New Research: Greatest Low-Wage Earnings Gains Came In States That Raised The Minimum Wage

Wages increase with wage increases.. lol idiot
Lets talk about the statistic that matters. GDP

The original GOP argument against minimum wage was all the jobs would disappear, lowering the average earnings (not wage).
No one ever said that. Why do liberals need to lie so often? The study does no good without know the full economic impact. How many lost jobs or got moved to part time? That sort of stuff.

And what happened to their buying power?

If your wage goes up 2.5% and inflation is at 2.5% because of the wage increase, there is no net benefit.
nope Marty!

a 2.5% in wages for the minimum wage earner never increases prices by 2.5%....the min wage worker is saturated in a very small portion of our market, and small portion of our workforce producers, other costs in the retail price like the cost of goods, overhead/building rental costs are in the price of the retail product...payroll for min wage workers is just a small portion...

if they go up 2.5%, price of goods overall may go up 1/2 a percent at the very very very most.

But an increase in the MW to $15 has to lead to increases in other wages, as people who used to make more than the MW or just above it, now see their self view of their value diminished, and thus will demand increased compensation.

Or they will just take the now $15 an hour jobs because they are easier, and push the original low wage earners onto the dole.

Again, you can't keep paying people $15 an hour for $10 an hour worth of added value without figuring out a way to 1) make them provide $15 an hour of value or 2) increase prices to compensate for the difference in added value.

How many franchises do you own? Or are you just speaking out of ignorance like ALL leftists?

The poor babies!

When will progressives ever stop screwing the well heeled?

Most franchise operators are upper middle class/lower upper class at best.

So since other costs are harder to cut, they are forced to either cut into their profits, or raise prices. or get more work from less workers, or better workers.

The original GOP argument against minimum wage was all the jobs would disappear, lowering the average earnings (not wage).
No one ever said that. Why do liberals need to lie so often? The study does no good without know the full economic impact. How many lost jobs or got moved to part time? That sort of stuff.

If your wage goes up 2.5% and inflation is at 2.5% because of the wage increase, there is no net benefit.

Inflation would not go up 2.5% because of a minimum wage increase, that's ridiculous. Inflation is mostly driven by national trends and policy...not a statewide wage increase.

Further it's not a direct relation like you're making it out to be. A 2.5% minimum wage increase (which is peanuts btw) would not be equaled out by a 2.5% increase in inflation.

an across the board increase of MW to $15 has ripple effects, such as making others ask for a wage increase, because before they were not doing MW work, and now they are, and they see their work as having more value (deservedly or not) than MW work.

So since other costs are harder to cut, they are forced to either cut into their profits, or raise prices. or get more work from less workers, or better workers.

Wouldn't it be swell if they didn't have to pay their workers at all?

Wage growth equal to inflation is progress.
Losing 2.5% of buying power every year is horrible. This is exactly the reason MW should be indexed to inflation.

I simplified it so progressive twatwaddles such as yourself can understand it. But the crux of the situation is that economics cannot handle someone being paid $15 an hour to add $5-$10 worth of value to a product or a service. In that situation, costs have to go up.

Yea ok :rolleyes:

Only one small problem: That which is false should not be understood as true.

Liberals do not argue that costs will not go up, they argue that poor people will be better off. Facts back that up and contradict conservative bullshit about how poor are not actually better off because mw causes so much inflation that it doesn't help low income earners.

When you done playing in the sandbox you may want to read up what serious economic estimates say about this matter:

The Effects of a Minimum-Wage Increase on Employment and Family Income

"but its only a little bit of inflation"...
Yea, I bet that's what they said when Big Macs cost 50 fucking cents, too.

fast%2Bfood%2Binequality.png

So explain to us mr.economic genius how 250% increase in MW caused 420% price increase in Big Mac (of which only a small fraction is labor cost) and why the fuck you think that Big Macs would still be 50 cents today absent MW increase.

How many franchises do you own? Or are you just speaking out of ignorance like ALL leftists?

Ok Weasel, how many do you own?

Since I presume you own none, will you concede yourself ignorant by your very own standard?

"but its only a little bit of inflation"...
Yea, I bet that's what they said when Big Macs cost 50 fucking cents, too.

fast%2Bfood%2Binequality.png

So explain to us mr.economic genius how 250% increase in MW caused 420% price increase in Big Mac (of which only a small fraction is labor cost) and why the fuck you think that Big Macs would still be 50 cents today absent MW increase.
First of all, that's FEDERAL minimum wage. This thread is about STATE.
Second, that was not at ALL my argument.

Oh yes how can I forget the difference between your employer having to pay you more due to federal MW compared to your employer having you pay more due to state increase. Totally different, of course. :rolleyes:

Well then maybe you should articulate what your augment better.

GO!

Last edited:

Oh yes how can I forget the difference between your employer having to pay you more due to federal MW compared to your employer having you pay more due to state increase. Totally different, of course. :rolleyes:

Well then maybe you should articulate what your augment is better.

GO!
It is totally different, you damn goober
Or maybe you shouldn't develop strawmen, and then blame the other person. That's what a stupid person does. Are you stupid?

It is totally different, you damn goober
Or maybe you shouldn't develop strawmen, and then blame the other person. That's what a stupid person does. Are you stupid?

ok are you now ready to tell us about the elegance of your argument?

GO!

Ok Weasel, how many do you own?

Since I presume you own none, will you concede yourself ignorant by your very own standard?
Hey, dumbasshole. I'm not the one that made the claim. Go fuck yourself then come back and try to read the actual words.

Hey, dumbasshole. I'm not the one that made the claim. Go fuck yourself then come back and try to read the actual words.

I read the actual words and their meaning was that no one who doesn't own a fast food franchise can have any legit opinion about minimum wage issue.

Which is fucking stupid, though not surprising considering the source.

Well, duh.

How about all those folks that are now unable to work at all because of your minimum wage? You know, the most vulnerable in our society whose lack of experience, low intelligence, or other factors do not warrant the minimum wage. To hell with them! Let 'em beg for their supper!

Cruel, just cruel.

Why don't you post about how mw job numbers declined in the states that raised it...no? Can't? Because it didn't happen.

Here is what long term study finds:

"...data suggests, not shockingly, that when restaurant owners pass expenditures, reasonably, on to customers, the sun tends to rise the next day. To put it less glibly, the sheer number of restaurants and restaurant employees did not fall over time in parts of the country that legislated minimum wage increases."

Cornell University Study Debunks Right-Wing Media Myth About Minimum Wage

That's called a Strawman argument. I posted NOTHING about the number of jobs, I post how minimum wage laws adversely affect the most vulnerable citizens in our society.

Focus.

Wouldn't it be swell if they didn't have to pay their workers at all?

Argumentum ad absurdum. Try again.

That's called a Strawman argument. I posted NOTHING about the number of jobs, I post how minimum wage laws adversely affect the most vulnerable citizens in our society.

Focus.

You posted an OPINION backed by nothing.

I posted serious economic estimates that show that on-balance between [expected job loss] and [expected income increase], minimum wage increases benefit overall financial well being of "the most vulnerable citizens in our society." as you put it.

Do you think you can spot the difference?

Wage growth equal to inflation is progress.
Losing 2.5% of buying power every year is horrible. This is exactly the reason MW should be indexed to inflation.

it still doesn't change the fact that paying people $15 for $10 worth of work is not economically viable.

Forum List

Back