Nelson Mandela dead

Once again all one has to do is look at the acronym of TEA to understand that it was started over bushes taxes.

Your inability to admit when you are wrong exposes your lack of honesty and integrity.

I'm not wrong you are.
The Taxed Enough Already party was protesting bush

Your own lies from post #376!

George W. Bush: He Gave Rise to the Tea Party - NationalJournal.com
It's Tea Party vs. Bush and Obama - CNN.com
Quote:
The Tea Party movement was born out of a rebellion against one of President Bush's signature policies: TARP, the bailout for Wall Street investment banks. Tea Party activists have been extremely critical of the willingness of Republicans to turn to the federal government to solve some domestic problems.
SEEK HELP.

The tea party was up and running in 2007 long before Bush came out with TARP.

Your inability to admit when you are wrong exposes your lack of honesty and integrity.

I'm not wrong you are.

Quote:
The Tea Party movement was born out of a rebellion against one of President Bush's signature policies: TARP, the bailout for Wall Street investment banks. Tea Party activists have been extremely critical of the willingness of Republicans to turn to the federal government to solve some domestic problems.
SEEK HELP.

Sorry you fail. Jeezus christ dude you have it fucking bad you seem to think it's just TARP, what about the bailout for Wall Street investment banks. who was protesting then?
The TEA PARTY.

The tea party movement may only be a few years old, but the beginning of the movement is often misunderstood and misreported. While the tea party is often portrayed as being purely an anti-Obama movement, the truth is that the Republican Party has always been as much a target as President Obama and his administration.
A Tea Party History Lesson

You've disagreed with CNN Now what?

I'm not wrong you are.

Quote:
SEEK HELP.

Sorry you fail. Jeezus christ dude you have it fucking bad you seem to think it's just TARP, what about the bailout for Wall Street investment banks. who was protesting then?
The TEA PARTY.

The tea party movement may only be a few years old, but the beginning of the movement is often misunderstood and misreported. While the tea party is often portrayed as being purely an anti-Obama movement, the truth is that the Republican Party has always been as much a target as President Obama and his administration.
A Tea Party History Lesson

You've disagreed with CNN Now what?

Your gullibility and your lack of honesty and integrity mean that you lack credibility. But that is your problem.

Nelson Mandela funeral: George W. Bush, Bill and Hillary Clinton to attend Mandela memorial

131206_george_w_bush_bill_clinton_aps_605.jpg

By JENNIFER EPSTEIN | 12/6/13 4:13 PM EST - Politico.com

Former Presidents George W. Bush and Bill Clinton and former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton will travel to South Africa for Nelson Mandela's memorials next week,while former President George H.W. Bush will be staying home.

The younger Bush and former first lady Laura Bush "gratefully accepted" the invitation of President Obama and first lady Michelle Obama to travel aboard Air Force One, spokesman Freddy Ford said. The trip will be for "memorial services next week," but Ford didn't specify whether that means the Obamas and Bushes will attend a large memorial planned for Dec. 10 in Johannesburg or go to the state funeral set for Dec. 15 in Mandela's hometown, and referred questions to the White House.

Sources confirmed that the Clintons also plan to make the trip, but didn't say whether they will also be traveling on Air Force One.

Nelson Mandela funeral: George W. Bush, Bill and Hillary Clinton to attend Mandela memorial - POLITICO.com

========================================

Looks like a bipartisan turnout of Presidents coming up for Mandela...

Nelson Mandela funeral: George W. Bush, Bill and Hillary Clinton to attend Mandela memorial

[Nelson Mandela funeral: George W. Bush, Bill and Hillary Clinton to attend Mandela memorial - POLITICO.com

========================================

Looks like a bipartisan turnout of Presidents coming up for Mandela...

it certainly does. South Africa has had a plan for over a year--according to a source.

security will be tight--cannot imagine 'how tight'--the best of the best will certainly be needed I assume.

http://www.newser.com/story/178760/mandela-funeral-poses-massive-challenge.html

CNN denies deal to exclusive rights to Mandela's funeral
(from July '13--guess all of that was straightened out)
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/07/09/cnn-nelson-mandela-funeral-rights_n_3566926.html

every journalist in the world will cover the story--certainly should be an economic boost for South Africa--some sort of a silver lining.

Last edited:
Amazing the attention paid to a man who would be labeled a radical in America.

"The Right Wing’s Campaign To Discredit And Undermine Mandela, In One Timeline"

Six Things Nelson Mandela Believed That Most People Won't Talk About | ThinkProgress

The Right Wing's Campaign To Discredit And Undermine Mandela, In One Timeline | ThinkProgress

"I much prefer to remember them all as Enemies of the State, as revolutionaries who inspired fear and loathing in the entrenched powers. Dick Cheney is right to hate Mandela. Mandela fought against everything Cheney stands for. A strong progressive movement needs at all times to remember its enemies as well as its heroes."

The Philosopher's Stone: MORE ON MANDELA

Amazing the attention paid to a man who would be labeled a radical in America.

"The Right Wing’s Campaign To Discredit And Undermine Mandela, In One Timeline"

Six Things Nelson Mandela Believed That Most People Won't Talk About | ThinkProgress

The Right Wing's Campaign To Discredit And Undermine Mandela, In One Timeline | ThinkProgress

"I much prefer to remember them all as Enemies of the State, as revolutionaries who inspired fear and loathing in the entrenched powers. Dick Cheney is right to hate Mandela. Mandela fought against everything Cheney stands for. A strong progressive movement needs at all times to remember its enemies as well as its heroes."

The Philosopher's Stone: MORE ON MANDELA

yes--it is amazing. and I am beginning to believe I will never understand much of anything.

not worth thinking very long about some things.

at some point in time the goal of Peace may be achieved--globally. until then--there will be wrongs to be righted--fighting, war, outrage, etc. --anyone who contributes to improving things--it is right to pause and honor them.

tired of getting swept away over anything. I really should become more informed about many things. Just cannot. I know that from the 50's, when I started school---their has been concern for Africa--many things have been done to try to help. Cruel dictators--wherever they are---not something that should be tolerated. Difficult problems.

Communist or not seems irrelevant. In fact, so is the fact that he is dead, and receives any recognition for anything. He was imprisoned as the leader of a armed insurrection against the government of South Africa. So have many Islamist Extremist been imprisoned for arming themselves in opposition to governments, including the USA.

The difference is that Mandela was a US Media Darling, and still is. Many advertisements were sold in papers and in TV telling, retelling, and retelling again Mandela's story, and with each public appearance, the media value grew. Presidents and celebrities wanted their pictures taken with Mandela.

I'm certain he was a nice fellow, but the Hyperventillating Media is sickening in their obvious desire to manufacture celebrity, and to capitalize on it.
You might very well be on to something there; to a considerable degree, at least.

The only thing that struck me as 'contentious' would be the 'age' of the attempt to 'manufacture celebrity'....

I'm thinking that they'd pretty much wrapped that one up by the the middle 1990s...

They did a decent job of laying that foundation, back then, rightly or wrongly, or anything in -between...

Although I'll grant you that they're certainly capitalizing upon it at the moment...

Still, it's difficult to discount the idea that the old boy's own works and deeds have something to do with all of this...

I actually watched some of the hype, waiting for any report of the "old boy's own works and deeds." Frankly I didn't see reported that he's done much more than play the part of any other imprisoned human that later met Oprah Winfrey and Senator Obama. The main story is his association to US celebs: The REAL story is much more impressive.

As a member of a royal family, he was raised in advantageous surroundings, enjoyed an excellent education and attended University. Clearly, he could have chosen to have a very easy life, but instead chose to resist the status quo. This is the story the media is not telling.

Adios Terrorist Scumbag. Gotta laugh at the comments in the media about him "not being bitter" after his release from prison. Bitter? He should have been grateful.

The man was garbage, with an image concocted of whole cloth by leftist communist scum, through decades of misinformation. What a fucking joke.

Communist or not seems irrelevant. In fact, so is the fact that he is dead, and receives any recognition for anything. He was imprisoned as the leader of a armed insurrection against the government of South Africa. So have many Islamist Extremist been imprisoned for arming themselves in opposition to governments, including the USA.

The difference is that Mandela was a US Media Darling, and still is. Many advertisements were sold in papers and in TV telling, retelling, and retelling again Mandela's story, and with each public appearance, the media value grew. Presidents and celebrities wanted their pictures taken with Mandela.

I'm certain he was a nice fellow, but the Hyperventillating Media is sickening in their obvious desire to manufacture celebrity, and to capitalize on it.
You might very well be on to something there; to a considerable degree, at least.

The only thing that struck me as 'contentious' would be the 'age' of the attempt to 'manufacture celebrity'....

I'm thinking that they'd pretty much wrapped that one up by the the middle 1990s...

They did a decent job of laying that foundation, back then, rightly or wrongly, or anything in -between...

Although I'll grant you that they're certainly capitalizing upon it at the moment...

Still, it's difficult to discount the idea that the old boy's own works and deeds have something to do with all of this...

I actually watched some of the hype, waiting for any report of the "old boy's own works and deeds." Frankly I didn't see reported that he's done much more than play the part of any other imprisoned human that later met Oprah Winfrey and Senator Obama. The main story is his association to US celebs: The REAL story is much more impressive.

As a member of a royal family, he was raised in advantageous surroundings, enjoyed an excellent education and attended University. Clearly, he could have chosen to have a very easy life, but instead chose to resist the status quo. This is the story the media is not telling.

Another aspect that it not being told is why and how Mandela reluctantly decided to use force. The why is because of Sharpeville. About 5000 blacks were holding a peaceful protest against the new passbook laws when the police opened fire on the crowd without any provocation. At least 65 were killed and many more injured. That was the why but when it came to the how Mandela insisted that they attack only infrastructure and not people. They went after remote substations and buildings at night when no one was around. This policy then transformed in the 1980's into the passive resistance that made the nation essentially ungovernable.

As far the violence that was done to people that was primarily the South African Police's doing. However over time there were splinter groups of blacks that took more violent action. This violence on both sides is documented in the Truth and Reconciliation Commission transcripts. It is worth reading some samples to get an idea of both the magnitude and how it transformed the nation and brought closure to the ugliness of the Apartheid era. That too was something that belongs as a lasting aspect of Mandela's Legacy.

Newt Gingrich pushes back on Nelson Mandela criticism | Political Insider | www.ajc.com

<Yesterday I issued a heartfelt and personal statement about the passing of President Nelson Mandela. I said that his family and his country would be in my prayers and Callista&#8217;s prayers.

I was surprised by the hostility and vehemence of some of the people who reacted to me saying a kind word about a unique historic figure.

So let me say to those conservatives who don&#8217;t want to honor Nelson Mandela, what would you have done?

Mandela was faced with a vicious apartheid regime that eliminated all rights for blacks and gave them no hope for the future. This was a regime which used secret police, prisons and military force to crush all efforts at seeking freedom by blacks.

What would you have done faced with that crushing government?

What would you do here in America if you had that kind of oppression?

Some of the people who are most opposed to oppression from Washington attack Mandela when he was opposed to oppression in his own country.

As Americans we celebrate the farmers at Lexington and Concord who used force to oppose British tyranny. We praise George Washington for spending eight years in the field fighting the British Army&#8217;s dictatorial assault on our freedom.

Patrick Henry said, &#8220;Give me liberty or give me death.&#8221;

Thomas Jefferson wrote and the Continental Congress adopted that &#8220;all men are created equal, and they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights, among which are life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.&#8221;

Doesn&#8217;t this apply to Nelson Mandela and his people?

Some conservatives say, ah, but he was a communist.
>

~~~
if it is an issue for anyone--Mandela's daughter has said he was more spiritual than religious. Pragmatically chose to put 'the past' behind him when he was released from prison--not 'forgive' ~~~this has already been discussed on CNN this AM. Fox News was discussing this last night with Rick Warren, promoting his new book ---I have heard enough from Rick Warren--certain he has good insights--he bothers me.

Last edited:
I think it is funny that many of the RWers on this board say Mandela had communist ambitions.....LOL.....That fits in so well with my Avatar....THANKS!

I think it is funny that many of the RWers on this board say Mandela had communist ambitions.....LOL.....That fits in so well with my Avatar....THANKS!

there is said to be a 'criticism of Reagan' in Gingrich's response. I suppose it has to do with communism?

it seems like at present we cannot 'defeat' political systems that are radically different--as tempting as it might be.

Another aspect that it not being told is why and how Mandela reluctantly decided to use force. The why is because of Sharpeville. About 5000 blacks were holding a peaceful protest against the new passbook laws when the police opened fire on the crowd without any provocation. At least 65 were killed and many more injured. That was the why but when it came to the how Mandela insisted that they attack only infrastructure and not people. They went after remote substations and buildings at night when no one was around. This policy then transformed in the 1980's into the passive resistance that made the nation essentially ungovernable.

As far the violence that was done to people that was primarily the South African Police's doing. However over time there were splinter groups of blacks that took more violent action. This violence on both sides is documented in the Truth and Reconciliation Commission transcripts. It is worth reading some samples to get an idea of both the magnitude and how it transformed the nation and brought closure to the ugliness of the Apartheid era. That too was something that belongs as a lasting aspect of Mandela's Legacy.

The terrible Sharpeville massacre, where 65 were killed, certainly had a big effect on Mr Mandela.

Last year 34 striking African miners were murdered by the Police who opened fire on them without any provocation. Don't those who pretend that all is now sweetness and light in the New South Africa.

Forum List

Back