New Mexico Gov Thinks Climate Emergency Erases Citizen's Rights

This statement is exactly what we've been warning everyone about......Democrats using fake emergencies to take away our rights.

Screw that bitch. God-given Constitutional rights are not absolute? Wasn't the whole point to the Constitution to say that these were inalienable rights not grant by the State therefore cannot be taken away by the State? How 'bout getting this dumb bitch a constitutional law expert to advise her before she decides law based on her Community College Associate Degree.

If you can take away a right for a day, you can take it away forever. In fact, if you can take it away at all, then it isn't a right anymore, it becomes merely privilege.

Screw that bitch. God-given Constitutional rights are not absolute? Wasn't the whole point to the Constitution to say that these were inalienable rights not grant by the State therefore cannot be taken away by the State? How 'bout getting this dumb bitch a constitutional law expert to advise her before she decides law based on her Community College Associate Degree.

If you can take away a right for a day, you can take it away forever. In fact, if you can take it away at all, then it isn't a right anymore, it becomes merely privilege.
The Democrats are willing to try anything.
Who's going to stop them?

I had to look that story up when I saw it run across the ticker tape on Newsmax. Apparently the Democrat Governor of New Mexico is banning all open and concealed carrying of a weapon in Albuquerque for 30 days, because there have been several shootings.

I don't know the particulars of the shootings, but you can pretty much guess that none of them involved law-abiding people who carry firearms. I think what she's trying to do is unconstitutional.

New Mexico governor issues order suspending the right to carry firearms in public across Albuquerque

I had to look that story up when I saw it run across the ticker tape on Newsmax. Apparently the Democrat Governor of New Mexico is banning all open and concealed carrying of a weapon in Albuquerque for 30 days, because there have been several shootings.

I don't know the particulars of the shootings, but you can pretty much guess that none of them involved law-abiding people who carry firearms. I think what she's trying to do is unconstitutional.

New Mexico governor issues order suspending the right to carry firearms in public across Albuquerque
They were road rage related

They were road rage related

I've carried every day now for 12 years and haven't had the urge to shoot anyone in the face for pissing me off with their bad driving. Constitutional carry is ok, but it also allows people who shouldn't carry guns to do so.

I'm not defending her, but I do live in a state where you at least have to pass a background check, take some training, pay a fee, and obtain a permit.

Constitutional carry is ok, but it also allows people who shouldn't carry guns to do so.

I'm not defending her, but I do live in a state where you at least have to pass a background check, take some training, pay a fee, and obtain a permit.

Why would you think that people who "shouldn't" carry guns care about laws, fees, and permits?

I've carried every day now for 12 years and haven't had the urge to shoot anyone in the face for pissing me off with their bad driving. Constitutional carry is ok, but it also allows people who shouldn't carry guns to do so.

Just to own a gun?

I can understand this if it's to conceal carry, but not just to own a gun.
Hell, in CA you have to have somebody who has a permit to vouch for you. And they'll come after them if you shoot anyone.

Now they want to hold gun dealers liable for anyone who shoots someone. The way things are going, the criminals can shoot someone and be on the street within a hours....but someone breaks into your home and you shoot them, you end up going to jail to stand trial.

Why would you think that people who "shouldn't" carry guns care about laws, fees, and permits?

That's what I'm saying. People who do care about laws, fees, and permits rarely if ever commit crimes with their weapons. They carry weapons to protect themselves and their family members from those people who carry weapons but don't cares about laws, fees, and permits.

And when anyone can carry a weapon without laws, fees, and permits, there no way to discern the difference between who should and who shouldn't have a weapon. And all it takes is a couple of irresponsible bad folks before it comes to a point where nobody gets to carry a weapon. And when it gets to the point to where nobody can carry a weapon, only the criminals will have them.

Constitutional carry will only work if you make the assumption that everyone is a law-abiding citizen. Constitutional carry will also fail if those who do break the laws are not punished, which seems to be the prevailing occurrence these days. But punishing everyone for the crimes committed by few lawbreakers like this Governor is doing, is just plain stupid.

Just to own a gun?

I can understand this if it's to conceal carry, but not just to own a gun.
Hell, in CA you have to have somebody who has a permit to vouch for you. And they'll come after them if you shoot anyone.

Now they want to hold gun dealers liable for anyone who shoots someone. The way things are going, the criminals can shoot someone and be on the street within a hours....but someone breaks into your home and you shoot them, you end up going to jail to stand trial.

No, not to own a gun, everyone has a right to do that, unless they're a prohibited person. We also allow open carry in this state too. But I think it's a bad idea to let anyone and everyone carry a concealed weapon.

And when anyone can carry a weapon without laws, fees, and permits, there no way to discern the difference between who should and who shouldn't have a weapon.

The ones who shouldn't be able to carry weapons usually single themselves out when they commit a crime.

Criminals aren't going to stop carrying because of laws, and they are surely not going to start paying fees for the permits to carry.

The ones who shouldn't be able to carry weapons usually single themselves out when they commit a crime.

Criminals aren't going to stop carrying because of laws, and they are surely not going to start paying fees for the permits to carry.

No, criminals aren't going to stop carrying because of laws. But now because of irresponsible laws, stupid criminals, and a stupid Governor, nobody gets to carry a gun except the criminals. Like I said, I don't know the details of the crimes that caused this Governor to overstep her boundary, but I am assuming that the shooters could have been prohibited from even purchasing a firearm in the first place, seeing as how they decided to criminally shoot someone.

No, not to own a gun, everyone has a right to do that, unless they're a prohibited person. We also allow open carry in this state too. But I think it's a bad idea to let anyone and everyone carry a concealed weapon.
Sure.....I think if you don't know how to safely own and fire a gun, you shouldn't have one.

There are guys that have owned guns for decades and still don't know how to shoot.

I also think that criminals should never have guns.

But what the left is doing is trying to disarm us so we can't protect ourselves from the government when they start abusing their authority.

but I am assuming that the shooters could have been prohibited from even purchasing a firearm in the first place, seeing as how they decided to criminally shoot someone.

Carry laws do not override all other gun laws.

People who shouldn't carry guns aren't purchasing their weapons at the local gun shop.

Sure.....I think if you don't know how to safely own and fire a gun, you shouldn't have one.

There are guys that have owned guns for decades and still don't know how to shoot.

I also think that criminals should never have guns.

But what the left is doing is trying to disarm us so we can't protect ourselves from the government when they start abusing their authority.

Of course they're trying to disarm everyone. But people who would just fire several rounds into a vehicle because they were cut off in traffic, should never be able to possess a weapon.

Of course they're trying to disarm everyone. But people who would just fire several rounds into a vehicle because they were cut off in traffic, should never be able to possess a weapon.
True.....course....I think that the media is causing people to become really rude to each other.
All of our media is trying to turn us into jerks.
That's one reason why I liked Japan.
Almost everyone was polite and respected authority and respected their elders.

I used to live in CA. People drove like assholes there.
Here in TN everyone is polite.
I've only seen a few examples of extremely rude people here.

Forum List

Back