New Obama Book: "Drones Make Me Real Good at Killing People."

I love drones

Better than trying to put boots on the ground or send a manned fighter jet

Makes life miserable for terrorists also....no place to hide

Makes life miserable for terrorists and... innocent children. The amount of kids that have been killed in drone strikes is sickening.

Given this fact, I don't think it's appropriate in the least for President Obama to say that he's "really good at killing people" when discussing drones.

[MENTION=35995]KevinWestern[/MENTION]

How many? Exactly.

I love drones

Better than trying to put boots on the ground or send a manned fighter jet

Makes life miserable for terrorists also....no place to hide

Makes life miserable for terrorists and... innocent children. The amount of kids that have been killed in drone strikes is sickening.

Given this fact, I don't think it's appropriate in the least for President Obama to say that he's "really good at killing people" when discussing drones.

So do bombing runs and a platoon trying to roust a terrorist out of a fortified compound

As to your "really good at killing people quote, I would have to see the full context of the quote as well as the circumstances. We have been burned too often by rightwing selective quotes

This was leaked by one of his own aids. So clearly you have more tolerance for his killing than his own inner circle has.

I think this is most refreshing. His own people are seeing him for what he is and it's about time.

From the liberal rag you love so much.

"The president is always frustrated about leaks," Pfeiffer said on ABC's "This Week." "I haven't talked to him about this book. I haven't read it. He hasn't read it. But he hates leaks."

Obama Told Aides He's 'Really Good At Killing People,' New Book 'Double Down' Claims

I have no doubt he will identify the person who leaked this and give him the Snowden treatment.

This is the exact reason why I don't believe in conspiracy theories. I could. Many of them are very plausible. But there is ALWAYS that one honest person who will out them.

From the Mummy:

Evelyn: You know, nasty little fellows such as yourself always get their comeuppance.

Beni: They do?

I love that line. Nasty little fellows like Obama always bring that quote to mind.

Last edited:
yeah, because those poor terrorists that Obama is killing are such victims...

Al-Awlaki's 16-year-old son, Abdulrahman, who was an American citizen, was killed in a separate drone strike two weeks after his father.

"My grandson was killed by his own government," the teenager's grandfather Nasser al-Awlaki wrote in a New York Times op-ed in July. "The Obama administration must answer for its actions and be held accountable."

Obama, who was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize in 2009, has overseen the expansion of the CIA's targeted killing program, which the Bureau of Investigative Journalism estimates has killed between 2,528 and 3,648 individuals in Pakistan since 2004. That organization also estimates that between 416 and 948 of those killed in drone strikes were civilians -- an estimate disputed by the Obama administration.

Among those civilians, according to Amnesty International, was a Pakistani grandmother killed alongside 18 civilian laborers in a 2012 strike. The grandmother's family came to Washington, D.C., last month to testify before Congress and urge an end to drone warfare.

Obama Told Aides He's 'Really Good At Killing People,' New Book 'Double Down' Claims

Well, you gotta hand it to him. He and his government thugs the TSA are consistent across the board in their hatred of grannies.

How many? Exactly.

Well, here are some numbers for Pakistan/Yemen. With regards to kids alone it's roughly the carnage of the Boston Marathon Bombing multiplied by a factor of sixty six (and that's not including Afghanistan). Can’t find Afghanistan, but if you do please post.

Pakistan

Total strikes: 378
Civilians killed: 416-948
Children killed: 168-200
Injured: 1,125-1,545

Yemen
Total Strikes: 54-64
Civilians killed: 22-59
Children killed: 5

yeah, because those poor terrorists that Obama is killing are such victims...

Few things to say about this, with first that there’s roughly 1-3 innocent civilians killed per drone strike, with just under 1 being a completely innocent child.

Secondly, we’re not fighting a specific country, or army, we’re fighting an idea – “Terrorism”. So you explain to me how killing 1-3 innocent individuals in EVERY single strike is supposed to somehow make the United States less hated?

How would you feel about the US if your kid was blown into four parts by a drone? Would you be more or less likely to want to join a “jihad”?

I have no problem with making the lives of terrorists miserable. Make them live in fear that their lives could end any minute, trust no one, there is no safe place for them, silent death from above

That said, it must be understood that certain protocols are in effect. That the terrorist is identified to a high degree of certainty, that he is a high risk target that must be taken out, that he can be isolated from the general population as much as possible

Last edited:
So do you support airstrikes on terrorist and missiles from destroyers? These forms of killing terrorist are done from a further distance.

I support getting the heck out of there because we're doing more harm than good.

I think I asked this, but if Ron Paul wants to drastically scale back on US military conquests in the Middle East, and his largest group of supporters is the Military, what does that tell you?

How many? Exactly.

Well, here are some numbers for Pakistan/Yemen. With regards to kids alone it's roughly the carnage of the Boston Marathon Bombing multiplied by a factor of sixty six (and that's not including Afghanistan). Can’t find Afghanistan, but if you do please post.

Pakistan

Total strikes: 378
Civilians killed: 416-948
Children killed: 168-200
Injured: 1,125-1,545

Yemen
Total Strikes: 54-64
Civilians killed: 22-59
Children killed: 5

Thank. I will.

See, the thing about this that is troubling is not the numbers per se. Nor is it the fact that he has had to order people killed. The thing that is troublesome to me is that he makes light of it. I worked with veterans for years. I never saw a one who took lightly what they had to do in combat. They are haunted their entire lives about their having killed people, even if they were drafted and didn't have a choice. They have a solemn, aching reverence for the lives they took, even the lives of combatants. Where do we see that in this off the cuff comment from Obama? We don't.

If he is going to kill people, the least he could do is grieve over it.

Last edited:
Terrorist supporters.

That is all you're. In away you're kind of like the Taliban as you hate everything civilization stands for...

You have no problem with your stupid fucking wars when you put half a million troops on the ground for 10 years.

Your hands are so bloodied that it is unimaginable. Ron paul is a fucking kook that would invite Al Qaeda into the white house.

Terrorist supporters.

That is all you're. In away you're kind of like the Taliban as you hate everything civilization stands for...

You have no problem with your stupid fucking wars when you put half a million troops on the ground for 10 years.

Your hands are so bloodied that it is unimaginable. Ron paul is a fucking kook that would invite Al Qaeda into the white house.

You need to lay off the cannabis for a day or two. You make about as much sense as she who shall not be named.

You fucking pieces of trash couldn't help but cheer when shock and awe was blowing up entire city blocks. Oh noo as you understood that war kills people was what you said...I certainly agreed.

You didn't bitch when airplanes were blowing up buildings, families and children for the past 10 fucking years.
You didn't bitch when destroyers off the coast fired missiles into towns.
You didn't bitch when our troops were sent into these places by the tens of thousands. KILLING men, woman and children. What the fuck else does war do?

Now you bitch that Obama kills terrorist with some innocents getting killed? Save it as you should of bitched a long time ago...

I hate you dishonest republicans guts.

Last edited:
Drone strikes under Bush = Bad
Drone strikes under Obama = Good

Indefinite detention under Bush = Bad
Indefinite detention under Obama = Good

Can you see why it is hard to take any far left person seriously on such subjects.

Drone strikes under Bush = Bad
Drone strikes under Obama = Good

Indefinite detention under Bush = Bad
Indefinite detention under Obama = Good

Can you see why it is hard to take any far left person seriously on such subjects.

IT was never bad under bush, moron.

So because Obama is fighting the war on terror = he is unacceptable to you?

I am a moderate that doesn't care who fights these fucking terrorist.

Terrorist supporters.

Ahh we're "terrorist supporters" because we don't support reckless drone strikes that kill an average of 1-3 innocent people per strike? Because I'm not a fan of killing little kids in Pakistan I "hate everything civilization stands for"?

When did I ever say I supported the Iraq War? I've said like a million times I consider Obama on par with Bush and that the Iraq War was a disgusting folly.

This is the third time I've asked the question and I'd like your shot at an answer; if Ron Paul is a kook who would like to invite "Al Qaeda into the White House", than why is his largest group of supporters active military? Are you saying our troops are idiots/kooks too? Explain Mathew, please because that's rather offensive...

Last edited:
Mathew - instead of posting on my wall, just answer the question:

If Ron Paul is a kook when it comes to military policy, why does he have such a large amount of active military supporters?

(simple question)

Wow Mathew - neg rep to me AND you haven't even tried to answer my question yet?

I can understand a neg rep if I'm being rude, etc, but all I did was as you a simple question, and on top of it you haven't had the decency to attempt to answer it!

Again, for the fourth time:
If Ron Paul is a kook when it comes to military policy, then why does he have so many active military supporters?

Mathew - instead of posting on my wall, just answer the question:

If Ron Paul is a kook when it comes to military policy, why does he have such a large amount of active military supporters?

(simple question)

Still only won a small percentage within the election. Al Qaeda and the Taliban will never give up there mission of destroying civilization...Hiding under the bed will only spread such further throughout the middle east, Europe and then into America.

I believe a lot of people within the military just don't have the fight within them to stand up for civilization within other lands that aren't theirs. Humanity has a long history of withdrawing and allowing evil to take hold for this very reason...Hitler, Stalin, north Vietnam, etc. This is bad as al Qaeda within nations like Syria believe in enslaving and controlling large parts of the population through violence just like the north communist of Vietnam did 40-50 years ago. We live on a planet of extremes that must be kept in check as such can get out of hand and become a worse problem further down the line.

The problem comes with the fact that these terrorist aren't going to stop with them. This is the difference. They attack Kenya, India, Russia, America, Iraq, Syria, etc...What do you want us to do? Go under the bed and hide.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back