New York: Black Muslim Woman Takes Oath As Judge, Swears on Holy Quran

I wouldnt think you would ever be in a position important enough to have swear on a book unless you were on trial for being dumb.
Thank heavens you can't be arrested and found guilty of actually being stupid or else Obama and Hillary would be in Fort Leavenworth (or Gitmo) by now...

It's ridiculous we have people swearing to anything on religious books

I have to say I never understood that as well. If we're going to have separation of church and state then why do they swear on a Bible, in this case a Quran? Anyone?

I have to say I never understood that as well. If we're going to have separation of church and state then why do they swear on a Bible, in this case a Quran? Anyone?
I think it's always been a symbol of 'God and Country'. After all, 'In God we Trust' is still our motto and on our currency...for now. I am sure that is one of the 'fundamental changes' Obama / Liberals will have coming for us.

I wouldnt think you would ever be in a position important enough to have swear on a book unless you were on trial for being dumb.
Thank heavens you can't be arrested and found guilty of actually being stupid or else Obama and Hillary would be in Fort Leavenworth (or Gitmo) by now...
If that was the case you would be serving a life sentence.

The religious nuttery of social conservatives is coming back to bite then in the ass

I know plenty of Liberals that do this and don't question it. So it's not a political thing. It's just something we as a society has always done.

The religious nuttery of social conservatives is coming back to bite then in the ass

I know plenty of Liberals that do this and don't question it. So it's not a political thing. It's just something we as a society has always done.
There are lots of socially conservative liberals. But I suspect most people will swear on a Bible because they don't consider it a big deal. Of course non-Christians intending to lie are happy to do it because it increases their credibility.

Forum List

Back