Nelson Mandela dead

Why wouldn't it be. Every other damned vile accusation and mean spirited statement they post is. Nosmo should have quoted the posts to which he takes exception instead of just throwing his vile venom out there in this manner.

It was directed at those calling him a communist.

He did not make that clear.
Last sentence
Is calling Mandela a Communist more appealing than just playing the race card for the Haters?
And you can see the word communist written throughout his post.

The legacy of Mr Mandela is central to any assessment of his place in history. Imo he has no lasting achievement of any consequence.

What a dilemma? The virtually universal opinion of the entire world as to Mandela's legacy versus that of a nonentity on a message board? Which to choose?

:lol:

Virtually the entire world is undergoing a bout of hyped-up virtual hysteria. So go on - choose me. You know it makes sense.

Simple question what is Communism?
Mandela called himself a communist.

Prove it. And given your current ability to access the internet, google Communism and you will get your answer to 'what is Communism.'

Prove what that Mandela was a communist?

How to be a Good Communist by Nelson Mandela | NOOK Book (eBook) | Barnes & Noble

OK, so here's the bulls eye on my forehead:

When I visited a communist country, I came to realize that communism in some areas of the world can be a tremendous step forward for people who are powerless and living in abject squalor. The Chinese came to us first, and we refused to help them. So they went to the soviets who did not refuse to help them. They had to find a way out of feudalism, and no one in that country could accomplish it alone, and the people certainly couldn't. The fact that we left the mother country and had so much physical distance from them is one of the major factors that facilitated this country throwing off the king. In places like Africa and China that is not possible. Those places still seek our help. And I have been taking them information to help them become better nurses. If our government had been the mother of modern China, we wouldn't be fighting anywhere in the east today. We could have done it, but we didn't. Communism can't stand. The human spirit is too competitive for communism to stand. The places now under communist rule are evolving into some very capitalist ways.

The continent of Africa needs something, but this country is ill equipped at this point in time to provide it.

Last edited:
And for the record, any conservative out there who thinks I've suddenly morphed into a bleeding heart liberal, you are sorely mistaken. I grew up hearing stories about Nelson Mandela. Unlike you, I know when to acknowledge a man for what he has done for his people. I will defend him and set the record straight. He isn't any of the things you are labeling him as. He paved the way for racial equality in South Africa, much like Martin Luther King did here stateside.

If he was a thug you wouldn't hear about it from the media mainstream that is. Alt. media would be disregarded if it were true. just look at how the media treats obama. Anyone who calls them-self a communist no matter how good they act, they're still a communist.

You have yet to prove that he was a full blown communist. What policies did he enact as president of South Africa that would lead anyone to believe he was one?

Here's an interesting analogy:

Ronald Reagan was a staunch Democrat until 1962. By 1963, he was campaigning as a full blown Republican. Using your reasoning, he should still be a Democrat. Mandela needed help from the Communists. The only way he would get it was to join the SACP.

What say you?

Last edited:
And for the record, any conservative out there who thinks I've suddenly morphed into a bleeding heart liberal, you are sorely mistaken. I grew up hearing stories about Nelson Mandela. Unlike you, I know when to acknowledge a man for what he has done for his people. I will defend him and set the record straight. He isn't any of the things you are labeling him as. He paved the way for racial equality in South Africa, much like Martin Luther King did here stateside.

If he was a thug you wouldn't hear about it from the media mainstream that is. Alt. media would be disregarded if it were true. just look at how the media treats obama. Anyone who calls them-self a communist no matter how good they act, they're still a communist.

You have yet to prove that he was a full blown communist. What policies did he enact as president of South Africa that would lead anyone to believe he was one?

Ronald Reagan was a staunch Democrat until 1962. By 1963, he was campaigning as a full blown Republican. Using your reasoning, he should still be a Democrat. Mandela needed help from the Communists. The only way he would get it was to join the SACP.

What say you?

Reagan may have started out as a democrat but in the end he was true to the core Republican

Prove it. And given your current ability to access the internet, google Communism and you will get your answer to 'what is Communism.'

Prove what that Mandela was a communist?

How to be a Good Communist by Nelson Mandela | NOOK Book (eBook) | Barnes & Noble

When I visited a communist country, I came to realize that communism in some areas of the world can be a tremendous step forward for people who are powerless and living in abject squalor. The Chinese came to us first, and we refused to help them. So they went to the soviets who did not refuse to help them. They had to find a way out of feudalism, and no one in that country could accomplish it alone, and the people certainly couldn't. The fact that we left the mother country and had so much physical distance from them is one of the major factors that facilitated this country throwing off the king. In places like Africa and China that is not possible. Those places still seek our help. And I have been taking them information to help them become better nurses. If our government had been the mother of modern China, we wouldn't be fighting anywhere in the east today. We could have done it, but we didn't. Communism can't stand. The human spirit is too competitive for communism to stand. The places now under communist rule are evolving into some very capitalist ways.

The continent of Africa needs something, but this country is ill equipped at this point in time to provide it.

Have we not learned anything about how communism ends up?

You do have a point. What is the predominant religion in Africa?

And on top of that, I do believe I just got accused of being an Obama sympathizer... in a roundabout way.

It wasn't stated nor implied nor was it even a thought, but if you feel guilty time to confess, but I'm not your priest

When you make such blanket statements like that, who is to know who you were referring to? But the fact that I was defending Mandela, I assumed you were lumping me in with that crowd.

And on top of that, I do believe I just got accused of being an Obama sympathizer... in a roundabout way.

It wasn't stated nor implied nor was it even a thought, but if you feel guilty time to confess, but I'm not your priest

When you make such blanket statements like that, who is to know who you were referring to? But the fact that I was defending Mandela, I assumed you were lumping me in with that crowd.

Blanket statements? how so?
Blanket as in covering it all you have a point.

What say you?

Reagan may have started out as a democrat but in the end he was true to the core Republican

So, in that regard, Mandela enlisted help from the Communists, was a member of the Communist party; but wound up fighting for freedom, equality and opportunity. So, what of all that leads you to believe he himself was a Communist? If I enlist help from a Muslim for a common cause, does that make me a Muslim? I have a hard time struggling with this logic.

Last edited:

What say you?

So, in that regard, Mandela enlisted help from the Communists, was a member of the Communist party; but wound up fighting for freedom, equality and opportunity. So, what of all that leads you to believe he himself was a Communist? If I enlist help from a Muslim for a common cause, does that make me a Muslim? I have a hard time struggling with this logic.

I choose not to fight this fight. You think Mandela was an ok guy and some communist are not all bad go with it. Careful with what you side with it may just bite you in the ass when you least expect it.

Among other misreads.
Via Wonkette.

PolicyMic delves deep into the fight for Apartheid sanctions in Congress — and the 37 moderate Republican senators who joined with Dems to override Reagan’s veto.
Back in the Senate, Edward Kennedy chastised Republicans for Reagan’s actions:

“The Republican Party is at a crossroads. It must decide whether it wants to be the party of Lincoln or the party of apartheid.”

Under considerable pressure, Republican moderates rallied. Thirty-seven (37) out of 53 Republican senators joined their Democratic colleagues to pass the Comprehensive Anti-Apartheid Act over Reagan’s veto. Conservatives fumed, but they were powerless to stop the law from passing. It was the first time in the 20th century that a presidential veto on a foreign policy issue had been overturned.
My God, can you imagine?

Imagine that....Republicans actually doing the right thing

If it happened before, it can happen again. That's my hope for our future.

People would be saying the same hateful things against Nelson Mandela if he were born in America, played baseball, was a member of the republican caucus, had a brother in The Tea Party, and a white wife.

THE EXACT SAME COMMENTS would be said today by these types of people hating on him today.

Has nothing to do with communism.

lol

Last edited:

I'm not sure what that has to do with communism. From my observation, communism ends up as capitalism. But the people of a large country living the way the Chinese were living, understanding nothing but feudalism, and living in abject poverty simply cannot morph into an infrastructure rich capitalistic country unless they have a tremendous amount of help from a capitalist country. I'm talking to the extent of taking over. And we refused to help China. So the soviets went in and took over. Communism got them fed, clothed, and sheltered. Now they want more. They are demanding more, and getting it.

Having someone else go in and take over is all that can help Africa. And I don't really think anyone is going to do that. If Mandela was a communist, and he did promote communism, that certainly would have been a step forward for the people of Africa.

Everything is not just black /white, either/or. The way WE did it was the best way for US, but it may not be the best way for someone else.

Last edited:

I'm not sue what that has to do with communism. From my observation, communism ends up as capitalism. But the people of a large country living the way the Chinese were living, understanding nothing but feudalism, and living in abject poverty simply cannot morph into an infrastructure rich capitalistic country unless they have a tremendous amount of help from a capitalist country. I'm talking to the extent of taking over. And we refused to help China. So the soviets went in and took over. Communism got them fed, clothed, and sheltered. Now they want more. They are demanding more, and getting it.

Having someone else go in and take over is all that can help Africa. And I don't really think anyone is going to do that. If Mandela was a communist, and he did promote communism, that certainly would have been a step forward for the people of Africa.

Everything is not just black /white, either/or. The way WE did it was the best way for US, but it may not be the best way for someone else.

You said

It wasn't intended to do anything with communism. You said the continent of Africa needs something I said you might be right and asked what the predominant religion in Africa is?

I'm not sue what that has to do with communism. From my observation, communism ends up as capitalism. But the people of a large country living the way the Chinese were living, understanding nothing but feudalism, and living in abject poverty simply cannot morph into an infrastructure rich capitalistic country unless they have a tremendous amount of help from a capitalist country. I'm talking to the extent of taking over. And we refused to help China. So the soviets went in and took over. Communism got them fed, clothed, and sheltered. Now they want more. They are demanding more, and getting it.

You said

It wasn't intended to do anything with communism. You said the continent of Africa needs something I said you might be right and asked what the predominant religion in Africa is?

Islam largest, Christianity second according to wiki.

Religion in Africa - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

But Africa needs more than religion. The Chinese lived under Confucianism for 2,000 years and still couldn't pull themselves out of squalor.

You said

But Africa needs more than religion. The Chinese lived under Confucianism for 2,000 years and still couldn't pull themselves out of squalor.

Islam is the major religion but that is another thread isn't it?

You said

Islam is the major religion but that is another thread isn't it?

I don't think islam is what causes Africa to be the way it is. After all, there are other Islamic countries that are very wealthy. In fact Abu Dubai, I believe, is the wealthiest city in the world. Africa is the way it is because of little warring feudal fiefdoms. And when you have lived under a system your whole life, you don't really know that there is any other way. Africa doesn't need religion. Africa needs infrastructure and good government.

Forum List

Back