NBC: Oprah is OUR future President

The author of that article didn't have a bad thing to say about Oprah but that wasn't his point. He was warning democrats and liberals NOT to make the same mistake the simplistic right made in electing trump.....all based of superficial qualities. I like Oprah and while she's not my idol (I have none) I do respect her for what humanitarian good she has accomplished. trump certainly hasn't accomplished any humanitarian good, just the opposite. Still, I will not vote for her as president.

She wouldn't be my first choice, but Trump is such a danger that ANY way to get him out would be a good thing.

I'm still hoping he gets impeached before it comes to that. By 2020, it might be too late.

`
"Clinton called Trump “totally unqualified,” while an op-ed from the New York Times editorial board, headlined “Why Donald Trump Should Not Be President,” pointed out that the GOP candidate “has no experience in national security.” Three days after the election, Vox ran a piece headlined, “Donald Trump is the only U.S. president ever with no political or military experience.”

Well, dear liberals and Democrats, guess what? President Winfrey would be the second such president. Is this really what most Americans want or what the United States government needs? Another clueless celebrity in possession of the nuclear codes? Another billionaire mogul who doesn’t like paying taxes in charge of the economy? And how would it be anything other than sheer hypocrisy for Democrats to offer an unqualified, inexperienced presidential candidate to the American electorate in 2020, given all that they said about Trump in 2016?

Granted, Oprah isn’t a raging narcissist or a racist bigot; she doesn’t have ties to white nationalists, isn’t accused of colluding with a foreign government, and hasn’t been caught on tape admitting to sexual assault. Oprah would be a far superior, smarter, and more stable president than Trump in every imaginable way. But that, of course, is a low, low bar".
- Source
`
`

All this talk about a president Oprah is rather stupid and once again proves that Americans across the board, are being dumbed down and are severely lacking in critical thinking skills. They are more captivated and moved by style or form, over substance. They like to be entertained, not challenged. They react with almost child-like emotional frenzy to short term stimuli without considering the long term ramifications.

Oprah is an admirable person with many good qualities but IS NOT, presidential material.
“Oprah Winfrey for President: Have We All Gone Bonkers?”

As likely has already been correctly noted: we already went bonkers when Trump was elected.

Only the Left. Most everyone else likes what they see so far.

Just who constitutes "everyone else"? This TV reality show moron has had hundreds of thousands of Americans marching in the streets against him. He has an approval rating of 37%. His policies are widely detested. His mental state is certainly under question. He did not win the vote of the majority of the electorate. He has been caught in so many lies it's ridiculous.

Actually, Oprah was able to build a multi-billion dollar company (unlike Trump who just inherited money) and she probably has a much better handle on issues.

She'd probably put together a better team than Trump has.
Well, Trump didn't exactly inherit his money. Trumps father only had a net worth of a couple of hundred million.

Sure, Trump lived in wealth all of his life, and he borrowed a few million from his father, and then turned that into the alleged 10 billion net worth.

Having said that, as other have spoken to this, we as a nation can hardly elect someone on the right who has no political experience, and then when rumors surface about a democrat in the same position who may or may not run for president, then have a problem with their lack of political experience.

Actually, Oprah was able to build a multi-billion dollar company (unlike Trump who just inherited money) and she probably has a much better handle on issues.

Well, Trump didn't exactly inherit his money. Trumps father only had a net worth of a couple of hundred million.

Sure, Trump lived in wealth all of his life, and he borrowed a few million from his father, and then turned that into the alleged 10 billion net worth.

Having said that, as other have spoken to this, we as a nation can hardly elect someone on the right who has no political experience, and then when rumors surface about a democrat in the same position who may or may not run for president, then have a problem with their lack of political experience.

And how did he build that net worth
, which we do not even know he has , I suspect he does not, as he refuses to show his tax returns.

Again, we elected a Peanut Farmer and an Actor on the same basic premise. Someone who can come in from outside and clean up the mess.

The mess never gets cleaned up, of course, because it's our mess.

`
"Clinton called Trump “totally unqualified,” while an op-ed from the New York Times editorial board, headlined “Why Donald Trump Should Not Be President,” pointed out that the GOP candidate “has no experience in national security.” Three days after the election, Vox ran a piece headlined, “Donald Trump is the only U.S. president ever with no political or military experience.”

Well, dear liberals and Democrats, guess what? President Winfrey would be the second such president. Is this really what most Americans want or what the United States government needs? Another clueless celebrity in possession of the nuclear codes? Another billionaire mogul who doesn’t like paying taxes in charge of the economy? And how would it be anything other than sheer hypocrisy for Democrats to offer an unqualified, inexperienced presidential candidate to the American electorate in 2020, given all that they said about Trump in 2016?

Granted, Oprah isn’t a raging narcissist or a racist bigot; she doesn’t have ties to white nationalists, isn’t accused of colluding with a foreign government, and hasn’t been caught on tape admitting to sexual assault. Oprah would be a far superior, smarter, and more stable president than Trump in every imaginable way. But that, of course, is a low, low bar".
- Source
`
`

All this talk about a president Oprah is rather stupid and once again proves that Americans across the board, are being dumbed down and are severely lacking in critical thinking skills. They are more captivated and moved by style or form, over substance. They like to be entertained, not challenged. They react with almost child-like emotional frenzy to short term stimuli without considering the long term ramifications.

Oprah is an admirable person with many good qualities but IS NOT, presidential material.

As likely has already been correctly noted: we already went bonkers when Trump was elected.

Just who constitutes "everyone else"?

Those of sound mind with an understanding of American foundational thought.

And how did he build that net worth
, which we do not even know he has , I suspect he does not, as he refuses to show his tax returns.
Oh, im not defending how he made his money, I was just addressing that most people think he inherited it, which is not accurate.

When I read this in the article, I got mad:

How much damage is U.S. celebrity culture doing to U.S. politics? Why don’t ideologies, or even ideas, seem to matter anymore? Shouldn’t progressives be making the case for the virtues of government and collective action and, therefore, the importance of electing people of ability, experience, and expertise to high office?

Talk about virtues, I would say the Pubs have lost their moral compass.

And millions of you voted for a pussy grabber, didn't you?
Since we didn't want the enabler of a rapist/racist husband who wanted to continue the fundamental transformation of America into a 3rd world nation, yeah we wanted MAGA.
So you voted in a pussy grabber.
again - name one president who didn't grab one either before or during office.
Most and none bragged about their acts like the Orange.
didn't ask who bragged.
didn't ask for colorful commentary.

i asked you to name any other president who DID NOT grab one now and then.

so - you can't. all you need to say. you can't. hell you can't even prove trump did, just that he said it.
Well I can say Obama didn't grab any woman's pussy. When you are a homo, you grab a dick, even Michael's.

She wouldn't be my first choice, but Trump is such a danger that ANY way to get him out would be a good thing.. I'm still hoping he gets impeached before it comes to that. By 2020, it might be too late.
`
`

All things considered, I'd vote for Oprah over Hillary.

Oprah Winfrey for President: Have We All Gone Bonkers?
Hey... if that's what it takes to displace The Creature at the polls, then hurry the day... better a stable Leftist than an unstable RINO.

there is a big problem with poor little Oprah .....

just one little big problem...

The problem for YOU is she’s smarter, more stable, richer and more intelligent than your pussygrabber.
And she never sexually assaulted anyone or mocked the handicapped either.
No, she didn't grab anyone's pussy that we know of, but she did, like Hitlery enable a man to rape and abuse other women.. She would go down in flames just like the other vagina candidate, as we don't want someone who cant keep their weight down.

she wouldn't be my choice. but she's smarter and more successful than the wackjob in the Oval Office.

and she's sane..... unlike the person there now.

Remember the time we elected the Peanut Farmer?
Or the time we elected the Actor?
Or the time we almost elected the Tech CEO
Or the time we "elected' (not really) the Game Show Host.

Here's the thing, we are always looking for the "outsider" to clean things up in Washington. They almost always go native the minute they get there. But the only guy who ran as a Washington Insider and won since Watergate was George H. Bush.

The real danger here is that we no longer really believe in the political process. 2016 wasn't just bad because Trump "won" (not really), it was bad because Commie Bernie could have won. We put these guys in demanding change and the run into the glacial morass of the Judiciary, Congress and the Bureaucracy. Then we go looking for the next outside who is going to fix things.

I think that was always true. For some reason, this congress is shielding the incompetent crazy "outsider" who has now turned around and probably destroyed our judiciary for generations. Just my opinion.

that said, I didn't vote for the outsiders. I like normalcy. and I don't particularly want anyone to upend the system. I think change should come from within it. that might be a fantasy. but what is happening now offends me to my core. we're being controlled by people who have never even taken a civics class. imagine, we have a "president" so ignorant that he needed the constitution explained to him.... and still doesn't get it.

Oprah will just give out free shit....
The perfect liberal... images (31).jpeg

`

- Source
`
`

Just who constitutes "everyone else"?

Those of sound mind with an understanding of American foundational thought.

I haven't seen anyone coming out of the right wing who has exhibited any of these qualities. I would like to see more debates of the traditional style and/or "round table" discussions, with the participants coming prepared with a thorough knowledge of history, legal precedent, and generally accepted procedure. No name-callers who run from legitimate questions should be allowed.

That would be entertaining watching the cat fight between Warren and Oprah. :popcorn:

So remind me: which network killed Ronan Farrow's report on Harvey Weinstein?

Oh yeah. NBC.

The same folks who have been moaning about how horrible it is to have a celebrity billionaire in the White House.

NBC on Twitter

Remember, they don’t have standards, beyond “whatever gets us power.”
Remember you pretended Trump the billionaire who was born with a silver spoon in his mouth was your man of the people? Oprah wasn't born rich so she can relate to the people. Is Trump relating to anyone but racists and rich people?
The loopy kunt got rich from exploiting fucked up people... lol
And trump got rich not paying contractors and filing bankruptcy

Forum List

Back