NC up a creek

You, of all people, should understand the basic concept of Civil Right.

So, it was OK for Rosa Parks to ride the bus, but equally fine that she drink from the Coloreds drinking fountain?

A civil right applied everywhere, not just where you pick and choose.

Google "Arbitrary"
I do understand civil rights. i was just pointing out your tendency to become confused and start using logical fallacies to make an argument.

Which you are unable to define as a fallacy.

Civil Rights encompass nearly every accomodation (maybe all), they ARE NOT LIMITED.
I actually did an amazing job of exposing your post as a fallacy. Hell I wasnt even the only one.

Saying so, and delivery are two incredibly different things.
From that statement you do seem to understand that your post was false equivalence. Thanks for admitting that.

Let's assume the federal government can withhold tax money from a state for having a law they say violates federal law. Shouldn't that federal government also withhold tax money from states that absolutely violate federal law?

Bribery is not ever a good reason to give in, especially when the party bribing you holds a weak hand.

Using the 1964 civil rights law was absurd.
Care to share your extensive legal wisdom as to why it's absurd Pops?

Discrimination is arbitrary rules that exclude simalarily situated individuals from the same accomadation or excersize of a right.

Is a male with a penis more simalar to:

A. A male with a penis

Or

B. A woman with a vagina

Seems pretty simple.
It seems different issues confuse you. Its not as simple as "See jack run". Different issues necessitate different solutions that on the surface confuse those that are less intelligent and causes them to create logical fallacies.

So, it was OK for Rosa Parks to ride the bus, but equally fine that she drink from the Coloreds drinking fountain?

Google "Arbitrary"
Let me guess where your going with that. If transwomen are allowed to use the bathroom that they identify with, it will violate the rights of cisgender women because the would be fearful that a woman who used to be a man is peeing in one of those stall, when that cis woman WOULD NOT EVEN KNOW IT ? Did I miss anything Pops?

I will ask again. If no one would even know a transgender was using which bathroom, then whats the big deal?

Discrimination is arbitrary rules that exclude simalarily situated individuals from the same accomadation or excersize of a right.

A. A male with a penis

Or

B. A woman with a vagina

Seems pretty simple.
It seems different issues confuse you. Its not as simple as "See jack run". Different issues necessitate different solutions that on the surface confuse those that are less intelligent and causes them to create logical fallacies.

Google "Arbitrary"
Let me guess where your going with that. If transwomen are allowed to use the bathroom that they identify with, it will violate the rights of cisgender women because the would be fearful that a woman who used to be a man is peeing in one of those stall, when that cis woman WOULD NOT EVEN KNOW IT ? Did I miss anything Pops?

I will ask again. If no one would even know a transgender was using which bathroom, then what's the big deal?
I have been asking the same question. It should not be a big deal. It should not be an issue at all. This hysteria about transpeople going into bathrooms for nefarious reasons is borderline psychotic. The bigots have whipped everyone into a frenzy about it and got the right wing bigot politicians to pass these laws. That is when it became a big deal because transpeople are fearful of being challenged and harassed and people have been harassed just on suspicion of being trans.

I do understand civil rights. i was just pointing out your tendency to become confused and start using logical fallacies to make an argument.

Civil Rights encompass nearly every accomodation (maybe all), they ARE NOT LIMITED.
I actually did an amazing job of exposing your post as a fallacy. Hell I wasnt even the only one.

From that statement you do seem to understand that your post was false equivalence. Thanks for admitting that.

Let's assume the federal government can withhold tax money from a state for having a law they say violates federal law. Shouldn't that federal government also withhold tax money from states that absolutely violate federal law?
Depends.

A. A male with a penis

Or

B. A woman with a vagina

Seems pretty simple.

Google "Arbitrary"

I will ask again. If no one would even know a transgender was using which bathroom, then what's the big deal?
I have been asking the same question. It should not be a big deal. It should not be an issue at all. This hysteria about transpeople going into bathrooms for nefarious reasons is borderline psychotic. The bigots have whipped everyone into a frenzy about it and got the right wing bigot politicians to pass these laws. That is when it became a big deal because transpeople are fearful of being challenged and harassed and people have been harassed just on suspicion of being trans.

It's not a big deal for transgenders either, use the bathroom of the gender you look like, no one will even know the difference. Yet you don't condemn the left wing retards who started this.

Depends.

No it doesn't depend, and that is where left wing stupidity and hypocrisy come into play. The federal government should enforce ALL laws equally. That's kind of the basis of our whole government. Equality.

A. A male with a penis

Or

B. A woman with a vagina

Seems pretty simple.

Google "Arbitrary"

I will ask again. If no one would even know a transgender was using which bathroom, then whats the big deal?
Thats what I asked when NC wasted all that money and time creating a law they cant enforce.

A. A male with a penis

Or

B. A woman with a vagina

Seems pretty simple.

Google "Arbitrary"

There isn't a big deal and never was a big deal. This law has nothing to do with transgenders. It is to protect predators. When a woman is attacked. The police will certainly investigate and arrest the perp when found. The state has no interest in preventing crimes. It's function is to investigate crimes when they occur.

Depends.

No it doesn't depend, and that is where left wing stupidity and hypocrisy come into play. The federal government should enforce ALL laws equally. That's kind of the basis of our whole government. Equality.
Now youre telling me that I dont think it depends? Hey dumbass you asked my opinion.
laugh.gif

Google "Arbitrary"

It's not a big deal for transgenders either, use the bathroom of the gender you look like, no one will even know the difference. Yet you don't condemn the left wing retards who started this.
I thought the right wing retards made up the law they cant possibly enforce?

A. A male with a penis

Or

B. A woman with a vagina

Seems pretty simple.

Google "Arbitrary"

Thats what I asked when NC wasted all that money and time creating a law they cant enforce.

Do you even know what the law says, or why it was written to begin with?

Why any sane person would object to a company doing what they want with their bathrooms is just beyond me

Google "Arbitrary"

Do you even know what the law says, or why it was written to begin with?

Why any sane person would object to a company doing what they want with their bathrooms is just beyond me
I havent read it cover to cover but I did get a summary of it and of course its an idiotic and bigoted law.

Lots of companies are pulling out of NC to protest the HB2 law BTW.

The federal government's response to this is pulling federal college funds? Wouldn't it make more sense to pull federal sewer projects?

Google "Arbitrary"

Oh please give me a fucking break. I just explained how the existence of these unnecessary and bigoted laws encourages harassment and instills fear. . The retards are the right wing nut cases who pushed these bills through-they are the ones who started it. Those are the same retards that started the lengthy and costly fight over same sex marriage. In both case, we liberals had to respond so don't give that crap about the left starting it. You seem to think that the whole issue is stupid and unnecessary but you can bring yourself to admit that these laws are divisive and stupid

Seems like we all had the privilege to use the restroom of our sex, now we have created a "right" to equal access. Please explain how that is progress or even a right.

Forum List

Back