Nevada might elect a felon to the Legislature, marking a first

Dont Taz Me Bro

Diamond Member
Staff member
Senior USMB Moderator
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 17, 2009
Las Vegas, Nevada
So both the Democrat and the Republican running have a rap sheet. Not exactly strange for Nevada. We're the same state that back in the 2018 midterms elected a dead pimp to the state assembly seat in Pahrump.

Jovan Jackson, the Democratic candidate in heavily Democratic Assembly District 6, has a string of arrests, Medicaid sanctions and a felony conviction for his part in a 2015 armed robbery, records obtained by the Las Vegas Review-Journal show.

After serving a two-year sentence for the felony, he emerged from prison a changed man, he said.

“I tried a drug. I went completely psychotic from the drug,” Jackson, 32, told the Review-Journal. “I was able to rehabilitate in prison.”

Walter “Boo” Jones III, who is running against Jackson as a nonpartisan, said he isn’t buying it.

Jones has filed a complaint with the Nevada secretary of state, citing recent Medicaid sanctions against Jackson and a business he started, and claiming that Jackson doesn’t live in the district as required by law.

“How are you reforming yourself?” Jones, 61, said in an interview. “And you want to represent my district?”

The Republican in the race, Nephi “Khaliki” Oliva, was arrested in March on felony charges for allegedly teaching concealed-weapon classes despite a revoked instructor’s license, according to Las Vegas police. A preliminary hearing is scheduled for Nov. 19, after the election. Oliva did not respond to a request for comment.

So both the Democrat and the Republican running have a rap sheet. Not exactly strange for Nevada. We're the same state that back in the 2018 midterms elected a dead pimp to the state assembly seat in Pahrump.

Jovan Jackson, the Democratic candidate in heavily Democratic Assembly District 6, has a string of arrests, Medicaid sanctions and a felony conviction for his part in a 2015 armed robbery, records obtained by the Las Vegas Review-Journal show.

After serving a two-year sentence for the felony, he emerged from prison a changed man, he said.

“I tried a drug. I went completely psychotic from the drug,” Jackson, 32, told the Review-Journal. “I was able to rehabilitate in prison.”

Walter “Boo” Jones III, who is running against Jackson as a nonpartisan, said he isn’t buying it.

Jones has filed a complaint with the Nevada secretary of state, citing recent Medicaid sanctions against Jackson and a business he started, and claiming that Jackson doesn’t live in the district as required by law.

“How are you reforming yourself?” Jones, 61, said in an interview. “And you want to represent my district?”

The Republican in the race, Nephi “Khaliki” Oliva, was arrested in March on felony charges for allegedly teaching concealed-weapon classes despite a revoked instructor’s license, according to Las Vegas police. A preliminary hearing is scheduled for Nov. 19, after the election. Oliva did not respond to a request for comment.

Are you really comparing armed robbery to teaching a class without a license?

And how the hell is that a felony to begin with?

Since there's no trial/conviction till after the election there's only one felon running.....OP can't count.
That's as true here as it is for good guys with guns, before they become mass shooters in a school, with a gun.
Their 2A rights entitle them to privacy and not being discriminated against for what the god chooses. on how they must serve him with their guns.

Boot them both from the race.

Forum List

Back