🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

New Study Finds that Present CO2 Levels are Capable of Melting Large Portions of East and West Antar

ScienceRocks

Democrat all the way!
Mar 16, 2010
New Study Finds that Present CO2 Levels are Capable of Melting Large Portions of East and West Antarctica
If you’re a regular reader of this blog and its comments section, you’re probably more than a little worried about two bits of climate science in particular:

Our understanding of past climates (paleoclimate) and 5-6 C long term climate sensitivity.

And if you’re a frequent returner, you’ve probably figured out by now that the two go hand in glove.

Looking back to a period of time called the Pliocene climate epoch of 2.6 to 5.3 million years ago, we find that atmospheric carbon dioxide levels were somewhat lower than they are at present — ranging from 390 to 400 parts per million. We also find that global temperatures were between 2 to 3 degrees Celsius warmer than 1880s ranges, that glaciers in Antarctica and Greenland were significantly reduced, and that sea levels were about 25 meters (82 feet) higher than they are today.
New Study Finds that Present CO2 Levels are Capable of Melting Large Portions of East and West Antarctica

wow, not good

I can find a study that says the Earth will be gone in 30 days........

Relax.....the Earth will be ok......with or without humans.......it's had a bit more practice than humans have.

Besides, there is no way to control every nation and their CO2 output......just relax

Relax.....the Earth will be ok......with or without humans.......it's had a bit more practice than humans have.

Besides, there is no way to control every nation and their CO2 output......just relax

Where is your PHD to dispute this study? Sure the earth will be here but most live will be going bye bye.

If you’re a regular reader of this blog and its comments section, you’re probably more than a little worried about two bits of climate science in particular:

Our understanding of past climates (paleoclimate) and 5-6 C long term climate sensitivity.

And if you’re a frequent returner, you’ve probably figured out by now that the two go hand in glove.

Looking back to a period of time called the Pliocene climate epoch of 2.6 to 5.3 million years ago, we find that atmospheric carbon dioxide levels were somewhat lower than they are at present — ranging from 390 to 400 parts per million. We also find that global temperatures were between 2 to 3 degrees Celsius warmer than 1880s ranges, that glaciers in Antarctica and Greenland were significantly reduced, and that sea levels were about 25 meters (82 feet) higher than they are today.

wow, not good

If you're worried about US CO2, boot 10 million illegals.
They'll emit less CO2 back in Mexico or El Salvador.

Where is your PHD to dispute this study? Sure the earth will be here but most live will be going bye bye.

Have you ever been outside your Mom's basement? There is more open land on Earth than you can possibly imagine. Millions of square miles of land that has not been settled. No one will drown!

I personally don't care if people living at the beach get flooded out. That makes my property further inland at present more valuable in the future!

Whatever you say s0n!!:2up:

Its 2017........nobody cares anymore about bomb throwing from the climate crusaders.:popcorn:

Global warming predictions proven wrong 97.4% of the time

Only the matrix loving bubble dwellers are still suckered by the bomb throwers.:bye1:

"Capable of"? You mean if the CO2 levels decide to that they can?

How stupid can people get? If it were "capable" it would be happening...that is how chemical and physical reactions work. CO2 has zero or less effect on global temperatures.

wow, not good

You will believe anything if you still believe the Warmer Elite, after all the lies they have told.

Whatever you say s0n!!:2up:

Its 2017........nobody cares anymore about bomb throwing from the climate crusaders.:popcorn:

Global warming predictions proven wrong 97.4% of the time

Only the matrix loving bubble dwellers are still suckered by the bomb throwers.:bye1:
One has to be ignorant to still believe the pronouncements of the Church of Global Warming...but we must remember it is a RELIGION and not science. As such, the BELIEVE!!!..which is most ironic, since it is likely most warmers are atheists.

Great column....
Environmentalism as a religion
Environmentalists are horrible at predictions. We haven’t run out of oil, millions haven’t starved due to overpopulation, half of all species have not gone extinct, temperatures have not risen in over 18 years, total Antarctic ice and sea ice are increasing and on and on. But, it’s a religion, facts don’t matter. The bearded idiot on the street doesn’t put down his “end of the world is near” sign just because we pass the date he predicted we would all die. He just changes the date of destruction and carries on.

As Dr. Crichton explains, DDT is not a carcinogen, it did not cause birds to die and the people who banned it knew these facts. But, they banned it anyway and as a result tens of millions of poor people, mostly children, died. This was because of religion, not science.

The “Church of Global Warming” is probably the worst sect. The world has warmed from 288 Kelvin to 288.8 Kelvin in the last 135 years and not at all since 2002 according to the UAH satellite data. This is insignificant and very normal variability. The world is greener, food crops better and larger than ever, fewer people are hungry or in poverty, life expectancy is longer than ever before, and we have more arable land. There is no evidence that global warming is either man-made or dangerous and there is no evidence that carbon dioxide is either the sole cause of the minor warming we have seen or the dominant cause. We can show it is a greenhouse gas like water vapor, but that is about it.
Environmentalism as a religion

"COULD"

No physical evidence...

Only a Model that fails empirical real world (physical test) review....

Here we go again with total BullShit from the far left wackos claiming to have PhD's and proving they don't have a damn clue.

"COULD"

No physical evidence...

Only a Model that fails empirical real world (physical test) review....

Here we go again with total BullShit from the far left wackos claiming to have PhD's and proving they don't have a damn clue.
Yet amazingly, this bullshit from the Church of Global Warming is still believed by millions of Americans.

Proving how easy it is for the elites to dupe some of us.

How stupid can people get? If it were "capable" it would be happening...that is how chemical and physical reactions work. CO2 has zero or less effect on global temperatures.

You mean if the CO2 levels decide to that they can?

Don't they emit smart photons? DERP!

I don't think they do...I think they simply obey the laws of physics...you and old rocks seem to think that they must be smart in order to obey those laws...old rocks invented smart photons any you jumped right on up on the wagon with him...you two belong together.

I don't think they do...I think they simply obey the laws of physics...you and old rocks seem to think that they must be smart in order to obey those laws...old rocks invented smart photons any you jumped right on up on the wagon with him...you two belong together.

I think they simply obey the laws of physics

The law that says the Sun's surface can't emit, because it's surrounded by the hotter corona?
That's one of my favorites.
And the one where you confuse heat with radiation, eh?

old rocks invented smart photons

I thought that was you when you said they can measure the temp of all matter across all time and space?

The law that says the Sun's surface can't emit, because it's surrounded by the hotter corona?

I thought that was you when you said they can measure the temp of all matter across all time and space?

Do you have a measurement of two way energy flow? Didn't think so. You keep right on riding that wagon with rocks.

Do you have a measurement of two way energy flow? Didn't think so. You keep right on riding that wagon with rocks.

Do you have a measurement of two way energy flow?

Yes.

Yes.

So you are a liar also....not surprising.

Yes.

upload_2017-8-4_13-10-36.png

You can't read a graph, not surprising.

I don't think they do...I think they simply obey the laws of physics...

Is that why you think equilibrium is a dirty, dirty lie?

Yes.

View attachment 142075

You can't read a graph, not surprising.

And exactly where do you think you see a direct measurement of two way energy flow there?

What you have there is a few measurements made with a pyrogeometer...the instrument works by converting temperature changes within an internal thermopile to electrical signals...you would have as much success determining upward or downward flux with a wooden stick as with a pyrogeometer.. But it isn't surprising that you have been fooled by instrumentation just like your buddy Ian and all the rest of the believers.

Forum List

Back