurrection.
Cavs are outmatched in ever position except SF. Dubs are making Lebron pass out of double teams and Cavs are dropping the passes out of bounds. They have to get JR going and maybe take him off of Klay and Curry. I think he is too tired to shoot straight.

Lebron back in the Finals again. The only player not a celtic to go to 6 straight finals appearances.
4 years ago it seemed Durant was great and Westbrook was good but not stepping up his game in the big games. This series seems like Westbrook is the best player on okc, the role players are doing there part but Durant blew it in the end.

What's wrong with Durant?

And really what can you do when klay and curry catch fire?

Same thing you did when Jordan caught fire, just watch in awe.
I bet my nephew $5 okc will win game 7.

So when do the finals start? I'd like to see okc beat the cavs but see the cavs beat the dubs
I bet he was a happy camper when he was able to collect.:biggrin:

If not for Lebron,I would be pulling for cleveland to win since they have not had a championship for so long but i cant root for a team with that jerk on it.

THAT being said,"I" am a happy camper as well that the warriors are up 2-0.they are too good to blow this.they are going be back to back champions.:dance:

them winning it all again THIS year,is going to be even far more impressive than last year the fact they overcame diversity being down 3-1 to win it all against OKC thunder:thup: and this time playing against the cav,the cavs are healthy.this time they are not without their second and third best players so that makes going up against them BLOWING THEM OUT no less last night going up to a 2-0 lead,all the more impressive.:thup::dance::banana:

Last edited:
would like to see Oakland have two back to back championships,that would be great for their city.at first i did not think they had a chance since the cavs were entering the series much healthier than last year when they had their second and third best players hurt but this year they are healthy and HAVE those players so that makes the warriors winning the first game of the series even far more impressive than last year.:thup: i think they are going to do it.

I hope they win this year and then a few years from now when they move to SF,they go downhill and suck for the next 40 years.
---
You must be from Oakland!

Actually not at all.Never have lived in california.:D I just want them to win because it would be great for the city to have back to back championships.

They deserve it more than any city in the country the fact they are talking about Oakland losing all three franchises,the Raiders,A's,and Warriors.:(

I can live with it when Oakland loses the warriors the fact they dont even call themselves the OAKLAND Warriors.:rolleyes: Since I never follow basketball since I cant stand the sport,I just always assumed they played in SF because of the name Golden State.

I just hate sports teams that desert their fans and give them the middle finger. You are new here to the sports section arent you? cause everybody that posts here knows about my obsession over the Rams being back in LA.:D

when the Rams left LA,it was the most depressing moment in my life so I know how bad it feels to lose a team that is near and dear to you.I would never wish that on anybody.

Being down that road myself before of losing a team that is near and dear to me,I know first hand how painful that is to lose a team that is so special to you. Because of that,my heart goes out to the sports fans in oakland of all those three teams especially warrior fans since they are pretty much gone in a couple years from now.

i hate sports teams that leave their cities.

thats why i was elated that OKC thunder lost.:up:

they are talking about Oakland losing all three franchises,the Raiders,A's,and Warriors.:(

I can live with it when Oakland loses the warriors the fact they dont even call themselves the OAKLAND Warriors.:rolleyes: Since I never follow basketball since I cant stand the sport,I just always assumed they played in SF because of the name Golden State.
... i was elated that OKC thunder lost
---
I agree that it's a shame when a big sports business moves away from its fan base. A few rich people vs millions of ordinary folks. Not fair, usually. It was a travesty when LA lost both football teams (Raiders and Rams), ESPECIALLY the Rams!

However, sometimes there is fairness, sort of (not to Seattle, tho). When the Seattle team moved to OKC to become the Thunder, it was the first time a major sports team made its home in the state of Oklahoma.
Since OKC & Cleveland never won an NBA championship, i would/did not mind seeing the Dubs lose to them.

BTW, the Warriors were based in San Francisco & called the San Francisco Warriors before they relocated to a decent arena in 1971 (Oakland), and they also played in San Jose the 1996-97 season. They are slated to return to SF in 3 years for the 2019-20 season.

Lebron didn't take it to the very strong yesterday. He looked just as bad as his team mates.
---
So far, neither Curry or James are playing like their MVP status. It really takes a team to win, but "MVP play" would certainly help.

In this series, so far, i think Lebron is more worthy of MVP status. If the 2 players were swapped, would the Cavs have done any better? I don't think so.
Although Steph is a great player, no doubt, i think the Warriors would have won 74+ games if they had Lebron instead of Steph. No?

Go
Lebron didn't take it to the very strong yesterday. He looked just as bad as his team mates.
---
So far, neither Curry or James are playing like their MVP status. It really takes a team to win, but "MVP play" would certainly help.

In this series, so far, i think Lebron is more worthy of MVP status. If the 2 players were swapped, would the Cavs have done any better? I don't think so.
Although Steph is a great player, no doubt, i think the Warriors would have won 74+ games if they had Lebron instead of Steph. No?
Good point but I'd really like to see the greatest player in the world act a little more like Jordan. Jordan took over games.

The MVP so far is Livingston game 1 or Dre green game 2. My guess is green will be the finals mvp

The Eastern Conference reminds me of the mid-majors in college hoops. The get a good record by playing so-so teams and then they play a good major conference and get their butts kicked.

they are talking about Oakland losing all three franchises,the Raiders,A's,and Warriors.:(

... i was elated that OKC thunder lost
---
I agree that it's a shame when a big sports business moves away from its fan base. A few rich people vs millions of ordinary folks. Not fair, usually. It was a travesty when LA lost both football teams (Raiders and Rams), ESPECIALLY the Rams!

However, sometimes there is fairness, sort of (not to Seattle, tho). When the Seattle team moved to OKC to become the Thunder, it was the first time a major sports team made its home in the state of Oklahoma.
Since OKC & Cleveland never won an NBA championship, i would/did not mind seeing the Dubs lose to them.

BTW, the Warriors were based in San Francisco & called the San Francisco Warriors before they relocated to a decent arena in 1971 (Oakland), and they also played in San Jose the 1996-97 season. They are slated to return to SF in 3 years for the 2019-20 season.

yeah I know they are slated to return there in that year and I knew they were there in SF for a while but if you do the math,their history is in oakland so when they move back there,i hope they suck the next 40 years.

Its the same with the Rams,they were originally based in Cleveland but LA is their real home because thats where all their history is.they were only in cleveland for a handful of years so LA is their real home.same with oakland and the warriors.they were there in SF for a only a handful of years.

It was a travesty of justice when the Rams left LA.Not so with the Raiders though because they moved back to where they belong.Raiders belong in Oakland and Rams belong in LA. It was the best thing in the world for the Raiders to leave LA because the majority of fans in LA that embraced them were only gangs and thugs for the most part.the LA Raider fans forever tarnished the image of Oakland fans.the LA fans were always starting fights in the stands even with each other.Oakland fans are civilized,they still to this day get an unfair bad rap because of the LA gangs behaviour there.

Like I said,i guess i really dont care too much that they are leaving the fact they wont even call themselves the OAKLAND warriors.so fuck them,let them go i guess is how i would feel if i lived in oakland and was a basketball fan.

The Eastern Conference reminds me of the mid-majors in college hoops. The get a good record by playing so-so teams and then they play a good major conference and get their butts kicked.
Seems like it's always been that way. Sure the bulls pistons heat boston might win but usually the west has 4 teams capable of winning a championship.

I'm sure it has to do with weather. I'd hate to play for toronto

Seems like it's always been that way. Sure the bulls pistons heat boston might win but usually the west has 4 teams capable of winning a championship.

Evidently you've never been to Toronto. I'd probably have about 24 kids if I lived there.

I wonder how Cleveland would have done against okc or the spurs

Evidently you've never been to Toronto. I'd probably have about 24 kids if I lived there.
I've been it is nice but no better than cali

9 to 0.

I wish Tracey mcgrady and Vince Carter would have stayed together. My brother worked with Tracey mcgradys Detroit girlfriend. My bro says she was a ten.

I know have a lot more respect for Kyrie Irving. Even if Cleveland loses the series, he good.

Lebron passed up Kobe for 10th place on the Finals all time scoring list. For a player that is so team oriented this is amazing. Lebron is known, even criticized, for passing and he still outscores Kobe.

Lebron passed up Kobe for 10th place on the Finals all time scoring list. For a player that is so team oriented this is amazing. Lebron is known, even criticized, for passing and he still outscores Kobe.
I give Cleveland credit for that game last night. Even if they lose the series at least they didn't embarrass themselves. Home court matters.

The MVP so far is Livingston game 1 or Dre green game 2. My guess is green will be the finals mvp
---
The finals MVP may be James!

Cavs should play well again tonight, but the Dubs should also be more motivated, unlike their uninspired play in game 3. GS would love to win tonight so they can close out at home in game 5. However, the urgency (& intense/dirty play) will be on the Cav's side.
Note: Warriors are 0-4 in Game 3s in these playoffs, and Cavs are undefeated at home (8-0).
Warriors will have a tough time winning tonight, esp if Thompson (injured?) and Curry can't adjust, and esp if the Warriors don't play their tough defense.

Big Q: will Dubs play like they did in OKC game 4, or in OKC game 6 w/ more urgency?
Stay tuned ...

Forum List

Back