Never trust anti gunners....they lie because they have an irrational fear of guns....

Except there is no evidence that banning guns would change the suicide rate. There is one dead person when they hang themselves or take poison too.

Yup, but here's the thing. You take poison, we can rush you to the hospital. You hang yourself, it takes you a few minutes to choke out.

Shoot yourself, not much can be done.

And you didn't read it? lol It must be nice to be able to selectively disregard any study that contradicts what you want. You are like those people who want Intelligent Design in schools. Anything that contradicts your ideology is disregarded. lol Hypocrisy is your standard.

Naw, Guy, I Have Spambot on ignore, because he keeps reposting the same shit.

I pretty much disregard any study that says hundreds of thousands or millions of DGUs. Just because of simple math.

We have 19500 gun suicides a year. In my life, I've known two people who've committed suicide with a gun.

There are 1.3 million to 2.5 million people who suffer from epilepsy. I've known all of two people who have had epileptic fits in my presense.

So that gives you a pretty good idea of how often something happens where I as an average person know of it happening to something.

So supposedly, millions of DGU's- and I don't know of ONE PERSON who ever had to fend off some evil criminal with a gun.

None of that changes the fact that the report I mentioned was, in fact, published by Harvard. And that the stats contained therein were well researched.

Except there is no evidence that banning guns would change the suicide rate. There is one dead person when they hang themselves or take poison too.

Yup, but here's the thing. You take poison, we can rush you to the hospital. You hang yourself, it takes you a few minutes to choke out.

Shoot yourself, not much can be done.

Yep. If you want to die, a gun is a good way to make sure you get there. And, as I have said over and over, there is no evidence that banning guns would change the suicide rate.

None of that changes the fact that the report I mentioned was, in fact, published by Harvard. And that the stats contained therein were well researched.

I don't care if it came from a guy with Stone Tablets claiming to speak for God.

It's a bullshit claim.

I don't care if it came from a guy with Stone Tablets claiming to speak for God.

It's a bullshit claim.

Yeah, I'm sure you want that to be true. Just like the fundamentalists want Genesis to be true.

It's a bullshit claim.

Yeah, I'm sure you want that to be true. Just like the fundamentalists want Genesis to be true.

Well, no, I can see it isn't true with my own eyes.

53 years old, haven't seen one person who has ever had to defend himself with a gun, not once. or know of it happening. Statistically, if this happens 3 million times a year, I'd know someone.

Statistics don't bear your claims out.

It's a bullshit claim.

53 years old, haven't seen one person who has ever had to defend himself with a gun, not once. or know of it happening. Statistically, if this happens 3 million times a year, I'd know someone.

The fact that you, one of 314 million people in this country, didn't see it is not "statistics". Your anecdotal evidence is meaningless.

The fact that you, one of 314 million people in this country, didn't see it is not "statistics". Your anecdotal evidence is meaningless.

Statistically, if it happens 3 million times a year, and over 53 years, I've never seen it happen once, makes it pretty unlikely.

Statistically, if it happens 3 million times a year, and over 53 years, I've never seen it happen once, makes it pretty unlikely.

No, that is not a statistical anything. Now, whether it happens over 3 million times a year to people in your socio-economic class, or is focused in your region or whether or not you discuss it with many people will all have a bearing on it.

The fact that you haven't heard of anyone in your social circle using a firearm to stop a crime does not mean it has never happened. It means that you have never been told that it happened.

This is not statistical data. This is anecdotal evidence.

No, that is not a statistical anything. Now, whether it happens over 3 million times a year to people in your socio-economic class, or is focused in your region or whether or not you discuss it with many people will all have a bearing on it.

The fact that you haven't heard of anyone in your social circle using a firearm to stop a crime does not mean it has never happened. It means that you have never been told that it happened.

No, that would be a pretty big deal, guy. People would talk about it.

No, that would be a pretty big deal, guy. People would talk about it.

That is your claim. But, regardless of whether people think it is a big deal or not, the fact that you haven't heard about it from your "friends" (and I doubt that is a huge list of people) is nothing but anecdotal evidence and largely worthless.

And you didn't read it? lol It must be nice to be able to selectively disregard any study that contradicts what you want. You are like those people who want Intelligent Design in schools. Anything that contradicts your ideology is disregarded. lol Hypocrisy is your standard.

Naw, Guy, I Have Spambot on ignore, because he keeps reposting the same shit.

I pretty much disregard any study that says hundreds of thousands or millions of DGUs. Just because of simple math.

We have 19500 gun suicides a year. In my life, I've known two people who've committed suicide with a gun.

There are 1.3 million to 2.5 million people who suffer from epilepsy. I've known all of two people who have had epileptic fits in my presense.

So that gives you a pretty good idea of how often something happens where I as an average person know of it happening to something.

So supposedly, millions of DGU's- and I don't know of ONE PERSON who ever had to fend off some evil criminal with a gun.

yeah because we all know that if something doesn't happen to you it doesn't happen at all

Did they know you personally?

It's a bullshit claim.

I was thinking about this. There are around 20,000 suicides per year, and you know 2 of them (not sure if they were the same year or not).

You admit that there are at least 65,000 defensive gun uses, and you know no one who has used a gun to stop a crime. So something that happened approximately 3.25x as often, and you know none? Sounds like your idea that you would know someone is faulty.

That is your claim. But, regardless of whether people think it is a big deal or not, the fact that you haven't heard about it from your "friends" (and I doubt that is a huge list of people) is nothing but anecdotal evidence and largely worthless.

No, worthless is a gun nut asking people how often their guns made them feel better about their tiny peckers and extrapolating millions of DGU's from that.

I was thinking about this. There are around 20,000 suicides per year, and you know 2 of them (not sure if they were the same year or not).

You admit that there are at least 65,000 defensive gun uses, and you know no one who has used a gun to stop a crime. So something that happened approximately 3.25x as often, and you know none? Sounds like your idea that you would know someone is faulty.

Well, there you go thinking again, Cleetus.

You're right. that even makes the 65,000 number kind of dubious.

No, worthless is a gun nut asking people how often their guns made them feel better about their tiny peckers and extrapolating millions of DGU's from that.

LMAO!! Another attempt to dance around the facts by using insults? Typical.

Did they know you personally?

One did. ONe I knew the young man's mother.

You know, people who bought a gun for 'protection' having to bury someone they love becuase of it.

That's the Gun Nutter Way.

LMAO!! Another attempt to dance around the facts by using insults? Typical.

Guy, it's always about your tiny peckers, when you get right down to it.

Well, there you go thinking again, Cleetus.

You're right. that even makes the 65,000 number kind of dubious.

No, it shows your claims concerning statistics (including what is or is not statistical evidence) to be bogus.

Forum List

Back