New Black Panther Party Leader - ... you want freedom ... kill some crackers

CaféAuLait;2487336 said:
where is the tape of him yelling while in front of the polls?

He was demanding ID and claiming to be security while brandishing a weapon. If that had been a member of the KKK dressed in ‘uniform’ it would rightly be called ‘voter intimidation” however it seems the rules are changed for some.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=neGbKHyGuHU]YouTube - "Security" patrols stationed at polling places in Philly[/ame]

:clap2::clap2::clap2:

This is why NO group should be elevated above the individual.... only with individual rights can we live in liberty.

He wasn't demanding id. The woman behind him does not appear intimidated.

You cannot convict someone of voter intimidation if no one is being intimidated.

You cannot convict someone of voter intimidation if no one is being intimidated.
So, the reactions of ONE woman means NO ONE is intimidated? Who called the police, then? :lol:
Probably the Republican operative.
:lol: You really have come down squarely on the wrong side of this.

Dave that's because everything is black and white for you. There's only one way, your way or the highway.

Bartle Bull, a 2008 poll watcher and a longtime civil rights activist and former aide to Sen. Robert F. Kennedy's 1968 presidential campaign stated in a sworn statement dated April 7 that he was serving in November as a credentialed poll watcher in Philadelphia when he saw the three uniformed Panthers confront and intimidate voters with a nightstick.

"In my opinion, the men created an intimidating presence at the entrance to a poll,"..."In all my experience in politics, in civil rights litigation and in my efforts in the 1960s to secure the right to vote in Mississippi ... I have never encountered or heard of another instance in the United States where armed and uniformed men blocked the entrance to a polling location."

EXCLUSIVE: Career lawyers overruled on voting case - Washington Times

And she looks completely untrheatened too, just like the "reporters" who are talking to him.

He did not threaten anyone no matter how much you wish the tape showed that.

Truth... I think the rest of us are going to go out now and find all your comments about people at Tea Party rallies being racist, violent and hateful.

Interesting that you think someone protesting against the taking of freedoms as racist and dangerous but not these guys.

Could it be that you are a racist political, hypocritical hack? Surely not.

Bartle Bull, a 2008 poll watcher and a longtime civil rights activist and former aide to Sen. Robert F. Kennedy's 1968 presidential campaign stated in a sworn statement dated April 7 that he was serving in November as a credentialed poll watcher in Philadelphia when he saw the three uniformed Panthers confront and intimidate voters with a nightstick.

"In my opinion, the men created an intimidating presence at the entrance to a poll,"..."In all my experience in politics, in civil rights litigation and in my efforts in the 1960s to secure the right to vote in Mississippi ... I have never encountered or heard of another instance in the United States where armed and uniformed men blocked the entrance to a polling location."

EXCLUSIVE: Career lawyers overruled on voting case - Washington Times

Seems like some facts are being left out.

Bartle Bull was a McCain "poll watcher" for one.

In his own words: "Well, I had been serving in New York State, my second Republican candidate, as Chairman of Democrats for McCain in New York State. I knew we were going to lose New York. I thought perhaps I could help in Philadelphia. So, I took the train down there at 5:00 in the morning, and spent a day there, troubleshooting on Election Day for the McCain Campaign."

Bartle Bull also strongly dislikes Obama (if his words are true) and that, in addition to some lack of corroberation, makes his statement suspect (for example, only one of the men carried a night stick).

I think this statement sums it up:

But no civil rights issue is getting as much media traction as the Panther story. Even though there is no evidence of the New Black Panther Party repeating this stunt at other polling locations, it has kept the attention of conservative media and of Republicans such as Rep. Frank Wolf (R-Va.), who has kept up demands for more information even after a meeting with the Justice Department lawyers who made the case. The story has gotten even more extreme in the re-tellings; On an August 24 episode of Glenn Beck’s Fox News show, erstwhile Democratic pollster Pat Caddell accused the attorney general of “decid[ing] that Black Panthers … who carry guns into precincts should not be prosecuted.”​

It's being spun into outright lies with the endless background refrain of racism racism - Obama is a scary black extremist.

Dave that's because everything is black and white for you. There's only one way, your way or the highway.

I suppose I'm just not nuanced enough to see that a black man in paramilitary gear brandishing a weapon at a polling place is harmless, and a white man in paramilitary gear brandishing a weapon at a polling place is wrong.

I just can't hold two mutually-exclusive ideas in my head simultaneously and believe both of them. How do you do it?

The point as I see it is that it doesn't matter whether the NBP guys intentions were good; it doesn't matter what color they were or what organization they represented; it doesn't matter who reported it or who supports who or what sort of 'operative' anybody is. It doesn't matter whether it is black or white voters who are 'intimidated'.

Two menacing looking guys in paramilitary uniforms thumping a billy club into the palm of their hands, glaring sternly and making remarks at people, will be intimidating in any setting.

I don't think anybody can be intellectually honest and defend that as appropriate or legal in front of any American polling place/

Cowardly little men like you people are frightened by the Negro. You are only "brave" when you have a gun or have a half-dozen other people to back you up. You'll never change.

Forgive me for being naïve, but isn't the poll watcher's JOB to WATCH for this kind of shenanigans? Maybe we should just get rid of them. If they are Republican of course.

I went out to dinner with a group of educated, accomplished women last night. They barely knew anything about this. Sad isn't it?

Forgive me for being naïve, but isn't the poll watcher's JOB to WATCH for this kind of shenanigans? Maybe we should just get rid of them. If they are Republican of course.

I went out to dinner with a group of educated, accomplished women last night. They barely knew anything about this. Sad isn't it?
No...it's just a bunch of internet stupidity.

Maybe because it really isn't that big a deal like it's been blown up to be in the opinion-media?

No...it's just a bunch of internet stupidity.

:lol: @ Ravi the left wing talking point machine :lol:

Maybe because it really isn't that big a deal like it's been blown up to be in the opinion-media?

I know right coyote....who cares if people intimidate others at polling stations, its not like it threatens a legitimate democracy or anything :eusa_eh:

Now Mel Gibson on the other hand........

Forum List

Back