New gun bill introduced

I still think we should require a background check for all voters.
Since you are required to be a citizen to vote it makes sense to run a check to make sure you are not a felon or crazy. If you can vote then you can have a gun because you have been through a background check. That voter's registration card would also be good for a concealed weapon.

That would make it hard for a resident alien to get a gun but it is unlikely that the alien could own a gun in his own country anyway so it is no big deal.

Safe Communities, Safe Schools Act of 2013 (S. 649) - GovTrack.us

S. 649: Safe Communities, Safe Schools Act of 2013

It doesn't have anything to do with safety but control.
And in this bill what do we find but that back ground check.
Page: S2149
Mr. WYDEN. Mr. President, I rise today to discuss the critical need in today's...
Mr. LEAHY. Mr. President, today I am pleased to reintroduce the Refugee...
Page: S2150
S. 645
Page: S2151
Page: S2152
Page: S2153
Page: S2154
Page: S2155
Page: S2156
Page: S2157
Page: S2158
S. 649
TITLE I--FIX GUN CHECKS ACT
Subtitle A--Ensuring That All Individuals Who Should Be Prohibited From Buying...
Subtitle B--Requiring a Background Check for Every Firearm Sale
TITLE II--STOP ILLEGAL TRAFFICKING IN FIREARMS ACT
TITLE III--SCHOOL AND CAMPUS SAFETY ENHANCEMENTS ACT
TITLE I--FIX GUN CHECKS ACT
Subtitle A--Ensuring That All Individuals Who Should Be Prohibited From Buying...
Page: S2159
Subtitle B--Requiring a Background Check for Every Firearm Sale
TITLE II--STOP ILLEGAL TRAFFICKING IN FIREARMS ACT
Page: S2160
Page: S2161
TITLE III--SCHOOL AND CAMPUS SAFETY ENHANCEMENTS ACT
Page: S2162
Mr. SCHATZ. Mr. President, I ask unanimous consent that the text of the joint...
S.J. Res. 12

Congressional Record - 113th Congress (2013-2014) - THOMAS (Library of Congress)

And . . . you have no point is the point. What is your issue? Background checks? Americans overwhelmingly support that, do they not?

You don't get the point:
If it restricts a right it is unconstitutional.
Nobody can have the power to restrict a right that was granted by the function of birth.

You don't get the point:
If it restricts a right it is unconstitutional.
Nobody can have the power to restrict a right that was granted by the function of birth.

We already have background checks anything else will be intrusive.

Americans support universal background checks, which are not unconstitutional.

Yes, SCOTUS because of Heller has the recognized right to regulate ownership and ban unusual and dangerous weapons.

The constitution does not grant the supreme court any power to decide what is constitutional.
Why would the founding fathers give a branch of the federal government the power to choose what is constitutional?
The states and people have that power - according to the tenth amendment.
No one has the power to change our rights - also according to the tenth amendment and each right enumerated.

Safe Communities, Safe Schools Act of 2013 (S. 649) - GovTrack.us

S. 649: Safe Communities, Safe Schools Act of 2013

It doesn't have anything to do with safety but control.

Every lib bill usually has a name that is the opposite of what it does.

Like "The Affordable Health Care Act".

And a majority of Americans opposed obamacare

MEDIA REPORTS SAY A MAJORITY OF Americans WANT SOMETHING WE ALREADY HAVE AS LAW. I doubt it because too many Americans are aqpplying for purchase permits and more Americans are seeking carry conceal permitys.

Criminals celebrate when congress passes gun control laws.
It always makes it easier for the criminals.

We should change the HIPAA Law so that the mentally ill can be put into the background checks.

It is already a law that anyone involuntarily committed is put on the background check list. Those are the only people who are adjudicated "mentally restricted to own guns".

Forum List

Back