New Study: Gender surgery causes 12x increase in suicide

A study published last month shows that those who underwent gender surgery had a suicide risk 12 times higher than those who did not, adding more data showing the dangers of the life-altering procedures.

The study utilized patient data from 56 health care organizations in the U.S. and over 90 million patients. Four different groups of patients were looked at in the study:
1. 1,501 people aged 18-60 who had “gender-affirming surgery” and an emergency visit
2. 15,608,363 adults who visited the emergency room but had no “gender-affirming surgery”
3. 142,093 “adults with emergency visits, tubal ligation or vasectomy, but no gender-affirming surgery,”
4. patients with pharyngitis was studied “to validate the results from cohort 3”

Data from February 4, 2003, to February 4, 2023, were analyzed to examine suicide attempts, death, self-harm, and post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) within five years of the index event,” the study said, adding that its results found that “Individuals who underwent gender-affirming surgery had a 12.12-fold higher suicide attempt risk than those who did not.”

The study concluded, “Gender-affirming surgery is significantly associated with elevated suicide attempt risks, underlining the necessity for comprehensive post-procedure psychiatric support.”

Study link: Risk of Suicide and Self-Harm Following Gender-Affirmation Surgery

This is proof of how destructive and dangerous these choices and procedures are. You can’t question it’s horrible effects.

Yet, Biden and the left continue to promote it, even on children.

Jordan Peterson had the best, most appropriate response, he tweeted:

“12x the suicide rate post ‘gender affirming’ surgery. The butchers and liars were murderously wrong. The Cass report indicated this. Canada and the US are still enabling this. That’s you @POTUS and @JustinTrudeau and it is utterly barbarous and inexcusable. Putting children to the knife. ‘Follow the science,’ gentlemen.”

Yep. Come on Joe, come on leftists. Where’s your “we follow the science” claims now?

Not defending the procedure but the only real honest comparison would be between pre-surgery and post surgery trans patients and even then you would need to sort out which pre-surgery people were already suicidal before having the surgery. This report seems like correlation on top of correlation on top of correlation to get to the implied conclusion that the surgery makes people more suicidal.

A study published last month shows that those who underwent gender surgery had a suicide risk 12 times higher than those who did not, adding more data showing the dangers of the life-altering procedures.

The study utilized patient data from 56 health care organizations in the U.S. and over 90 million patients. Four different groups of patients were looked at in the study:
1. 1,501 people aged 18-60 who had “gender-affirming surgery” and an emergency visit
2. 15,608,363 adults who visited the emergency room but had no “gender-affirming surgery”
3. 142,093 “adults with emergency visits, tubal ligation or vasectomy, but no gender-affirming surgery,”
4. patients with pharyngitis was studied “to validate the results from cohort 3”

Data from February 4, 2003, to February 4, 2023, were analyzed to examine suicide attempts, death, self-harm, and post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) within five years of the index event,” the study said, adding that its results found that “Individuals who underwent gender-affirming surgery had a 12.12-fold higher suicide attempt risk than those who did not.”

The study concluded, “Gender-affirming surgery is significantly associated with elevated suicide attempt risks, underlining the necessity for comprehensive post-procedure psychiatric support.”

This is proof of how destructive and dangerous these choices and procedures are. You can’t question it’s horrible effects.

“12x the suicide rate post ‘gender affirming’ surgery. The butchers and liars were murderously wrong. The Cass report indicated this. Canada and the US are still enabling this. That’s you @POTUS and @JustinTrudeau and it is utterly barbarous and inexcusable. Putting children to the knife. ‘Follow the science,’ gentlemen.”

Yep. Come on Joe, come on leftists. Where’s your “we follow the science” claims now?
These people are fucked up in the first place and the left just want to fuck them up even more. What could possibly go wrong?

I'll give you a point for not putting '1200%' in your thread title.

Not defending the procedure but the only real honest comparison would be between pre-surgery and post surgery trans patients and even then you would need to sort out which pre-surgery people were already suicidal before having the surgery.

This report seems like correlation on top of correlation on top of correlation to get to the implied conclusion that the surgery makes people more suicidal.
I think it all points to the detrimental effect mentally abandoning one’s sex-defined behavioral psychology can have.

The very practice of attempting to walk off the plank of one’s natural sex causes mental turmoil, confusion, and depression. The data clearly shows this.

So did they just survey transgender kids or all kids?

No survey, surveys everyone, so that is your quick answer. I do find it is best to find the original survey and see what it actually says. You are right to question what is in the survey. I do, then I find the survey, not an article describing the survey. Some of these surveys are based on 6 people, that were surveyed in another survey.

Many studies and surveys are of other studies and surveys, very dishonest, or just real poor research.

I think they do this because they get paid to write this stuff so they can make the maximum profit by just cheating, taking a shortcut, and coming up with a preconceived conclusion and then just substantiating the conclusion with bits of previous stuff from others.

It wasn't that long ago that the height of mental illness treatment was shoving a metal rod into a patient's brain and hoping they didn't die on the spot. I predict that in another 100 years or so, psychiatrists will look back at the way we are treating these children and shudder with revulsion.
Psychiatrists are, shuddering with revulsion now.

Do you even understand the study? I do and I'm struggling to understand the point these bingos were making. They essentially compared the suicide rates for people who had gender affirming surgery to people who randomly showed up in the E.R. and people who had vasectomies.... :laugh:

Explain to me why these are comparable things? It's like comparing the suicide rate of people who are on anti depressants vs the suicide rate of people who bought Tylenol at Walgreens. :laugh:
Okay, so what. Why does it matter? They found control groups and did a study. Who would you suggest as control groups. People who had no surgeries? Car accident victims compared to the those with sex-reassignment surgeries.

I am curious, what would a better control group be? This is a comparison of specific groups, both which had surgery on sexual organs. A vasectomy or BTL is closely related.

Okay, so what. Why does it matter? They found control groups and did a study. Who would you suggest as control groups. People who had no surgeries? Car accident victims compared to the those with sex-reassignment surgeries.

I am curious, what would a better control group be? This is a comparison of specific groups, both which had surgery on sexual organs. A vasectomy or BTL is closely related.
How about don't compare nonsensical groups to one another in the first place and then imagine it means something. How about that? :dunno: :laugh:

How about don't compare nonsensical groups to one another in the first place and then imagine it means something. How about that? :dunno: :laugh:
That is not a rational explanation. It is a deflection at best.

What is nonsensical about comparing to groups that have had sexual surgeries/

That is not a rational explanation. It is a deflection at best.

What is nonsensical about comparing to groups that have had sexual surgeries/
They compared the suicide rate of trans people to people who showed up in the E.R. and people who had vasectomies. You go ahead and try to explain to me what utility you are getting from that information. :lmao: I can't wait to hear this.

They compared the suicide rate of trans people to people who showed up in the E.R. and people who had vasectomies. You go ahead and try to explain to me what utility you are getting from that information. :lmao: I can't wait to hear this.
You have established two control groups, to study suicide rates. That is the utility.

What's the utility of establishing people who've had vasectomies as the control group? Why is that the control? :dunno: :laugh:
What is the utility of using people who had surgery on a sexual organ to another group that surgery on a sexual organ is your question?

That is your answer.

I guess we should compare the suicide rate of those with gender affirming surgery with the Presidents of the United States of America, what does that result reveal?

Gender Affirming Surgery to Men or Woman in charge of billion dollar empires, wow, Trans people are committing suicide and the others not.

How about comparing the trans gender community suicide rate to devote Christians in 50 year marriages, no comparison. There is something wrong in the Trans community.

Trans people compared to the Popes of the catholic church, Popes have zero suicides. Trans people have high suicide rates.

Currie... who do you suggest we compare trans people to.

Suicide, is tragic.
Transpeople are committing suicide because they do not like their lives. There is no denying that.

They do need help. We do need to ban all forms of surgery and medications given to trans people to at least the age of 21 years old. We ban cigarette smoking until this age. We ban gun ownership until this age. We ban driving until 16 years old. We ban voting until 18 years old.

It is logical to ban medications and surgeries for sex reassignment until a certain age. I think 23 years old may be the best age.

There are more things we can do as well. I can blame the government policies as well

What is the utility of using people who had surgery on a sexual organ to another group that surgery on a sexual organ is your question?

That is your answer.
It's a dumb one. They don't face the same social stigma, the same rates of violence or homelessness or job insecurity. It's a shitty comparison that doesn't end up telling you much of anything.
I guess we should compare the suicide rate of those with gender affirming surgery with the Presidents of the United States of America, what does that result reveal?
I don't know. You're the one supporting and coming up with these dumb ass comparisons. :dunno:
Gender Affirming Surgery to Men or Woman in charge of billion dollar empires, wow, Trans people are committing suicide and the others not.
And you think it's maybe because they got trans care instead of vasectomies? :dunno: :laugh:
How about comparing the trans gender community suicide rate to devote Christians in 50 year marriages, no comparison. There is something wrong in the Trans community.
Well see this why we don't let you Bingos do important jobs. :laugh:
Trans people compared to the Popes of the catholic church, Popes have zero suicides. Trans people have high suicide rates.

Currie... who do you suggest we compare trans people to.
How about you control for the same sort of trans population (race, age, income) and compare results of different treatments? That might tell you something about what treatment works best. According to your dipshit logic though we should be treating trans patients with vasectomies because they have lower suicide rates. MAGA logic! :lmao:

It's a dumb one. They don't face the same social stigma, the same rates of violence or homelessness or job insecurity. It's a shitty comparison that doesn't end up telling you much of anything.

I don't know. You're the one supporting and coming up with these dumb ass comparisons. :dunno:

And you think it's maybe because they got trans care instead of vasectomies? :dunno: :laugh:

Well see this why we don't let you Bingos do important jobs. :laugh:

How about you control for the same sort of trans population (race, age, income) and compare results of different treatments? That might tell you something about what treatment works best. According to your dipshit logic though we should be treating trans patients with vasectomies because they have lower suicide rates. MAGA logic! :lmao:
such anger curried goats
I did not state anything you said nor implied anything you said
CurriedGoat, you are simply here to troll, flame, and vent your anger which is based on a political ideology you can support.

CurriedGoat, you are simply attacking Republicans because you think you are right with your Democrat ideology.

CurriedGoat, you refuse to engage civilly, which is what I will point out to everyone.

CurriedGoat is another Democrat ideolog that can address the issues but must demean and misrepresent who and what the conservatives are in order to appear right, ideologically.

This is what our conversation is, per your comments CG. You are not on topic, at all.

such anger curried goats
I did not state anything you said nor implied anything you said
CurriedGoat, you are simply here to troll, flame, and vent your anger which is based on a political ideology you can support.

CurriedGoat, you are simply attacking Republicans because you think you are right with your Democrat ideology.

CurriedGoat, you refuse to engage civilly, which is what I will point out to everyone.

CurriedGoat is another Democrat ideolog that can address the issues but must demean and misrepresent who and what the conservatives are in order to appear right, ideologically.

This is what our conversation is, per your comments CG. You are not on topic, at all.
I'm laughing at you. I'm not angered by the fact that you dumb Bingos thought this study meant something. :lmao:

Makes sense.

Most men would, at the minimum, be moderately depressed if someone chops off their sex organs.

Especially if the surgery didn't match up to the expectations that the Sex Change Mutilators promised- that they were going to be "Transitioned" into a broad.

But instead of becoming a broad, they just became a dude without a penis.

Forum List

Back