Nelly and arrests for rape

harmonica

Diamond Member
Sep 1, 2017
so Nelly got arrested.for rape and his name all over the MSM for rape...don't get me wrong, if you are convicted of rape, I think they should cut a part of your body off
but, how does this arrest stuff work? someone says ''he raped me'' and the man gets arrested without a warrant? do they need a warrant? does that not need evidence of some kind? isn't it more of a he-said she said argument??
thanks for replies

St Louis has some good heroes:
ASmith
MBrown
Nelly --''ride wit me '' ?

Last edited:
so Nelly got arrested.for rape and his name all over the MSM for rape...don't get me wrong, if you are convicted of rape, I think they should cut a part of your body off
but, how does this arrest stuff work? someone says ''he raped me'' and the man gets arrested without a warrant? do they need a warrant? does that not need evidence of some kind? isn't it more of a he-said she said argument??
thanks for replies

ASmith
MBrown
how does this arrest stuff work? someone says ''he raped me'' and the man gets arrested

Sort of. What you missed is that when a person gets arrested for a given crime, the court of public opinion discards all notions of the presumption of innocence, assuming "arrested, therefore guilty."

Research "Probable Cause".
I tried that
..in one of the articles on the arrest, they said they found drugs....so--I would think there might be some confusion on why exactly he was arrested
..also, it says people can be arrested for a felony probable cause, or -of course--if the police actually see the crime
I thought I'd get some other opinions

thanks for replies

ASmith
MBrown
No. It is not all "he said, she said.

For example, it is extremely likely that your post here has already forwarded to the proper authorities in the St. Louis area. If you are accused of rape it can be used as evidence against you.

And can be used as evidence of premeditation that will put you on death row if your victim dies.

I tried that
..in one of the articles on the arrest, they said they found drugs....so--I would think there might be some confusion on why exactly he was arrested
..also, it says people can be arrested for a felony probable cause, or -of course--if the police actually see the crime
This can be a multiple step process depending upon situation. Individuals can be arrested for multiple reasons.
Arrest happens when the police officer has probable cause and reason to suspect or believe that a person has been involved in or WILL BE involved in an illegal activity. Once probable cause has been established and the person has been officially arrested the police then have the responsibility to search the suspects immediate surroundings, though this is limited.

I tried that
This can be a multiple step process depending upon situation. Individuals can be arrested for multiple reasons.
Arrest happens when the police officer has probable cause and reason to suspect or believe that a person has been involved in or WILL BE involved in an illegal activity. Once probable cause has been established and the person has been officially arrested the police then have the responsibility to search the suspects immediate surroundings, though this is limited.
that adds a lot....the search aspect seems logical.......thank you....

I tried that
that adds a lot....the search aspect seems logical.......thank you....
Yeah...you have to be real careful with cops. It helps to be law abiding but the oldest rule is the best one...STFU.

Who is "Nelly"? This is a man's name?
A rapper/hip hop artist.

Ah, I'm more of a classical and jazz guy.

I would have never guessed a rapper who calls himself Nelly. Sounds like a little girl's name. Or a horse.

Anyway, rapist, eh?

Given the rap lyrics I have heard, I'm not all that surprised.
Yeah...I only know his name because when I was a young airman I had the blessed opportunity to live in a dormitory during the height of his popularity. Can you say noise pollution?

thanks for replies

ASmith
MBrown
No. It is not all "he said, she said.

For example, it is extremely likely that your post here has already forwarded to the proper authorities in the St. Louis area. If you are accused of rape it can be used as evidence against you.

And can be used as evidence of premeditation that will put you on death row if your victim dies.
what?

It's always hard to tell when a rich, well known public figure is accused of something like that. He could very well be guilty or he could be the victim of an opportunist.

Anyways, speaking of celebrity rapists...

:gs:

Forum List

Back