NC New Welfare Drug Test Law: 1/3rd Tested Positive from Sample.

Should Welfare Applicants be Required to Take a Drug Test?

• Total voters

Publius1787

Gold Member
Jan 11, 2011
North Carolina begins drug tests for welfare applicants | Myinforms

"State officials presented early results Tuesday of a new law that requires drug tests for welfare applicants. Of several thousand people who were screened, 89 people took the test and 21 of them tested positive.The law requiring testing of any Work First recipient suspected of being a drug user was enacted in 2013 over Gov. Pat McCrory’s veto."

Last edited:
You know, I can see people in high stress jobs being drug tested, because they have to remain sharp while they are on the job.

People who are receiving welfare? No. I don't think they need to be tested. Why? If they aren't working in a job that could be hazardous to the public, there is no need for it.

Besides............of all the people I've ever known who received financial assistance, they were more interested in feeding themselves and keeping a roof over their head rather than taking drugs.

You know, I can see people in high stress jobs being drug tested, because they have to remain sharp while they are on the job.

People who are receiving welfare? No. I don't think they need to be tested. Why? If they aren't working in a job that could be hazardous to the public, there is no need for it.

Besides............of all the people I've ever known who received financial assistance, they were more interested in feeding themselves and keeping a roof over their head rather than taking drugs.
Gee, if you think it's fair for welfare recipients to have other people pay to finance their drug habit, I just might have a suggestion for you...

Have their dope dealers come to YOUR HOUSE OR JOB to collect for their drugs...

I like this part: "Why? If they aren't working in a job that could be hazardous to the public, there is no need for it."
The purpose of welfare is to help get people back on their feet. Not to simply subsidize them for sitting on their asses. Doing drugs isn't exactly helpful to the formers ends. 1/3rd of those tested in NC were found to have done drugs. We shouldn't invest in future of those who refuse to invest in their own future. You can't get a job if you fail a drug test. You shouldn't get welfare if you fail a drug test.

Yo, if they have money for Drugs? They have money for food!!! Need to reduce the waste in Government, this is a good start!!!

"GTP"
Follow The Money!
1200x-1.jpg

How many studies would you need in order to drop this bullshit? This has been done......and evaluated....many times. The fact is that there is no benefit to requiring drug testing before approving public assistance. It's a scam.

Yeah, this is bullshit. This method has already been deemed unconstitutional.

Newsflash, Conservitards, you need probable cause of illegal activity to demand body fluids. You can't just go using a dragnet to test the entire population of welfare recipients.

How many studies would you need in order to drop this bullshit? This has been done......and evaluated....many times. The fact is that there is no benefit to requiring drug testing before approving public assistance. It's a scam.

Not only that, but when FL tried to do this same thing a couple of years back, they compared the results of people who were on welfare to drug tests ran by companies, and found that people on assistance were less than half as likely to pop positive than those who had jobs.

Yeah, It must be a scam from the evil drug testing industry. I hate those evil urinalysis corporations and their lobbyists. They're all behind this! :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Yeah, It must be a scam from the evil drug testing industry. I hate those evil urinalysis cooperation's and their lobbyists. They're all behind this! :rolleyes:

Hey, that was exactly the case when Rick Scott did it in FL. Seems he had a large interest in drug testing companies.

Yeah, It must be a scam from the evil drug testing industry. I hate those evil urinalysis cooperation's and their lobbyists. They're all behind this! :rolleyes:

It's a scam for republicans to scare up votes from idiots, actually.

With a little work,safe bet you can get some NC state legislators, and tell them that.it's their law not anyone on this board.

You seem to have some info that you've withheld. Funny, that.

Forum List

Back