NC New Welfare Drug Test Law: 1/3rd Tested Positive from Sample.

Should Welfare Applicants be Required to Take a Drug Test?

• Total voters
OK sure, and every other itemized deduction?

Good Lord you can be a numbskull.

Why not? They're government handouts that only certain people get, and not for doing anything beneficial.

Add child tax credits to that.

Handouts? That only works in world where one assumes the government is entitled to 100% of your income so therefore any $ they don't take is magically given to you.

Only a moron believes this.

The government WAS entitled to that portion of your tax bill until the mortgage deduction was invented.

I don't have a mortgage. I don't get my tax bill reduced. That is by definition a handout for the ones that get it.

And after the deduction they are entitled to less. That is not a handout except in leftwing loony land.

:lmao:

It's a handout when someone lowers your bill. It's money in your pocket for no good reason that others don't get.

Yeah, yeah.. we get it.... you're entitled to 100% of everyone elses money.

If you have to b able to pass a drug test to actually earn a living, why not to receive money being given to you by others?

Seems basic to me.. yes, you should have to be able to prove that the money you are getting to exist is not being spent on illicit drugs.

How about a drug test for anyone who gets the mortgage interest deduction?

Why not? They're government handouts that only certain people get, and not for doing anything beneficial.

Handouts? That only works in world where one assumes the government is entitled to 100% of your income so therefore any $ they don't take is magically given to you.

The government is entitled to amount of your taxable income that conforms to the current tax rates.

Yeah, after applicable deductions and that is exactly what they get... no more, no less. Nobody is giving me anything.

Liberals are in large part why the poor suffer. They judge the success of social programs like welfare and foodstamps and their success for providing these programs by the massive number of Americans on these programs than by the number of people they help get OFF these programs.

I 'd love to see all the Republican programs that help people get off welfare

The only thing Republicans do for the poor is build more prisons

Well we all know when the Republicans ended 99 weeks of unemployment in December 2013 the Unemployment in America dropped like a rock from 6.6% to now under 5%

If that is not a successful job program I don't know what is.

You know, I can see people in high stress jobs being drug tested, because they have to remain sharp while they are on the job.

People who are receiving welfare? No. I don't think they need to be tested. Why? If they aren't working in a job that could be hazardous to the public, there is no need for it.

Besides............of all the people I've ever known who received financial assistance, they were more intereslted in feeding themselves and keeping a roof over their head rather than taking drugs.

If you can afford drugs, you're making bad choices in not buying food first, and don't deserve the help and to hell with anyone too stupid to agree with that.

Again, and this has been pointed out before, the presence of some substance in your bloodstream does not automatically mean that money changed hands to put it there, let alone whose money it was. That's a conclusion without a bridge.

LOL so you're supposing their are a lot of drug dealers out there giving handouts to users? LOL Come on

If you have to b able to pass a drug test to actually earn a living, why not to receive money being given to you by others?

Seems basic to me.. yes, you should have to be able to prove that the money you are getting to exist is not being spent on illicit drugs.

and u

The government is entitled to amount of your taxable income that conforms to the current tax rates.

Too true, and under current law that amount includes all deductions and credits.

We absolutely need tax reform to do away with all deductions and credits.

e
Yeah, after applicable deductions and that is exactly what they get... no more, no less. Nobody is giving me anything.

I don't know about you, but I would gladly give up all deductions and credits. Imagine the surprise on the face of the unemployed single mom with 4 kids who suddenly discovered that her $5K tax "refund" she received last year after not paying one single dime in was gone. LOL

e

I don't know about you, but I would gladly give up all deductions and credits. Imagine the surprise on the face of the unemployed single mom with 4 kids who suddenly discovered that her $5K tax "refund" she received last year after not paying one single dime in was gone. LOL

Well, Fair, I am sure that you would have had a laugh riot when my mother found herself alone and unemployed with 4 kids when I was 7 years old, and my father had died, back in the 1950's.

e

Well, Fair, I am sure that you would have had a laugh riot when my mother found herself alone and unemployed with 4 kids when I was 7 years old, and my father had died, back in the 1950's.

It was pretty clear, to the literate, what I was laughing at.

e

Yep! People in distress are so amusing.

e

Yep! People in distress are so amusing.

No need to further prove you are illiterate. The point stands.

The only reason to drug test people is to further punish them for not having a job so you have to make sure they know they will be subjected to peeing in containers for their amusement

How many studies would you need in order to drop this bullshit? This has been done......and evaluated....many times. The fact is that there is no benefit to requiring drug testing before approving public assistance. It's a scam.

Makes 'em feel better

How many studies would you need in order to drop this bullshit? This has been done......and evaluated....many times. The fact is that there is no benefit to requiring drug testing before approving public assistance. It's a scam.

Makes 'em feel better

That is obviously false. If 20,000 people are tested and 7,000 of them fail and hence are off welfare, you don't suddenly see 7,000 people die of starvation, then that tells you that they found some other way to feed themselves and hence the system, which is SUPPOSED to be a stop gap that people learn to get off of, worked, those 7,000 people are now self sufficient and off SNAP.

e

I'm all for getting rid of the tax code as we know it... believe me. All we are doing is trying to manipulate behavior through tax gimmicks. You know you're in trouble when people actually talk about "getting" their taxes.

The only reason to drug test people is to further punish them for not having a job so you have to make sure they know they will be subjected to peeing in containers for their amusement

Why is it unfair to drug test someone on taxpayer assistance yet fair to drug test people in order to keep an actual job and contribute to society?

You know, I can see people in high stress jobs being drug tested, because they have to remain sharp while they are on the job.

People who are receiving welfare? No. I don't think they need to be tested. Why? If they aren't working in a job that could be hazardous to the public, there is no need for it.

Besides............of all the people I've ever known who received financial assistance, they were more interested in feeding themselves and keeping a roof over their head rather than taking drugs.

So the taxpayers should be forced to support their drug use?

Why is it unfair to drug test someone on taxpayer assistance yet fair to drug test people in order to keep an actual job and contribute to society?

I'm all for drug testing welfare recipients, but those are false equivalencies . A private employer can do all sorts of things the government can't.

No it's to punish them for using tax payer money for illegal activities

Why do you want to fund crime?

No it's to punish them for using tax payer money for illegal activities

Why do you want to fund crime?

Then shouldn't we drug test those who get a $4000 tax exemption for every child?

Forum List

Back