🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

New Orleans Mayor: No Time to Evacuate City!?????

Which they do have. They just dont have time to implement it in under 36 hours, because people will be stuck on the road when the hurricane hits. They were caught offguard with little time, when the forecast changed in a couple hours.
They've know about the storm for a long time, FF...it got upgraded on Friday and is due to hit on Sunday. That's 48 hours. Plenty of time to evacuate if you're prepared to do so. This comes down to one thing and that's an inept implementation of policy by those in control. You strongly suggest people leave earlier. Then you're ready to move large numbers if the storm worsens as it gets closer. They obviously weren't ready to do that.

They've know about the storm for a long time, FF...it got upgraded on Friday and is due to hit on Sunday. That's 48 hours.
No. It was upgraded late Friday and is forecast to bring rain bands and storm surge sunday morning. More like 36 hours, actually. Less, when you consider those managing the evacuation will have to take shelter before the edge of the storm makes landfall.

The forecast changed immensely in the span of a couple hours. What they are saying is that they cannot ORDER mandatory evacuation, because everyone will still be caught on the road sunday morning. So they recommend evacuation and will manage the traffic as they can, up until tonight, when the first responders all must also take shelter.

Last edited:
Been over a week they would be hit by Ida, days ago it was forecasted it would be a Cat 4.
And no time to reverse roads out of the city 30 hours before landfall????

Democrat leadership on display.

A lot of people in the lower wards have no personal transportation, and nowhere to go if they have public transit. It's not just a matter of getting out of the city, it's to where, with what, and how to get there. People who can't get themselves out of the city under their own resources, require an enormous amount of work to relocate. Often they have medical needs and limitations making leaving without supports difficult if not impossible. If my home and my entire family is in NO, and I have no money for a hotel, where do I go? How do I eat?

A mass evacuation requires more than just reversing the roads and telling people to leave.

the left will find a way to blame Trump for the hurricane .... prayers for the people in the storms path .
And don't forget John Kerry. He'll fly around in his private jet and warn everyone about the danger of flying around in private jets.

A lot of people in the lower wards have no personal transportation, and nowhere to go if they have public transit. It's not just a matter of getting out of the city, it's to where, with what, and how to get there. People who can't get themselves out of the city under their own resources, require an enormous amount of work to relocate. Often they have medical needs and limitations making leaving without supports difficult if not impossible. If my home and my entire family is in NO, and I have no money for a hotel, where do I go? How do I eat?

A mass evacuation requires more than just reversing the roads and telling people to leave.
Yeah, those 1200 school busses, 800 city busses and the LA National Guard can’t evacuate even one person.

You Leftards are soooooooooooo stupid.

No. It was upgraded late Friday and is forecast to bring rain bands and storm surge sunday morning. More like 36 hours, actually. Less, when you consider those managing the evacuation will have to take shelter before the edge of the storm makes landfall.

The forecast changed immensely in the span of a couple hours. What they are saying is that they cannot ORDER mandatory evacuation, because everyone will still be caught on the road sunday morning. So they recommend evacuation and will manage the traffic as they can, up until tonight, when the first responders all must also take shelter.
So have they turned all major highways into exit only roadways? Are they using school buses to transport those without vehicles? Or are they throwing up their hands and saying "Oh, sorry...too late for anything like that! Shelter in place, folks!"

So have they turned all major highways into exit only roadways?
I don't know. Doubtful? Again, they don't want 10s or 100s of 1000s of people caught on the roads when the storm hits.
Are they using school buses to transport those without vehicles? Or are they throwing up their hands and saying "Oh, sorry...too late for anything like that! Shelter in place, folks!"
Would you like me to Google this for you? I mean, if you are curious... why ask me? Though the answer is "yes, they are", I think maybe you should learn to obtain publicly available info on your own.

Exactly! It takes an emergency evacuation plan! The mobilization of buses. Letting those that require an enormous amount of work to relocate that THEY need to go early! As for where you go? You go to a shelter.

I don't know. Doubtful? Again, they don't want 10s or 100s of 1000s of people caught on the roads when the storm hits.

Would you like me to Google this for you? I mean, if you are curious... why ask me? Though the answer is "yes, they are", I think maybe you should learn to obtain publicly available info on your own.
If they made exiting the city easy then they wouldn't HAVE people caught on the roads! If they didn't do so then it's on THEM!

If they made exiting the city easy then they wouldn't HAVE people caught on the roads!
It appears likely that you do not know what you are talking about, and the people who do this for a living do. They say they cannot get an entire city's worth of people out of the city and off the roads within 24 hours (an entire coastal region, actually). But you go ahead and email them and tell them they can. Post the response here.

Been over a week they would be hit by Ida, days ago it was forecasted it would be a Cat 4.
And no time to reverse roads out of the city 30 hours before landfall????

Democrat leadership on display.

Where is the leadership? It seems this is a common occurrence in Louisiana.

I don’t see politics so dividing that I’d wish bad or not pray for those in need, no matter their party. That is sad that you would even think that way. Disappointing to say the least.
Good. Louisiana is about to get nutpunched by a hurricane. We need to stand behind them and support them over the next few weeks. The best thing anyone here can do is send some money to the Red Cross, even if it is only $20.

Forum List

Back