🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

New research finds the crookedest states in the union

I think that the article is biased. It should mention the positives. After living in Louisiana for about 10 years, I can tell you that their cops and politicians are the best you can buy. Well, Jindal is not much of a bargain, but most of them are worth every penny they steal.

Last edited:
Mmmm mmmm mmmm.

Moving along to the great state of Louisiana. We have these numbers since 1803. 41 D's and having spent a great amount of time in that wonderful state I know all about the Longs.

I used to go to bay ups at Uncle Earl's.:eusa_angel:

Number of Governors of Louisiana by party affiliation
Democratic 41
Republican 11
Democratic-Republican 3
Whig 3
National Republican 5

Even if they were "democrat" (dixiecrat) they were still conservative governors, and the 3 states talked about here have always been (and are today) VERY conservative.

Studies like this are just like polls you can get any result you want depending on the methods you use finding a study or poll to support a preconceived view point is not difficult.

Studies like this are just like polls you can get any result you want depending on the methods you use finding a study or poll to support a preconceived view point is not difficult.

I guess we should just ignore all data and let the problem sort itself out then

wow, the liberal circle jerk over this has been quite entertaining

their hate shines for everyone outside of their "Saintly" states

these threads are just awful

I guess we should just ignore all data and let the problem sort itself out then

Didn't say anything of the sort I said studies and polls can be manipulated to get any type of result you want.

wow, the liberal circle jerk over this has been quite entertaining

their hate shines for everyone outside of their "Saintly" states

these threads are just awful

Who says liberals are innocent? Illinois is on the list, I really wish someone would clean that state up...it's like a zit on our face of clean blue states.

Actually The Rabbi is correct. California is an EXTREMELY crooked state.
Here's the difference I found when FlaCalTenn moved from Cal to Tenn..

In Tennessee we OUT CORRUPTION DAILY.. I was AMAZED on the evening news that we heard of each and EVERY bum contract, every money under the table, every theft from petty cash.. NEVER EVER saw that make the nightly news in Cali, because the deeds are covered up by the One Party system there and the aggressive unions. HERE -- you screw around and there's a TV camera immediately in your face and you are GONE --- the very next week..

Meanwhile -- back in Cali..

City of Bell scandal - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The City of Bell scandal is a scandal involving misappropriation of public funds in Bell, California over a period of several years in the late 2000s. In July 2010, two Los Angeles Times reporters, Jeff Gottlieb and Ruben Vives, wrote an investigative journalism article on possible malfeasance in the neighboring city of Maywood, California. In their exposé, they revealed that the city officials of Bell (a small blue collar community) were receiving salaries that were reported as the highest in the nation.[5] Subsequent investigations found atypically high property tax rates, allegations of voter fraud in municipal elections and other irregularities which heightened the ensuing scandal.[6] These and other reports led to widespread criticism and a demand for city officials to resign.[7][8]

The salaries and pensions scandal that led to City of Bell officials being expelled, also brought into question the issue of voter fraud. In the 2005 election fewer than 400 votes were cast in a special election that cleared the way for City Council members to dramatically boost their own salaries. In that election, more than half the votes cast were absentee ballots, the most vulnerable method to manipulate fraudulent votes. One resident of Bell, on condition of anonymity, told The Times he was assigned the chore of retrieving absentee ballots. "Our objective was to collect absentee ballots, and if they were not filled out, instruct them how to fill it out, and if not, fill it out for them", he said. It is estimated that less than 1% of registered voters actually showed up to cast their ballot.[6] It has been reported that some residents went to the polling place, only to find that their votes had already been cast.[

Took over 8 YEARS to dig out those scoundrels and their crimes. In Tennessee, the nightly news and the citizens have ZERO TOLERANCE for that kind of malfeasance and fraud.

If you don't SEE the crimes -- they don't get tallied or prosecuted. And if the crimes are political or under union supervision --- they might never see the light of day.. That's how a crack smoking mayor keeps his job in a Liberal town..

As far as Louisiana is concerned, it does not matter whether the politicians are democratic or republicans. They select the party that is going to win, and run under that flag.

For Alabama which is also listed as a red state I have 37 Democrats after the Civil War till now. And only 5 Republicans.

So how are Alabama and Mississippi classed as red States?
Because progressives are stupid.

I'm pretty sure the LAST states in the whole country someone would think of when they think "progressive" are Alabama, Mississippi, and Louisiana....

For Alabama which is also listed as a red state I have 37 Democrats after the Civil War till now. And only 5 Republicans.

So how are Alabama and Mississippi classed as red States?
Because progressives are stupid.

I'm pretty sure the LAST states in the whole country someone would think of when they think "progressive" are Alabama, Mississippi, and Louisiana....

I can criticize wrongdoing when it comes from the right.

Can you do the same with the left?

This thread is a good example how Obama's Alinsky strategy is working to divide the nation.

There are rednecks in every state
there are smart people in every state
there a gays in every state
there are idiots in every state
there are criminals in every state
corrupt politics exists in every state.

Get over the geographical bullshit and lets pull together to fix OUR country

Actually California is the crookedest state. They have bilked their taxpayers out of billions through higher taxes and stupid mandates.
Illinois comes close for the same reasons. Plus 3 of the last 4 governors either are in prison or served time there.

Rab, how many times do we have to tell you. You can't just make shit up.

When shit pours from your mouth, even if you think it's pearls of knowledge, we all smell shit.

Dude...that's your underwear from last month.

Actually California is the crookedest state. They have bilked their taxpayers out of billions through higher taxes and stupid mandates.
Illinois comes close for the same reasons. Plus 3 of the last 4 governors either are in prison or served time there.

How much does California get back from the federal government for every dollar they send? You don't know? Figures.

About the same as Texas!

Why do Texas and other Red States go to California looking for skilled workers? You don't know? Figures.

Because the ones in Texas are already working!

Republican brains are unable to decipher the symbiotic relationship between taxes and taxpayer ROI. When taxes help Americans in their constitutionally protected "pursuit of happiness"... healthy, well educated, nutritionally stable, people with a roof over their heads are more likely to find their bootstraps and become income earning taxpayers than hungry, sick. high school dropouts but-----but somehow Republican brains are unable to process that simple truth.
Hmm, Chicago has among the highest taxes in the country. Yet how many homeless, malnourished uneducated people are there?
Dallas has lower taxes.
Once again, your ignorance makes you look stooopid.

Uninsured children in Illinois:

About All Kids

Uninsured children in Texas:

A Million Texas Children Remain Without Insurance « CBS Dallas / Fort Worth

With 25 percent of Texas children living in poverty, a rate that consistently runs 5 percent above the national average, Texas ranks 41st in the nation in number of uninsured kids, even though the unemployment rate is lower than the national average.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

You would think with Texas doing so well, it would take care of it's children.

Guess not.

But then, when did Republicans decide they like children, after they were born I mean.

DAMN, you are dishonest. Do you think that maybe, just MAYBE, the huge fucking border with Mexico might have something to do with the number of poor children in Texas, you lying sack of shit?!?!?!?!

Forum List

Back