NC New Welfare Drug Test Law: 1/3rd Tested Positive from Sample.

Should Welfare Applicants be Required to Take a Drug Test?

• Total voters
If you have to b able to pass a drug test to actually earn a living, why not to receive money being given to you by others?

Seems basic to me.. yes, you should have to be able to prove that the money you are getting to exist is not being spent on illicit drugs.

How about a drug test for anyone who gets the mortgage interest deduction?

You know, I can see people in high stress jobs being drug tested, because they have to remain sharp while they are on the job.

People who are receiving welfare? No. I don't think they need to be tested. Why? If they aren't working in a job that could be hazardous to the public, there is no need for it.

Besides............of all the people I've ever known who received financial assistance, they were more intereslted in feeding themselves and keeping a roof over their head rather than taking drugs.

If you can afford drugs, you're making bad choices in not buying food first, and don't deserve the help and to hell with anyone too stupid to agree with that.

If you have to b able to pass a drug test to actually earn a living, why not to receive money being given to you by others?

Seems basic to me.. yes, you should have to be able to prove that the money you are getting to exist is not being spent on illicit drugs.

How about doing away with all credits, deductions, and loopholes?

OK sure, and every other itemized deduction?

Good Lord you can be a numbskull.

You know, I can see people in high stress jobs being drug tested, because they have to remain sharp while they are on the job.

People who are receiving welfare? No. I don't think they need to be tested. Why? If they aren't working in a job that could be hazardous to the public, there is no need for it.

Besides............of all the people I've ever known who received financial assistance, they were more intereslted in feeding themselves and keeping a roof over their head rather than taking drugs.

If you can afford drugs, you're making bad choices in not buying food first, and don't deserve the help and to hell with anyone too stupid to agree with that.

There is nothing as disgusting as a 2 year old free loader. Let the little nippers get jobs!

There is nothing as disgusting as a 2 year old free loader. Let the little nippers get jobs!

That's silly, 2 year-olds can't work. But their parents should be.

Stupid argument that is a fallacy meant to play on the sympathies for the children of people who choose to buy drugs with their own money and use taxpayer money to buy food.

If you truly cared about the children you would be condemning their parents for using drugs

PS I 100% support SNAP and believe that in general it is a good program

Why not? They're government handouts that only certain people get, and not for doing anything beneficial.

Add child tax credits to that.

No, their parents are stoned and Easy took away their food stamps, so that kid should be cutting weeds in front of highway billboards for a living, rather than remain a drain on society.

Agree why should we give them money if they spend it on drugs?

Stupid argument that is a fallacy meant to play on the sympathies for the children of people who choose to buy drugs with their own money and use taxpayer money to buy food.

If you truly cared about the children you would be condemning their parents for using drugs

PS I 100% support SNAP and believe that in general it is a good program

Oh, but I do blame the parents. Those kids should have picked better ones!

Last edited:

Why not? They're government handouts that only certain people get, and not for doing anything beneficial.

Handouts? That only works in world where one assumes the government is entitled to 100% of your income so therefore any $ they don't take is magically given to you.

Only a moron believes this.

So expand the goods that welfare recipients can use food stamps for, and cut back on the cash assistance.

Handouts? That only works in world where one assumes the government is entitled to 100% of your income so therefore any $ they don't take is magically given to you.

The government WAS entitled to that portion of your tax bill until the mortgage deduction was invented.

I don't have a mortgage. I don't get my tax bill reduced. That is by definition a handout for the ones that get it.

Why should you get an exemption for children if you blow the money on drugs?
Test all parents who claim the credit

"Think of the Children"

Again, and this has been pointed out before, the presence of some substance in your bloodstream does not automatically mean that money changed hands to put it there, let alone whose money it was. That's a conclusion without a bridge.

The government WAS entitled to that portion of your tax bill until the mortgage deduction was invented.

I don't have a mortgage. I don't get my tax bill reduced. That is by definition a handout for the ones that get it.

And after the deduction they are entitled to less. That is not a handout except in leftwing loony land.

:lmao:

And after the deduction they are entitled to less. That is not a handout except in leftwing loony land.

:lmao:

It's a handout when someone lowers your bill. It's money in your pocket for no good reason that others don't get.

The government is entitled to amount of your taxable income that conforms to the current tax rates.

Forum List

Back