New review finds acceleration in ocean heat content (OHC) in all basins

Crick

Gold Member
May 10, 2014
N/A
The Guardian article which I first noted has a typo of some sort in its link to a review, involving MIT climatologist Kevin Trenberth, of ocean heat content (OHC) data. I did a search for a recent Trenberth paper and have linked to a freely available page I believe to be the referenced review.

The study indicates that a number of the ways in which ocean heat content affects all of our daily lives are worsening and that there is a great deal of 'momentum' to this ocean warming effect which will take hundreds of years to undo.

Guardian article: Amount of ocean heat found to be accelerating and fuelling extreme weather events
Trenberth OHC data review: Improved Quantification of the Rate of Ocean Warming

The Guardian article which I first noted has a typo of some sort in its link to a review, involving MIT climatologist Kevin Trenberth, of ocean heat content (OHC) data. I did a search for a recent Trenberth paper and have linked to a freely available page I believe to be the referenced review.

The study indicates that a number of the ways in which ocean heat content affects all of our daily lives are worsening and that there is a great deal of 'momentum' to this ocean warming effect which will take hundreds of years to undo.

Guardian article: Amount of ocean heat found to be accelerating and fuelling extreme weather events
You stupid Moon Bat.

So the "scientists" from China (which produces most of the solar cells in the world) are telling you that the oceans are warming up? LOL!

Are these same "scientists" the same ones we found falsifying data in the Climategate revelations? Maybe they are funded by NOAA under the Potatohead administration. He gives a lot of money to China and other countries. NOAA that has been caught many times falsifying climate data.

The guys are idiots because we are now in the third year of El Nina weather. It is rare to have three straight years. El Nina is caused by cooler than normal ocean temperatures.

Stop being a fucking moron. You know nothing about climate change. Your degree from Google University is not doing you any good. You look like a fool when you post your silly environmental wacko bullshit.

We are going though a change in climate. We have been doing it since the end of the last ice age. However, newsflash Moon Bat, it ain't caused by humans.

By the way Moon Bat. When you click on the review cited in the article nothing comes up. What kind of crap are you trying to pull?

the-sky-is-falling-chicken-little.gif
\

everybody-panic.gif

No matter how much freedom and wealth you give up; Man will never change the global climate.

To think that's even remotely possible is total folly.

You stupid Moon Bat.

So the "scientists" from China (which produces most of the solar cells in the world) are telling you that the oceans are warming up? LOL!

Are these same "scientists" the same ones we found falsifying data in the Climategate revelations? Maybe they are funded by NOAA under the Potatohead administration. He gives a lot of money to China and other countries. NOAA that has been caught many times falsifying climate data.

The guys are idiots because we are now in the third year of El Nina weather. It is rare to have three straight years. El Nina is caused by cooler than normal ocean temperatures.

Stop being a fucking moron. You know nothing about climate change. Your degree from Google University is not doing you any good. You look like a fool when you post your silly environmental wacko bullshit.

We are going though a change in climate. We have been doing it since the end of the last ice age. However, newsflash Moon Bat, it ain't caused by humans.

By the way Moon Bat. When you click on the review cited in the article nothing comes up. What kind of crap are you trying to pull?
Read the FIRST SENTENCE in the Op and then carry on with your paragon-level D-K demonstration.

This Kevin Trenberth?

Travestyf.jpg

No, this one:

Kevin Edward Trenberth (born 8 November 1944) is part of the Climate Analysis Section at the US NCAR National Center for Atmospheric Research.[2][3] He was a lead author of the 2001 and 2007 IPCC Scientific Assessment of Climate Change (see IPCC Fourth Assessment Report) and serves on the Scientific Steering Group for the Climate Variability and Predictability (CLIVAR) program. He chaired the WCRP Observation and Assimilation Panel from 2004 to 2010 and chaired the Global Energy and Water Exchanges (GEWEX) scientific steering group from 2010 to 2013 (member 2007-14). In addition, he served on the Joint Scientific Committee of the World Climate Research Programme, and has made significant contributions to research into El Niño-Southern Oscillation.[4]

Trenberth's work is highly cited and he has an h-index of 100 (100 papers have over 100 citations).

No, this one:

Kevin Edward Trenberth (born 8 November 1944) is part of the Climate Analysis Section at the US NCAR National Center for Atmospheric Research.[2][3] He was a lead author of the 2001 and 2007 IPCC Scientific Assessment of Climate Change (see IPCC Fourth Assessment Report) and serves on the Scientific Steering Group for the Climate Variability and Predictability (CLIVAR) program. He chaired the WCRP Observation and Assimilation Panel from 2004 to 2010 and chaired the Global Energy and Water Exchanges (GEWEX) scientific steering group from 2010 to 2013 (member 2007-14). In addition, he served on the Joint Scientific Committee of the World Climate Research Programme, and has made significant contributions to research into El Niño-Southern Oscillation.[4]

Trenberth's work is highly cited and he has an h-index of 100 (100 papers have over 100 citations).

Exactly....The guy who couldn't find the "missing" warming, and has never ever accurately predicted anything....Now he's sounding the alarm about warming seas -which are presumably the fault of modern industrial societies- and everyone should grab their asses for the upcoming ecological catastrophe.

*yawn*

How much more in taxes and lost liberties do we need to pay, in order to not do a damn thing to stop it?

To stop earth's climate from changing requires stopping tectonic plate movement.

No, this one:

Citation #1 - best fudge at the taxpayer funded climate conference, ritz hotel 2006

Exactly....The guy who couldn't find the "missing" warming, and has never ever accurately predicted anything....Now he's sounding the alarm about warming seas -which are presumably the fault of modern industrial societies- and everyone should grab their asses for the upcoming ecological catastrophe.

*yawn*
I think the odds of him being correct are several orders of magnitude greater than the odds of you being correct.

The odds of someone who has never been right are near zero.....The law of averages would have come up with more accurate results than that quack.
The someone who has never been right would be you. Did you see the comment at the bottom of that Wikipedia excerpt? Trenberth has over 100 published papers that each have more than 100 citations. And you. How many published papers do you have and how many citations do they average? Do you know what a citation is?

The someone who has never been right would be you. Did you see the comment at the bottom of that Wikipedia excerpt? Trenberth has over 100 published papers that each have more than 100 citations. And you. How many published papers do you have and how many citations do they average? Do you know what a citation is?
Nobody is paying me six figures to be wrong every single time, sub-cretin.....Yet I'm right more than pseudo-scientific charlatan.

BTW...100 published papers, all pal-reviewed by other people who've also never been right, doesn't add up to a lump of goose shit.

Nobody is paying me six figures to be wrong every single time, sub-cretin.....Yet I'm right more than pseudo-scientific charlatan.

BTW...100 published papers, all pal-reviewed by other people who've also never been right, doesn't add up to a lump of goose shit.
Nobody is paying you six figures because you have neither the knowledge nor the skill to justify it. And as far as I have seen, every single comment you've ever posted concerning global warming has been absolutely incorrect... and you don't know what a citation is. The idea that you can make a valid judgement on the quality of Trenberth's work would require that you actually be familiar with it. I am extremely doubtful that you've ever read a single thing he's ever done.

Read the FIRST SENTENCE in the Op and then carry on with your paragon-level D-K demonstration.

You post this stupid shit from the Environmental Wackos but you don't have a clue about it.

1. How were the measurements taken?

2. How were the instruments calibrated?

3. Was the data straight up or cherry picked?

4. How was the historical data for comparison determined?

5. Where were the measurements taken?

6. What model was used to apply the results world wide?

7. Who made money off the study?

8. What valid data was ignored?

9. Have these "scientists" that created this stupid report been caught falsifying data in the past like so many of them have?

You need to pull your Moon Bat head out of your Libtard ass. You embarrass yourself when you post this stupid crap. There is climate change but there is no man made cause of it. Nothing that can be proven. That is why these so call scientists have to lie about it and create fraudulent data and none of their predictions ever come true. The earth has historically been warmer than it is now and and it is naturally warming up do to the post glacial era.

The reference of the actual report in the body of the summary did not link to the actual report you stupid Moon Bat.

You post this stupid shit from the Environmental Wackos but you don't have a clue about it.
1. How were the measurements taken?
That is explained in the text.
2. How were the instruments calibrated?
3. Was the data straight up or cherry picked?
Too stupid
4. How was the historical data for comparison determined?
Which historical data and what do you mean by "determined"?
5. Where were the measurements taken?
6. What model was used to apply the results world wide?
7. Who made money off the study?
People with jobs get paid. Is that something with which you are not familiar?
8. What valid data was ignored?
God you're stupid
9. Have these "scientists" that created this stupid report been caught falsifying data in the past like so many of them have?
Stupider
You need to pull your Moon Bat head out of your Libtard ass. You embarrass yourself when you post this stupid crap.
Stupidest
There is climate change but there is no man made cause of it.
The warming effect of humans having increased CO2 levels by 50% are determinable. Calculations on the empirical observations indicate that the additional CO2 is responsible for 1 centigrade degree of warming. That is a climate change caused by a human factor and you are a fucking idiot.
Nothing that can be proven.
There are no proofs in the natural sciences.
That is why these so call scientists have to lie about it and create fraudulent data and none of their predictions ever come true.
These people are scientists. You are not. They have not lied about any of this. You have. They have not created fraudulent data. You wouldn't know data if it came out your nose. Their predictions have been accurate. Yours don't exist.
The earth has historically been warmer than it is now and and it is naturally warming up do to the post glacial era.
The glacial cycle the Earth is currently in is forcing the Earth to get COLDER. It is not, because the greenhouse effect operating on the GHGs humans have added to the atmosphere has a greater forcing factor. The rate of warming seen over the last century far, far outpaces any glacial cycle rate of change. And what the fuck do you mean by "naturally warming up"? The "natural" temperature of the Earth - it's average global temperature without any greenhouse warming - is just shy of -2F. It is the greenhouse effect that instead makes our average temperature 57F. And temperature does not have momentum, it does not have rebound, it does not have elasticity. Temperature will not change unless something makes it change. It doesn't happen by itself.
The reference of the actual report in the body of the summary did not link to the actual report you stupid Moon Bat.
As I advised in the very first sentence in the OP.

You very obviously did not read one word of the rather brief study to which I linked. What the fuck did you think you were going to accomplish trying to criticize it as you did when you didn't have the faintest fuck of an idea what it said?

Too stupid

Which historical data and what do you mean by "determined"?

People with jobs get paid. Is that something with which you are not familiar?

God you're stupid

Stupider

Stupidest

The warming effect of humans having increased CO2 levels by 50% are determinable. Calculations on the empirical observations indicate that the additional CO2 is responsible for 1 centigrade degree of warming. That is a climate change caused by a human factor and you are a fucking idiot.

There are no proofs in the natural sciences.

These people are scientists. You are not. They have not lied about any of this. You have. They have not created fraudulent data. You wouldn't know data if it came out your nose. Their predictions have been accurate. Yours don't exist.

The glacial cycle the Earth is currently in is forcing the Earth to get COLDER. It is not, because the greenhouse effect operating on the GHGs humans have added to the atmosphere has a greater forcing factor. The rate of warming seen over the last century far, far outpaces any glacial cycle rate of change. And what the fuck do you mean by "naturally warming up"? The "natural" temperature of the Earth - it's average global temperature without any greenhouse warming - is just shy of -2F. It is the greenhouse effect that instead makes our average temperature 57F. And temperature does not have momentum, it does not have rebound, it does not have elasticity. Temperature will not change unless something makes it change. It doesn't happen by itself.

As I advised in the very first sentence in the OP.

You very obviously did not read one word of the rather brief study to which I linked. What the fuck did you think you were going to accomplish trying to criticize it as you did when you didn't have the faintest fuck of an idea what it said?
Earliest snowfall on record for many places in the US this week. Fifteen degrees below normal at my house this morning here in Florida. El Nina on its third year, which is caused by cooler than average ocean temperatures and you don't know jackshit how those morons that produced their report got their data. But what we do know is that those so called scientists have been caught numerous times fabricating and cherry picking data and their dire predictions never come true so they absolutely have no credibility. Even if their data is real (unlikely) you have no idea whatsoever if it is natural post glacial warming or man made.

You are an idiot when it comes to this subject and you don't know jackshit about the garbage that you post. Typical confused uneducated Moon Bat.

Earliest snowfall on record for many places in the US this week. Fifteen degrees below normal at my house this morning here in Florida. El Nina on its third year, which is caused by cooler than average ocean temperatures and you don't know jackshit how those morons that produced their report got their data. But what we do know is that those so called scientists have been caught numerous times fabricating and cherry picking data and their dire predictions never come true so they absolutely have no credibility. Even if their data is real (unlikely) you have no idea whatsoever if it is natural post glacial warming or man made.

You are an idiot when it comes to this subject and you don't know jackshit about the garbage that you post. Typical confused uneducated Moon Bat.
I almost wish I could find it in myself to take such an easy way out of an argument. Just stick your head in the sand and fart in their general direction. But do keep thinking about why you have such an incredibly hard time finding any science or, really, any sort of evidence to back up your claims. Because, there's a real good reason for the shortcoming.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back