Nelson Mandela dead

Reagan may have started out as a democrat but in the end he was true to the core Republican

Reagan hated war and was all for compromise with the Dems.

Reagan could compromise with democrats when he was president because most all had the same goal in mind, just different ways of doing it. I doubt he would compromise with democrats today.

Only because he would never make it through the primaries. He would be pilloried as an ex-Dem and a Hollywood union leader and soft on war.

That has to be the dumbest load of utter horse manure ever posted about Mandela but considering the source I am not in the least surprised.

Check this link and there's several more.

3 Things You Didn?t (Want To) Know About Nelson Mandela - The Backbencher

[ame=http://youtu.be/R36lCK4IFuk]Nelson Mandela Freedom Fighter or Terrorist ? - YouTube[/ame]

Mandela was imprisoned in 1962 and allowed 1 letter every six months and 1 visitor per year for 20 minutes. As far as the allegations of terrorism go the document that they used to charge him with was discovered in a raid while he was in prison. It was a typed document too so it wasn't even his handwriting. The first attempt at a trial was so farcical that the judge threw it out of court.

Defense attorney Bram Fischer led off the proceedings with an attack on the sufficiency of the indictment. He argued that the charges were vague, and failed to provide any indication as to which defendants carried out which alleged acts of sabotage. Instead, the government's indictment simply stated that details concerning the sabotage were "peculiarly within the knowledge of the accused." Justice de Wet, in his flowing red robes beneath a wooden canopy, found the defense arguments convincing. He told Yutar that the indictment seemed to presuppose guilt and provided almost no clue as to the nature of the offenses. The indictment, Justice de Wet announced, must be quashed.

The Nelson Mandela (Rivonia) Trial: An Account

They then proceeded with a political show trial in order to achieve a conviction but they couldn't produce any actual "evidence" so they didn't get the death penalty that they sought.

Mandela was no shrinking violet but the case against him would never have stood up in the USA. The rest of that link is little more than "guilt by association". Procuring arms and meeting leaders of other nations is something that all governments and politicians do.

I'm not allowed to respond as far as I can tell..:eusa_silenced:

You could do an honest google search on your own, I suppose, if you were actually interested..

Mandela was imprisoned in 1962 and allowed 1 letter every six months and 1 visitor per year for 20 minutes. As far as the allegations of terrorism go the document that they used to charge him with was discovered in a raid while he was in prison. It was a typed document too so it wasn't even his handwriting. The first attempt at a trial was so farcical that the judge threw it out of court.

Defense attorney Bram Fischer led off the proceedings with an attack on the sufficiency of the indictment. He argued that the charges were vague, and failed to provide any indication as to which defendants carried out which alleged acts of sabotage. Instead, the government's indictment simply stated that details concerning the sabotage were "peculiarly within the knowledge of the accused." Justice de Wet, in his flowing red robes beneath a wooden canopy, found the defense arguments convincing. He told Yutar that the indictment seemed to presuppose guilt and provided almost no clue as to the nature of the offenses. The indictment, Justice de Wet announced, must be quashed.

They then proceeded with a political show trial in order to achieve a conviction but they couldn't produce any actual "evidence" so they didn't get the death penalty that they sought.

Mandela was no shrinking violet but the case against him would never have stood up in the USA. The rest of that link is little more than "guilt by association". Procuring arms and meeting leaders of other nations is something that all governments and politicians do.

You could do an honest google search on your own, I suppose, if you were interested..

I did! :eusa_whistle:

Mandela was actively working against Apartheid but the case against him was a complete farce. The Apartheid regime was comprised of racists and yes-men. They had very little in the way of intellectuals. Mandela was more than a match for them when it comes to brains. They were scared of him and his ability to speak effectively and eloquently. That was why they restricted his communication with the outside world. It was censorship by imprisonment. BTW the Apartheid regime became more and more draconian as time went by. It was totally corrupt and spent the nation into massive debt purchasing arms. If you want the full story then do an honest google search on Apartheid too. As I said Mandela was no angel but it was the Apartheid regime that was truly evil in every sense of the word.

People would be saying the same hateful things against Nelson Mandela if he were born in America, played baseball, was a member of the republican caucus, had a brother in The Tea Party, and a white wife.

THE EXACT SAME COMMENTS would be said today by these types of people hating on him today.

Has nothing to do with communism.

lol

Other than being a communist Mandela could be compared to MLK

He was a man of Great Dignity; very wise as well.
The lack of bitterness, the steadfastness: all these positive adjectives come to mind.
RIP

abu afak/mbig

Last edited:
That's one way of saying, "Because I say so, that's why!"

It's not evidence, it's not noble, hell! It' not true. Is this the best ya got?

He was an admitted communist the end

"Admitted"

Now where did he "admit" he was a Communist? Where in that book did he ever say he was a Communist? Can you find a quote?

Did you even look at the link I posted?

I don't see why your arguing about?

Communist to you aren't all tat bad, or correction some communist aren't that bad. So what is the big deal?

He was an admitted communist the end

"Admitted"

Now where did he "admit" he was a Communist? Where in that book did he ever say he was a Communist? Can you find a quote?

Communist to you aren't all tat bad, or correction some communist aren't that bad. So what is the big deal?

Yanno, I get real sick and tired of people putting words in my mouth. Frankly your links are unsubstantiated and easily countered. It seems that a majority of the well reasoned posters on those board agree with my premise not yours. You're a freaking broken record, "He's a communist! He's a communist! He's a communist!" No, bigreb, he is not a communist. You are entitled to your own opinions, but as for your own facts, you are not privy to such. It's high time you accepted that fact and moved on to a higher quarry.

Look, I agree with you sometimes, when you aren't on your high horse, but right now you're being a dick (excuse the language).

Last edited:
I think ya'll have gotten he-she-it to jump through enough hoops for one exchange...
wink_smile.gif

Now... back to Nelson Mandela...
teeth_smile.gif

"Admitted"

Yanno, I get real sick and tired of people putting words in my mouth. Frankly your links are unsubstantiated and easily countered. It seems that a majority of the well reasoned posters on those board agree with my premise not yours. You're a freaking broken record, "He's a communist! He's a communist! He's a communist!" No, bigreb, he is not a communist. You are entitled to your own opinions, but as for your own facts, you are not privy to such. It's high time you accepted that fact and moved on to a higher quarry.

Look, I agree with you sometimes, when you aren't on your high horse, but right now you're being a dick (excuse the language).

Look, I agree with you sometimes, when you aren't on your high horse, but right now you're being a dick (excuse the language)

What makes you think I've changed COMPARED TO OTHER TOPICS? I will not compromise my principles for the warm fuzzy feeling. He was a communist, you even said some communist aren't bad, and that is not putting words in your mouth. I've said nothing against the man the only thing I've said about him was already known.

Look, I agree with you sometimes, when you aren't on your high horse, but right now you're being a dick (excuse the language)

What makes you think I've changed COMPARED TO OTHER TOPICS? I will not compromise my principles for the warm fuzzy feeling. He was a communist, you even said some communist aren't bad, and that is not putting words in your mouth. I've said nothing against the man the only thing I've said about him was already known.

You used the term "communist" as a pejorative. That' pretty much tells me what I need to know. What you said was known to you, and incorrect to everyone else. Nobody asked you to sacrifice your principles, bigreb, just your prideful arrogance.

As Kondor said, this is the Nelson Mandela thread. This will be my last post on this topic of discussion.

I think ya'll have gotten he-she-it to jump through enough hoops for one exchange...
wink_smile.gif

Now... back to Nelson Mandela...
teeth_smile.gif

Of course!

Care to do the honors of getting us back on track? :D
Shucks no... aaahhh've already sed muh piece...
tongue_smile.gif

Least-ways, 'til aaahhh figger out sumfin' else wurfwile ta say...

But I reckon the udder folks lookin' to get back on trakk...

You used the term "communist" as a pejorative. That' pretty much tells me what I need to know. What you said was known to you, and incorrect to everyone else. Nobody asked you to sacrifice your principles, bigreb, just your prideful arrogance.

As Kondor said, this is the Nelson Mandela thread. This will be my last post on this topic of discussion.

WHO HAS DISCUSSED ANYTHING BUT MANDELA?

I told you if you think some communist are good that's on you

What you said was known to you, and incorrect to everyone else.

Not only me, but your refusal to see things the way they are shows that you have given up your principles for that warm fuzzy feeling
Nelson Mandela 'proven' to be a member of the Communist Party after decades of denial - Telegraph

Apartheid would still be alive and well in South Africa if it weren't for the sacrifices Mandela made by speaking out and therefore going to prison thereby thawing the hearts of the most fanatic in SA.

Ok, you're kidding now, right?

Did you skip history in high school? Did you finish high school?

That is the way it went down, since I followed that news very carefully back then.

By our bullets and necklaces we will win.

Winnie Mandela carrying her imprisoned husband's voice.

Thawed the hearts of fanatics! Oh please. Put down the black revisionist history book.

You could do an honest google search on your own, I suppose, if you were interested..

I did! :eusa_whistle:

Mandela was actively working against Apartheid but the case against him was a complete farce. The Apartheid regime was comprised of racists and yes-men. They had very little in the way of intellectuals. Mandela was more than a match for them when it comes to brains. They were scared of him and his ability to speak effectively and eloquently. That was why they restricted his communication with the outside world. It was censorship by imprisonment. BTW the Apartheid regime became more and more draconian as time went by. It was totally corrupt and spent the nation into massive debt purchasing arms. If you want the full story then do an honest google search on Apartheid too. As I said Mandela was no angel but it was the Apartheid regime that was truly evil in every sense of the word.

You believe what you choose to believe. I've pretty had enough of this subject. I could actually care less that he was a terrorist leader and thousands died because of it. It's not up to me to pull you away from all this liberal revisionist poppy-cock.. enjoy the delusion.:thup:

Forum List

Back