Never trust anti gunners....they lie because they have an irrational fear of guns....

That is your claim. But, regardless of whether people think it is a big deal or not, the fact that you haven't heard about it from your "friends" (and I doubt that is a huge list of people) is nothing but anecdotal evidence and largely worthless.

No, worthless is a gun nut asking people how often their guns made them feel better about their tiny peckers and extrapolating millions of DGU's from that.

LMAO!! Another attempt to dance around the facts by using insults? Typical.

Guy, it's always about your tiny peckers, when you get right down to it.

Guy, it has nothing to do with my penis. I have plenty, thank you very much. But it is interesting that you seem focused on it.

Joe is a worthless troll, winterborn. I'd advise to not feed him, unless you're feeding him piss coated shit nuggets.

Joe is a worthless troll, winterborn. I'd advise to not feed him, unless you're feeding him piss coated shit nuggets.

As I have said before, I am not arguing with JoeyB to try and change his mind. The fact that he lies as much as he does and dismisses any legitimate study that contradicts his ideology shows me that he is both delusional and set in his ways.

But there are others who read these threads who may not be so blind. Humiliating JoeyB shows those people the fallacy of his argument.

No, it shows your claims concerning statistics (including what is or is not statistical evidence) to be bogus.

No, it proves a point that if you claim something happens millions of times, I should know someone it happened to.

I don't. Not one.

As I have said before, I am not arguing with JoeyB to try and change his mind. The fact that he lies as much as he does and dismisses any legitimate study that contradicts his ideology shows me that he is both delusional and set in his ways.

But there are others who read these threads who may not be so blind. Humiliating JoeyB shows those people the fallacy of his argument.

So you keep walking into making you look like a fool, and you think you are accomplishing something, GruppenFuhrer?

No, it shows your claims concerning statistics (including what is or is not statistical evidence) to be bogus.

No, it proves a point that if you claim something happens millions of times, I should know someone it happened to.

I don't. Not one.

Again you show your ignorance concerning what the statistic will or will not show.

The numbers (if you only look at the population and the number of claimed DGUs) only show that it is likely that you should know someone who did. Since it only shows the likelihood, it is not proof of anything. And since there are other factors, it doesn't really even show that. Plus, I am pretty sure you have not asked everyone you know whether they have ever used a gun to stop a crime, you have even less of an argument.

So you keep walking into making you look like a fool, and you think you are accomplishing something, GruppenFuhrer?

Dude, I have debunked your claims and caught you in too many lies for you to even come close to making a fool of me.

Again you show your ignorance concerning what the statistic will or will not show.

The numbers (if you only look at the population and the number of claimed DGUs) only show that it is likely that you should know someone who did. Since it only shows the likelihood, it is not proof of anything. And since there are other factors, it doesn't really even show that. Plus, I am pretty sure you have not asked everyone you know whether they have ever used a gun to stop a crime, you have even less of an argument.

Well, no, actually, I would expect that if someone had a life-changing experience like 'I had to use a gun to chase off a guy who was trying to kill me" they would be telling everyone within earshot. That's actually kind of a big life changing event.

Dude, I have debunked your claims and caught you in too many lies for you to even come close to making a fool of me.

Actually, GruppenFuhrer, the only thing you've proven is that I make you so insecure about losing your penis surrogate that you go all OCD on me.

Seriously, it is just so much fun getting a rise out of gun nuts.

Well, no, actually, I would expect that if someone had a life-changing experience like 'I had to use a gun to chase off a guy who was trying to kill me" they would be telling everyone within earshot. That's actually kind of a big life changing event.

Knowing your views, I doubt they would want to share it with you. No doubt you would condemn them for sending the criminal away to harm someone else.

Actually, GruppenFuhrer, the only thing you've proven is that I make you so insecure about losing your penis surrogate that you go all OCD on me.

Seriously, it is just so much fun getting a rise out of gun nuts.

lol You don't get a rise out of me. You provide a modicum of entertainment. And yes, I have shown you to be a liar numerous times.

Knowing your views, I doubt they would want to share it with you. No doubt you would condemn them for sending the criminal away to harm someone else.

Guy, again, 8 years ago, I was more right wing than you are, including buying the whole NRA bullshit argument.

And even w hen I was conservative, I never had a gun person boast about that great time he scared off an uppity negro with his gun.

Because it never happens.

lol You don't get a rise out of me. You provide a modicum of entertainment. And yes, I have shown you to be a liar numerous times.

NO, you only follow me around like a Deadhead follows around Jerry Garcia... but your not obsessed or anything.

Guy, again, 8 years ago, I was more right wing than you are, including buying the whole NRA bullshit argument.

And even w hen I was conservative, I never had a gun person boast about that great time he scared off an uppity negro with his gun.

Because it never happens.

So because you were never told about it personally, it never happens? lmao Too funny.

NO, you only follow me around like a Deadhead follows around Jerry Garcia... but your not obsessed or anything.

Oh please! You jump into any thread discussing guns. In many of them, I happened to post first or even started the thread. But I am following you?? lmao More evidence you are delusional.

So because you were never told about it personally, it never happens? lmao Too funny.

No, because it's unlikely that kind of thing would be a secret. I mean, here's the thing. if we are having 2.5million DGU's, they are the most closed mouthed people since the Mafia.

Charts Challenging the Myth That Guns Stop Crime Mother Jones

One of the gun lobby's favorite talking points is that America's arsenal of 300 million civilian firearms makes us safer by preventing millions of crimes. This contentious idea has taken fire as of late for relying on bogus stats and ignoring that most criminal shootings involve people who know each other, not gun-toting homeowners and midnight intruders. A new report from Violence Policy Center shoots even more holes in the argument that a well-armed society is a safer society.

The report finds that less than 3 percent of gun-related homicides are committed in self-defense (mouse over charts for the raw numbers):

Forum List

Back