New poll 62% of American don't like politicians going after businesses for exercising their free speech.

BS you guys are all up at arms about gay people and the trans people which are only a small percentage of people.

That's pretty woke dude.

No, that's the anti-woke. You really suck at words and their meanings, eh?

This is just as bad as the left trying to apply the term snowflake to people on the right.

IMHO, any business that inserts itself into politics has opened itself up to criticism and consequences for their activism, regardless of which side they're on. Nobody is saying Disney or anyone else can't say or do what they want as long as no laws are broken, BUT if you're going to get into politics as a business then there could be consequences.

Give me the definition of woke please.

Woke is being in line with all of the current leftist SJW causes and concerns. So you are for CRT (even though it doesn't exist) for trans indoctrination, for shutting down any speech or ideas you don't like, for ruining the economy for AGW, for tech censorship of things you don't like, and any other intersectionality based position, you are woke.

The term comes from awaken, i.e. the woke have had their eyes opened to what are the correct ways to view things, and the correct ways to handle those who haven't seen the light yet.

Woke is being in line with all of the current leftist SJW causes and concerns. So you are for CRT (even though it doesn't exist) for trans indoctrination, for shutting down any speech or ideas you don't like, for ruining the economy for AGW, for tech censorship of things you don't like, and any other intersectionality based position, you are woke.

The term comes from awaken, i.e. the woke have had their eyes opened to what are the correct ways to view things, and the correct ways to handle those who haven't seen the light yet.
So woke can't be the right wing suddenly triggered by right wing media to care about culture war issues?

...and for shoving their viewpoint down our throats instead of simply stating that you believe in them.

So woke can't be the right wing suddenly triggered by right wing media to care about culture war issues?

The right has always cared about culture war issues, the difference is now they are fighting back effectively.

And you use triggered wrong as well. Triggered implies a response where even seeing the opposing viewpoint is hurtful, and thus someone must be to blame for you being exposed to said viewpoint. It's the whole thing with "trigger warnings", only applied to non SJW views.

People on the right aren't "triggered", they aren't saying the viewpoint they oppose shouldn't even be uttered, they oppose the viewpoint itself.

...and for shoving their viewpoint down our throats instead of simply stating that you believe in them.

And that only their viewpoint is valid, and any other is something to be suppressed.

They prefer suppression to countering because individually they are weak.

The right has always cared about culture war issues, the difference is now they are fighting back effectively.

And you use triggered wrong as well. Triggered implies a response where even seeing the opposing viewpoint is hurtful, and thus someone must be to blame for you being exposed to said viewpoint. It's the whole thing with "trigger warnings", only applied to non SJW views.

People on the right aren't "triggered", they aren't saying the viewpoint they oppose shouldn't even be uttered, they oppose the viewpoint itself.
Well when a right winger gets emotional it fits as triggered also. I'm not up on woke right wing terms to distract from the issues or insults.

Well when a right winger gets emotional it fits as triggered also. I'm not up on woke right wing terms to distract from the issues or insults.

Again, you are using the old trick of using the same words to wrongly describe your opponents that haven be pasted onto you. It shows how butthurt those terms are making you, because they aptly point out your SJW bullshit.

I don't see many right wingers trying to stop speech they don't like, definitely not as many as those on the left by several orders of magnitude. And before you go there, school curriculums aren't speech in the Constitutional sense.

I thought when Citizens United came down that it would break in partisan waves, but mainly because the notion of corporations or business FOR PROFIT had a free speech right would be an anathema to the Founders. The British East India Tea Co, for example

Traditionally, CEOs and such rarely spoke out on issues, for fear of offending part of their customer base. Corporations always made campaign donations, and beyond any discussion our laws on that were a hodge podge and in need of reform. But the gop financed Sup Ct gave McConnell what he wanted. And now .. the result. And it pulls us apart.

I thought when Citizens United came down that it would break in partisan waves, but mainly because the notion of corporations or business FOR PROFIT had a free speech right would be an anathema to the Founders. The British East India Tea Co, for example

Traditionally, CEOs and such rarely spoke out on issues, for fear of offending part of their customer base. Corporations always made campaign donations, and beyond any discussion our laws on that were a hodge podge and in need of reform. But the gop financed Sup Ct gave McConnell what he wanted. And now .. the result. And it pulls us apart.

What's the difference between a corporation paying corporation money for political ads and the CEO using his enormous salary for the same political ads? If Citizens United wasn't in place, the money would still move, it would just be more hidden. at least now they can do it in the open for everyone to see.

Disney isn't in trouble for SAYING it opposed the law, it's in trouble for indicating it's going to actively take part in the FIGHT against the law. Actions, not words.

Statement From The Walt Disney Company On Signing Of Florida Legislation - The Walt Disney Company.

And actions against a law that at most tries to make sex ed appropriate for a given age group, nothing more.

Again, you are using the old trick of using the same words to wrongly describe your opponents that haven be pasted onto you. It shows how butthurt those terms are making you, because they aptly point out your SJW bullshit.

I don't see many right wingers trying to stop speech they don't like, definitely not as many as those on the left by several orders of magnitude. And before you go there, school curriculums aren't speech in the Constitutional sense.
And the only companies firing employees for their differing views are.....well led by Disney.

Forum List

Back