🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

New research finds the crookedest states in the union

Chris McDaniel "And the most conservative state in the republic..."

I don't agree with Chris McDaniel on much but-----but there's no doubt in my mind that McDaniel's onto something when he claims Mississippi is a conservative state

10 most corrupt states in the U.S

by Chris Matthews@crobmatthews

June 10, 2014

welcome_to_mississippi_2012_06_24_005.jpg
New research takes a look at decades of corruption convictions to find the crookedest states in the union.

<snip>

The researchers studied more than 25,000 convictions of public officials for violation of federal corruption laws between 1976 and 2008 as well as patterns in state spending to develop a corruption index that estimates the most and least corrupt states in the union. Based on this method, the the most corrupt states are:​

1. Mississippi
2. Louisiana
3. Tennessee
4. Illinois
5. Pennsylvania
6. Alabama
7. Alaska
8. South Dakota
9. Kentucky

10. Florida

That these places landed on the list isn’t exactly surprising. Illinois, which has gain notoriety for its high-profile corruption cases in recent years, is paired with states like Mississippi and Louisiana, which are some of the least economically developed in the country. The researchers also found that for 9 out of the 10 of the most corrupt states, overall state spending was higher than in less corrupt states (South Dakota was the only exception). Attacking corruption, the researchers argue, could be a good way to bring down state spending without hurting services that people need.

Researchers also found that spending in these states was different than their less corrupt counterparts. According to the report,​
“states with higher levels of corruption are likely to favor construction, salaries, borrowing, correction, and police protection at the expense of social sectors such as education, health and hospitals.”

The paper explains that construction spending, especially on big infrastructure projects, is particularly susceptible to corruption because the quality of large, nonstandard projects are difficult for the public to gauge, while the industry is dominated by a few monopolistic firms. Corrupt states also tend to, for obvious reasons, simply have more and better paid public servants, including police and correctional officers. The researchers argue that the need for correctional officers is greater in corrupt places too because “the overall extent of corruption will be higher in states with higher numbers of convictions of public officials.”

Of course, it’s not all bad news, as the study also found the least corrupt states too. Citizens of these states–Oregon, Washington, Minnesota, Nebraska, Iowa, Vermont, Utah, New Hampshire, Colorado, and Kansas–can take solace in the fact that they’re not getting ripped off as badly as the rest of us.

You post something from Matthews. Really? What a joke. Does he still have an orgasm running down his leg when Obama speaks? Chris Matthews...LMAO are you for real?

-giggle-giggle- :rolleyes: :cuckoo:

Mmmm mmmm mmmm.

Moving along to the great state of Louisiana. We have these numbers since 1803. 41 D's and having spent a great amount of time in that wonderful state I know all about the Longs.

I used to go to bay ups at Uncle Earl's.:eusa_angel:

Number of Governors of Louisiana by party affiliation
Democratic 41
Republican 11
Democratic-Republican 3
Whig 3
National Republican 5

Even if they were "democrat" (dixiecrat) they were still conservative governors, and the 3 states talked about here have always been (and are today) VERY conservative.

I know. Republicans on the USMB believe that because Lincoln was a Republican, conservatives must have been against slavery. And when I ask the question, "Was Lincoln a Confederate", their eyes glaze over, they look very confused and they refuse to answer.

Mmmm mmmm mmmm.

Moving along to the great state of Louisiana. We have these numbers since 1803. 41 D's and having spent a great amount of time in that wonderful state I know all about the Longs.

I used to go to bay ups at Uncle Earl's.:eusa_angel:

Number of Governors of Louisiana by party affiliation
Democratic 41
Republican 11
Democratic-Republican 3
Whig 3
National Republican 5

Even if they were "democrat" (dixiecrat) they were still conservative governors, and the 3 states talked about here have always been (and are today) VERY conservative.

I know. Republicans on the USMB believe that because Lincoln was a Republican, conservatives must have been against slavery. And when I ask the question, "Was Lincoln a Confederate", their eyes glaze over, they look very confused and they refuse to answer.
You lie. A lot.

If you said the sun comes up in the east, I'd get up early with a compass...because you have no credibility at all, Mr. "The Chinese River Fen is in Dallas".

You lie. A lot.

If you said the sun comes up in the east, I'd get up early with a compass...because you have no credibility at all, Mr. "The Chinese River Fen is in Dallas".

Yea, because everyone knows this is the Chinese River Fen. Only, in this country, we call it "Galveston Bay". This is one of the pictures I posted, right?

galveston_bay_pollution_1.jpg

You lie. A lot.

Yea, because everyone knows this is the Chinese River Fen. Only, in this country, we call it "Galveston Bay". This is one of the pictures I posted, right?

galveston_bay_pollution_1.jpg
Yes, you posted that picture.

But that's not the Fen River.

This is the Fen River, which you claimed was in Dallas:

Big D little a double L ----> AS! And that spells Dallas.

fen-river-pollution_155_600x450.jpg

Check the file name, folks: fen-river-pollution.

Where is the Fen River? Not in Dallas, as rdean claimed it was. It's in China.

You're a liar, Derp. Period. End of story. There is no possible way you can weasel out of it.

This thread is a good example how Obama's Alinsky strategy is working to divide the nation.

There are rednecks in every state
there are smart people in every state
there a gays in every state
there are idiots in every state
there are criminals in every state
corrupt politics exists in every state.

Get over the geographical bullshit and lets pull together to fix OUR country

You've got it ass-backwards, there was a geographical divide long before Obama was born - let alone a national politician.
Confederates, 150 years later are still-----still fighting the civil war and-----and until the confederates buck-up, accept that they lost the civil war, become Americans..., we'll continue to have a geographical divide unless-----unless the south's changing demographics can change the lockstep voting pattern that has dominated the South since they lost the civil war.

Voter Suppression: The Confederacy Rises Again:
"Eight of eleven states in the former Confederacy have passed restrictive voting laws since the 2010 election, as part of a broader war on voting undertaken by the GOP."

Forum List

Back