New deal with Cuba

Sorry, losers. A prisoner swap by an American president is not new. Be very careful that yardstick you are fashioning isn't going to be used to spank your hypocritical ass.

I have more bad news. Opening talks with another country is not unconstitutional. In fact, the Constitution quite plainly assigns foreign policy to the President. Foreign policy is one of the chief duties of the President.

Can you be more stupid by not knowing that?

Once castro is gone I dont have a problem with normalizing relations with Cuba. I'd love to have another tropical vacation spot and the cuban people could use the tourist dollars.
What's the big deal with Castro? We dealt with the Soviets and the Chinese without embargoes. We even have relations with a country that's still Communist and fought a war against, Viet Nam. IMO, the treatment we gave them created an "us vs them" mentality in Cuba, that propped the regime up longer than if we'd normalized relations and allowed our system to slowly undermine theirs.

A Marxist asking what's wrong with Castro, how is anyone supposed to answer that?
Well, you wingers love Pooty-poot, the former KGB goon, what's the big deal about Castro? He's got one foot in the grave anyway and his brother is an old fart too.

Take your hands out of your pants and deal with reality. No one is infatuated with Putin, you are infatuated with Democratic politicians and just mindlessly repeat whatever they tell you.
You can dish out but you can't take it, can you? Call people Marxists when they aren't, then cry that you're being treated unfairly. You're a joke. No one is infatuated with Putin?!?! Anyone that's been on the board for more than a day, knows that's false. :laugh2:

Seems to be the other way around, when I pointed out you're the one infatuated with politicians you started whining.

Look, man, no one is infatuated with Putin. You are full of shit. And you're parroting people who are full of shit. Saying that Obama has been getting boned by Putin across the world is a fact. Saying Hitler overran Poland doesn't mean you love Hitler. The whole thing is just stupid.

Once castro is gone I dont have a problem with normalizing relations with Cuba. I'd love to have another tropical vacation spot and the cuban people could use the tourist dollars.
What's the big deal with Castro? We dealt with the Soviets and the Chinese without embargoes. We even have relations with a country that's still Communist and fought a war against, Viet Nam. IMO, the treatment we gave them created an "us vs them" mentality in Cuba, that propped the regime up longer than if we'd normalized relations and allowed our system to slowly undermine theirs.

A Marxist asking what's wrong with Castro, how is anyone supposed to answer that?
Well, you wingers love Pooty-poot, the former KGB goon, what's the big deal about Castro? He's got one foot in the grave anyway and his brother is an old fart too.

Another eight year old heard from, thanks for that insight, boozer.

Sorry, losers. A prisoner swap by an American president is not new. Be very careful that yardstick you are fashioning isn't going to be used to spank your hypocritical ass.

I have more bad news. Opening talks with another country is not unconstitutional. In fact, the Constitution quite plainly assigns foreign policy to the President. Foreign policy is one of the chief duties of the President.

Can you be more stupid by not knowing that?
and the senate already approved loopholes to the trade embargo.

But, it's really too late. The Canadians have already turned the amateur hookers into pros, and they don't sell beer at baseball games. Mexico's a lot cheaper.

No, it's not. That's just your way of saying you can't back it up, so you're running away.
You're just being purposely obtuse, THAT was what I meant. Sorry, you'll have to turn in your crystal ball. Your mind reading skills are bogus.
What does that mean?
I'm hardly surprised you don't get it. You live in a right wing echo chamber, apparently.

Yes, very clever of those right wingers to make me a libertarian. One would think they programmed me to agree with them. Apparently they are smarter than you. Small hurdle.

The Putin thing is stupid, this is all you have. You are making that clear.

If you oppress, spy on, incarcerate , torture, impoverish and abuse human rights the dupe in the White House will reward you...
HISTORIC. !!!

When you vote for a guy for President, you should have in mind that he will be responsible for foreign policy, appointing federal judges, handing out pardons, making treaties, appointing ambassadors, golfing, choosing a masculine dog, and taking vacations.

There is a huge protest growing in Miami among the Cubans right now.
They should learn how to spell in English.

And it isn't "huge" by any stretch of the imagination.

2gvjupl.jpg

Whether you like it or not, most Americans favor normalized relations between the US and Cuba.
There is absolutely no sane reason not to have relations with Cuba.
Poll: Americans favor normal relations with Cuba
WASHINGTON — Most Americans favor normalizing relations with Cuba, where U.S. trade has been banned for more than 50 years, according to a nonpartisan poll released Tuesday.
The poll, commissioned by the Atlantic Council, found that 56% of respondents favor changing U.S. policy toward Cuba. That number increases to 63% among adults living in Florida, home to the country's largest Cuban-American population, and 62% among Latinos, according to the poll.
"This survey shows that the majority of Americans on both sides of the aisle are ready for a policy shift," Peter Schechter and Jason Marczak of the Atlantic Council's Adrienne Arsht Latin American Center wrote in a foreword to the survey. "Most surprisingly, Floridians are even more supportive than an already supportive nation to incrementally or fully change.
Poll Americans favor normal relations with Cuba

Always glad to help a 6 year old, even if he's a derp. You haven't explained your side. What is to be gained by continuing this 50+ year embargo on Cuba? What will be the excuse when Castro is dead and gone? Why is it OK for the US to have normal diplomatic and trade relations with the likes of Vietnam and China, where we have a lot more grievances with war dead, but we must at all costs maintain an embargo on our tiny, pissant neighbor?

Whether you like it or not, most Americans favor normalized relations between the US and Cuba.
There is absolutely no sane reason not to have relations with Cuba.
Poll: Americans favor normal relations with Cuba
WASHINGTON — Most Americans favor normalizing relations with Cuba, where U.S. trade has been banned for more than 50 years, according to a nonpartisan poll released Tuesday.
The poll, commissioned by the Atlantic Council, found that 56% of respondents favor changing U.S. policy toward Cuba. That number increases to 63% among adults living in Florida, home to the country's largest Cuban-American population, and 62% among Latinos, according to the poll.
"This survey shows that the majority of Americans on both sides of the aisle are ready for a policy shift," Peter Schechter and Jason Marczak of the Atlantic Council's Adrienne Arsht Latin American Center wrote in a foreword to the survey. "Most surprisingly, Floridians are even more supportive than an already supportive nation to incrementally or fully change.
Poll Americans favor normal relations with Cuba

You mean because Cubans are primarily Republicans....

As opposed to the Vietnamese that killed 50,000 Americans? I guess that was just alright with you!
Not like the Vietnamese crossed the Pacific to kill them.

Always glad to help a 6 year old, even if he's a derp.
LOL, nothing can say clearer that you have nothing than to repeat my own line back to me.

You haven't explained your side. What is to be gained by continuing this 50+ year embargo on Cuba? What will be the excuse when Castro is dead and gone? Why is it OK for the US to have normal diplomatic and trade relations with the likes of Vietnam and China, where we have a lot more grievances with war dead, but we must at all costs maintain an embargo on our tiny, pissant neighbor?

Since you put it so nice, I'll answer your question. I have to answer two ways. The first is the broad solution, the second is the narrow one.

1) As a libertarian, I don't think it's for the government to regulate what people or companies do outside the US. I don't think we should have such a thing as embargoes unless we are in a declared war.

2) Given our current system, on the narrow case of Cuba, I would not remove the embargo unless we go to a broader libertarian system. I still oppose most embargoes even if we don't change the system. However, we as a country so badly screwed the Cuban people multiple times. First we took them in our only war of true aggression, the Spanish American war. We let them be ruled by a dictator, then we let him fall for a Marx who was worse. Then Kennedy murdered their freedom fighters in the Bay of Pigs by leading them to believe they had air cover then not providing it. That then scared Castro into allowing the Russians in full throttle and taking us to the brink of nuclear war. So at this point I view it as a matter for the Cuban people, and the best representative of the voice of the Cuban people are the free Cubans in Miami who want the embargo to remain.

Forum List

Back