New Orleans Mayor PURGING City’s Confederate History Because IT’S OFFENSIVE

Stephanie

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2004
Unbelievable, looks like the lib/dem/blacks are taking after ISIS in this day age. really they should tear down the whole city. and look who the mayor is. These city councils are stepping over their bounds as elected officials of a city. that should be voted on by the people living there. first Portland, now this. shameful

SNIP:
Since the AME Charleston Church shooting, liberals have been going after history that they deem ‘racist.’ The latest instance is New Orleans’ Mayor Mitch Landrieu who is officially removing historical monuments.

The Hayride reports:

The New Orleans City Council voted 6-1 today to remove four historical monuments in the city: Robert E Lee Circle, PGT Beauregard’s City Park statue, the Jefferson Davis monument and the Liberty Place monument.

Mayor Mitch Landrieu first requested the proposal back in June after the AME Charleson Church shooting. At the time, Landrieu said he wanted to hold a “60-day discussion period” so that residents could converse about the four monuments on the chopping block.

Update: Here’s a photo Mayor Mitch Landrieu tweeted out showing him signing the ordinance to officially remove four historical monuments in the city. Councilwoman Stacy Head, the lone ‘no’ vote on removal is the only New Orleans City Council member not standing beside Landrieu.

all of it here:
New Orleans Mayor PURGING City's Confederate History Because IT'S OFFENSIVE - Progressives Today

Unbelievable, looks like the lib/dem/blacks are taking after ISIS in this day age. really they should tear down the whole city. and look who the mayor is. These city councils are stepping over their bounds as elected officials of a city. that should be voted on by the people living there. first Portland, now this. shameful

SNIP:
Since the AME Charleston Church shooting, liberals have been going after history that they deem ‘racist.’ The latest instance is New Orleans’ Mayor Mitch Landrieu who is officially removing historical monuments.

The Hayride reports:

The New Orleans City Council voted 6-1 today to remove four historical monuments in the city: Robert E Lee Circle, PGT Beauregard’s City Park statue, the Jefferson Davis monument and the Liberty Place monument.

Mayor Mitch Landrieu first requested the proposal back in June after the AME Charleson Church shooting. At the time, Landrieu said he wanted to hold a “60-day discussion period” so that residents could converse about the four monuments on the chopping block.

Update: Here’s a photo Mayor Mitch Landrieu tweeted out showing him signing the ordinance to officially remove four historical monuments in the city. Councilwoman Stacy Head, the lone ‘no’ vote on removal is the only New Orleans City Council member not standing beside Landrieu.

all of it here:
New Orleans Mayor PURGING City's Confederate History Because IT'S OFFENSIVE - Progressives Today

Nah. He's just being PC.

The South will always remember its history both good and bad. That's as it should be.

SNIP:

The Hayride reports:

all of it here:

Nah. He's just being PC.

The South will always remember its history both good and bad. That's as it should be.

what gets me is these libs wail over the waste of time and money, on say Repealing ObamaNocare. but think nothing of wasteful stuff like this. this is petty crap from supposed "leaders" of a city in my book. but the people don't speak up so they will continue stomping on them without a second thought

It's all to make the snowflakes on the left feel better...that and stupid. It's part of this nation's history, you cannot simply make it go away

Nice. You don't see any Hitler statues when you're walking around in Germany do you?

Godwin's law fail on the first page.

And to be sure there will be lawsuits. It will take decades to get those Statues down if some groups decide to play hardball.

Since being stationed at Fort Lee, Virginia (named after the Confederate general), I have always wondered why people who were, in effect, traitors, are memorialized as though they were national heroes.

I have no problem with privately-funded museums honoring such people, but as for publicly funded monuments, I just don't see it.

Mayor Landrieu may just be pandering to the "blacks" in the city, but I'm inclined to feel like he's doing the right thing.

Nice. You don't see any Hitler statues when you're walking around in Germany do you?

And to be sure there will be lawsuits. It will take decades to get those Statues down if some groups decide to play hardball.
Nah they'll come down. It's long past time we stopped celebrating those evil bastards.

Nah they'll come down. It's long past time we stopped celebrating those evil bastards.

Whitewashing history doesn't make it go away. and "Evil" is a bit strong, considering slavery was still acceptable in many parts of the world (but waning) at the time, including Africa.

You guys keep defining evil down, and it makes people unable to see real, true evil.

SNIP:

The Hayride reports:

all of it here:

I find them offensive but I have no demands.

-Geaux

Whitewashing history doesn't make it go away. and "Evil" is a bit strong, considering slavery was still acceptable in many parts of the world (but waning) at the time, including Africa.

You guys keep defining evil down, and it makes people unable to see real, true evil.

Yeah I don't think we should be celebrating the likes of Jefferson Davis with statues.

"My own convictions as to negro slavery are strong. It has its evils and abuses...We recognize the negro as God and God's Book and God's Laws, in nature, tell us to recognize him - our inferior, fitted expressly for servitude...You cannot transform the negro into anything one-tenth as useful or as good as what slavery enables them to be."
~ Jefferson Davis

Since being stationed at Fort Lee, Virginia (named after the Confederate general), I have always wondered why people who were, in effect, traitors, are memorialized as though they were national heroes.

I have no problem with privately-funded museums honoring such people, but as for publicly funded monuments, I just don't see it.

Mayor Landrieu may just be pandering to the "blacks" in the city, but I'm inclined to feel like he's doing the right thing.

When it comes to Lee, the US probably owes him more than you think. His plea to his men to put down their arms and stop fighting probably stopped widespread insurgency in the South. If Lee had told his men to scatter and keep fighting, the post war south would have been far bloodier.

Allowing the South to revere its losing heroes was part of the healing process. Was it perfect? Far from it. but it could have been much much worse. That we feel the need to whitewash history shows a weakness in character on our part.

I find it kinda funny.

The civil war has been over for over 150 years and the powers that be in this city are just now deciding that what they have is offensive??

PC at work every day.

Last edited:
Finally----America has needed a good purge for a long time. Can we tear down all the presidential libraries next ?

Yeah I don't think we should be celebrating the likes of Jefferson Davis with statues.

"My own convictions as to negro slavery are strong. It has its evils and abuses...We recognize the negro as God and God's Book and God's Laws, in nature, tell us to recognize him - our inferior, fitted expressly for servitude...You cannot transform the negro into anything one-tenth as useful or as good as what slavery enables them to be."
~ Jefferson Davis

Applying modern morals to past figures is intellectually stupid. I guess they will have to rename Jackson Square as well.

When it comes to Lee, the US probably owes him more than you think. His plea to his men to put down their arms and stop fighting probably stopped widespread insurgency in the South. If Lee had told his men to scatter and keep fighting, the post war south would have been far bloodier.

Allowing the South to revere its losing heroes was part of the healing process. Was it perfect? Far from it. but it could have been much much worse. That we feel the need to whitewash history shows a weakness in character on our part.

Yup and Lee's civil war tactics are still taught at West Point and other military academies.

~ Jefferson Davis

Applying modern morals to past figures is intellectually stupid. I guess they will have to rename Jackson Square as well.
Then I guess you can stop criticizing Mohammed.

Forum List

Back