🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

New NBC Poll shows Christie has problems within the GOP

Christie would be the GOP's best shot against Hillary, but even if he made it through the nomination process, he'd be so beat to shit (by his own party) that she'd walk right over him.

The GOP really needs to decide what it is.

It already decided what it is.

It is the political arm of big corporations and plutocrats.

The only question is, when will stupid, working class white people wake up to this fact.

Stupid, working class white people like yourself, you mean?

Christie would be the GOP's best shot against Hillary, but even if he made it through the nomination process, he'd be so beat to shit (by his own party) that she'd walk right over him.

The GOP really needs to decide what it is.

It already decided what it is.

It is the political arm of big corporations and plutocrats.

The only question is, when will stupid, working class white people wake up to this fact.

Stupid, working class white people like yourself, you mean?

Well, no, since I figured it out... not so much.

But here was the real problem. I used to believe in all that "fighting for family values" shit.

Until I figured out they were all phonies and hypocrites and playing us for rubes.

I am being paid directly for services rendered. I perform those services in good faith and give them my best effort, and they pretty much still find ways to cheat me at every oppurtunity.

Have you ever told your boss you won't do business with Mormons?

Until we become more like a European Social Democracy, it is what it is.

Unfortunately, we have too many bible thumpers like OODA who think it's just fine to let them crap on you.

They love big corporations in France and Sweden. They call them "National Champions" in France, and the Swedes see large corporations as positive to trade the goods of a small, free trading nation.

The problem I'm having in handicapping the field in 2013 is this; if not Christie; who?

Who can get to 1,205? The only other viable "of course' candidate I see in 2013 is Jeb Bush.

Bush:

Good in all time zones; Check
Name Recognition; Check
Gravitas--heavy weight credentials; Check
Cross-cultural appeal; Check
Wants the job;....TBD

I listened to a recent podcast of Chris Matthews. He thinks Rand Paul is going to be the candidate. But that was before the elections. And it is Chris Matthews.

But Paul has been polling pretty well.

I am being paid directly for services rendered. I perform those services in good faith and give them my best effort, and they pretty much still find ways to cheat me at every oppurtunity.

[.

Uh, guy we don't have Mormons here in Illinois. Not since we did the world a favor and shot Joseph Smith like the diseased dog he was.

And why does that bother you so much that I won't do personal business with a Mormon?

[.

Uh, guy we don't have Mormons here in Illinois. Not since we did the world a favor and shot Joseph Smith like the diseased dog he was.

And why does that bother you so much that I won't do personal business with a Mormon?

Of course you've got Mormons in Illinois.

But that's not the point, is it?

You should walk into your boss's office tomorrow and tell him point blank that you refuse to do business with Mormons for any reason.

See what happens.

[.

Of course you've got Mormons in Illinois.

But that's not the point, is it?

You should walk into your boss's office tomorrow and tell him point blank that you refuse to do business with Mormons for any reason.

See what happens.

No, man. If I found out I had a vendor who was a Mormon, I'd find a way to fire him.

And it would totally stick.

You see, I've saved this company over half a million dollars in the last five years by finding better ways to buy things, so it isn't an issue of how I get the bacon to the table, they just know I bring it.

Until they move the last of our jobs to China, anyway.

But again, not seeing why it bothers you so much that I won't do business with members of a disreputable cult of really stupid people. I mean, crap. I'd feel justified. You know they are really too dumb to get the job done right and they'd probably try to cheat me.

No, man. If I found out I had a vendor who was a Mormon, I'd find a way to fire him.

So you like to fire people, then?

Does your boss know that you refuse to do business with Mormons?

I'm sure he'd like to know that.

Actually, I'm sure he could care less... as long as the parts are on the line on time and we are under budget.

Actually, I'm sure he could care less... as long as the parts are on the line on time and we are under budget.

How do you know? You should tell him, just to make sure.

If one of my employees was not doing business with a group of people for religious or political beliefs, I'd like to know.

If one of my employees was not doing business with a group of people for religious or political beliefs, I'd like to know.

Why would you care?

Honestly, here's the metrics I judge myself by.

I've reduced spend in my areas by half a million dollars in the last five years.
On time delivery has increased to 99%, and line downs due to my parts are non-existant.
Quality on my parts is over 90% or better.

"Oh, but you don't like a cult that has almost no members in our state!"

Yeah, somehow, I don't think he'd get that worked up about it.

Hell, they were in a panic a few months ago because I wore a suit to work and they thought I was out interviewing with someone else.

Why would you care?

I've reduced spend in my areas by half a million dollars in the last five years.
On time delivery has increased to 99%, and line downs due to my parts are non-existant.

Hell, they were in a panic a few months ago because I wore a suit to work and they thought I was out interviewing with someone else.

Joe is a corporate whore.

Why would you care?

No, just very good at what I do.

Why would you care?

And your corporate overlords toss you scraps from the bounty of their table. Fool.

And your corporate overlords toss you scraps from the bounty of their table. Fool.

No, they cheat me at every oppurtunity, and sadly, we are in an economy where they can get away with it.

Here's the thing. I really like the people I work with. I even like my boss, even though I don't always agree with him. And he's a damn site better than the lying douchebag at the last job who pretended to be my friend.

I get about one offer a month for something that pays better. In fact, I elected to take a second job rather than seek a higher paying one to make up budget shortfalls.

Probably will have to pull that trigger eventually. Just not ready to do it now.

And while Election Day 2016 is still more than 1,000 days away, the survey shows Clinton benefiting from the same demographic trends that helped propel President Barack Obama to win the election in 2008 and re-election in 2012.

Clinton leads Christie among African Americans (83 percent to 4 percent), respondents ages 18 to 29 (45 percent to 31 percent) and Latinos (44 percent to 33 percent).

Christie and other republicans are clearly deep in a demographic hole.

NBC poll: Christie faces divided GOP, trails Clinton in hypothetical '16 race - First Read

There’s also a striking geographical divide: A majority of Northeast Republicans (57 percent to 22 percent) say they would support Christie in a GOP primary.

But pluralities of Republicans in other parts of the country prefer another GOP candidate – in the Midwest (by 35 percent to 30 percent), the South (29 percent to 27 percent) and the West (40 percent to 22 percent).

On Monday, The New York Times highlighted this Republican split over Christie, especially after establishment Republicans have cheered his possible 2016 candidacy.

But the split within the GOP goes much deeper than just Christie. It is TP against the Establishment. It is Ultra-Conservative against the Moderates. It is Karl Rove against....well, whatever loon the Baggers try to push through the Primaries. COOL!

Christie has two years to woo the far right without compromising the center, and in the end he will succeed. And those who are foolish enough to keep opposing him will be on the outside looking in, a position all politicians abhor.

Forum List

Back