Nevada Governor vetoes offensive Gun control bill.

Nevada governor vetoes bill to strengthen gun background checks

So one of the Good Guys acted to safe guard our second amendment rights, GOOD JOB.

I used to think we needed gun control. Then I found out that two thirds of ALL gun related deaths in the US were suicide. Most of them were white guys in Red States. That makes them Republicans. Then I realized that every cloud has a silver lining. It's not guns who kill people. It's the GOP killing themselves. And all that talk about how dangerous Chicago is and it turns out that Illinois is like 34th in gun related deaths. And that the most are in Red States that have the fewest regulations.

So it looks like we may be on the same side after all. GOOD JOB!

Last edited by a moderator:
Residents of states with the highest rates of gun ownership and political conservatism are at greater risk of suicide than those in states with less gun ownership and less politically conservative leanings, according to a study by University of California, Riverside sociology professor Augustine J. Kposowa.

Suicide risk linked to rates of gun ownership, political conservatism

Disparity of deaths by firearms shaped by race | Minnesota Public Radio News

white gun-suicide victims are most often men who live in rural counties.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/02/15/opinion/suicide-made-easier-with-gun-access-at-home.html?_r=0

http://www.greenvilleonline.com/art...eaths-S-C-more-likely-suicides-than-homicides

Nationally and locally, the typical gun death victim is a white male who has committed suicide.

Governor Sandoval was doing a call in telephone poll as to if he should sign it or veto it.

Evidently we know which way the polling went now.

The only people that would be against enhanced background checks are people with something to hide.

So one of the Good Guys acted to safe guard our second amendment rights, GOOD JOB.

I used to think we needed gun control. Then I found out that two thirds of ALL gun related deaths in the US were suicide. Most of them were white guys in Red States. That makes them Republicans. Then I realized that every cloud has a silver lining. It's not guns who kill people. It's the GOP killing themselves. And all that talk about how dangerous Chicago is and it turns out that Illinois is like 34th in gun related deaths. And that the most are in Red States that have the fewest regulations.

where does Chicago stand city wise?....

where does Chicago stand city wise?....
You don't expect an honest answer, do you?

The only people that would be against enhanced background checks are people with something to hide.

That's actually incorrect. For example there a some that are just plain impatient and don't wanna waste time while the government fucks with them. and there are a lot more.

That's actually incorrect. For example there a some that are just plain impatient and don't wanna waste time while the government fucks with them. and there are a lot more.
The only people that would be against warrantless wiretaps are people with something to hide.

Impatience isn't a good enough reason to allow lunatics to own guns.

First - I don't own a gun. If I decide to buy one, I don't think it's the government business to know about it. I have no problem with a check to ensure I'm not a felon.

Second, as a Nevadan and American and retired army veteran, I completely agree with the governor's decision to veto this stupid bill.

The lefties here in Nevada - and elsewhere - are going to make a big deal of it but a lot of Nevadans will remember this positively when Sandoval runs again.

Good on him!!!

[He didn't run the poll - lefties did!]

:clap2:

So we can put you on the record as wanting to kill Republicans.

I wonder if Herbie read your little rant?

So we can put you on the record as wanting to kill Republicans.

I wonder if Herbie read your little rant?
More correctly, he's happy to see white Republicans die.
He's one of those kinder, gentler liberals.

Untrue.

Something wrong with the background checks we already have?

Yes, they don't cover off on sales between individuals. That makes it way to easy for a lunatic to purchase a used gun without needing a background check.

Forum List

Back