New Study: 86% of all gun deaths in the US in 2020 were by suicide

Suicide is suicide, calling it a gun death is disingenuous. The only reason to do so is political. It has no bearing to the root issue of suicidal ideation and acting upon it.
Suicides are often impulse suicides. Without a gun easily available it may have not happened.

Suicide rate Japan, 16.8 per 100,000.

Suicide rate US, 13.4 per 100,000.

How do the Japanese manage to have a higher suicide rate without access to firearms?

It's as if there are a lot of other ways to kill yourself.

That can't possibly be. Must be fake news.

Suicide rate Japan, 16.8 per 100,000.

Suicide rate US, 13.4 per 100,000.

How do the Japanese manage to have a higher suicide rate without access to firearms?

It's as if there are a lot of other ways to kill yourself.

That can't possibly be. Must be fake news.
I`ll bet we have them beat in mass shootings in schools, churches, synagogues, grocery stores, movie theaters, malls, bowling alleys, etc. No one is going to suicide you today but you may catch a stray bullet walking across the street.

I understand that 86% percent of the gun deaths were suicide. A large number of them teens. So knowing about gun safety didn’t really protect them, did it?

Knowing about gravity doesn't save the people who jump off of building to kill themselves either......or that a moving train will kill you if you step in front of it.....

Gun free zones are places where there are no guns. As the kids used to say, DUH!

Except when the criminals bring guns to the gun free zone for crime or murder.....while the normal gun owners leave their guns in their cars or at home....

Why are suicide in red states so much higher than suicide rates in blue states?

They occur in the blue cities in those red states. And quite a few Red states have mental health risk factors like long, cold, dark winters.......

I`ll bet we have them beat in mass shootings in schools, churches, synagogues, grocery stores, movie theaters, malls, bowling alleys, etc. No one is going to suicide you today but you may catch a stray bullet walking across the street.
If this thread was about that...we would debate it.

But THIS thread is about attempting to link firearms as a CAUSE of suicides...

...which as an honest purveyor of truth...you would be forced to agree is completely debunked by the fact that the Japanese have a HIGHER suicide rate per capita though firearms are highly regulated.

I believe in you... You can do it...

If you stay out of tiny areas in democrat party controlled cities where they keep releasing violent gun offenders into black neighborhoods, the odds of catching a stray bullet are almost zero...

Suicides are often impulse suicides. Without a gun easily available it may have not happened.

And, as we always point out when idiots like your try to use that point...

Japan, South Korea and China have extreme gun control, but far higher suicide rates than we have here in the U.S....

As do many European countries with their extreme gun control laws ....

Forum List

Back