NC Gov. McCrory Signs Bills Stripping Powers From Dem Successor

ShootSpeeders

Gold Member
May 13, 2012
Is this dirty pool or giving dems a taste of their own medicine.?

NC Gov. McCrory Signs Bills Stripping Powers From Dem Successor

dec 16 2016 North Carolina's Republican Gov. Pat McCrory has delivered a parting shot to his incoming — and Democratic — successor, using legislation to strip power from the office.

According to Politico, McCrory signed multiple bills into law after the Republican-controlled General Assembly sent them to his desk this week. They take away power from Gov.-elect Roy Cooper, who will take office next month.

Politico reports that the changes to the North Carolina governor's power are:

A reduction of the people the governor can fire from 1,500 to 300.
The governor's political party can no longer control the state board of elections.
Cabinet appointments now require legislative approval.
The ability to appoint trustees to the University of North Carolina moves from the governor to lawmakers.

Those just sound like common sense moves regardless of which party is in control.

Those just sound like common sense moves regardless of which party is in control.

Can either of you cite anywhere it's been done before?
I am not a political junky so no clue on that specific route by legislators. I do know the states I have lived in requires those type of approvals through bipartisan committees and the legislators most generally.

Can either of you cite anywhere it's been done before?
I am not a political junky so no clue on that specific route by legislators. I do know the states I have lived in requires those type of approvals through bipartisan committees and the legislators most generally.

Yeah we don't know of any loser who's done it either. That's why big protests have been going on in Raleigh all week.

McCrory ran for re-election and lost. Couldn't handle it. Took him a month to concede. Now he wants to sabotage his successor. Fortunately his successor is the sitting Attorney General and ain't gonna go down quietly.

Forum List

Back