New York’s ‘Food Recycling’ Program Could Be The Future Of Waste And Energy

I cant be wrong from a hypothetical smart guy. It hasn't happened yet and your doubt is not proof. Understand?

Still can't admit your wrong. Its so cute when keyboard commandos get backed into a corner and try to weasel thier way out.

Ya got me Marty. What corner am i in Marty? what was I wrong about? I'll take your deflection as a concession.

You are not weaseling out of this. You said my utility bill would go down due to recycling. Considering the small amount of power you get from compost methane I highly doubt that. I also showed that NYC's metal/paper recylcing actually adds costs to disposal, thus leading to higher tax requirements.

So recycling is probably MORE expensive than simple disposal, thus making your statement false.

Keep trying to weasel out though, its comical.

If New York recycles it will not affect the health of the planet. If the entire United States recycles it will not affect the health of the planet.

Anyone who thinks that recycling has any effect on the health of the planet is the kind of person who pees in the ocean expecting the sea level to rise.

It's just a good idea to turn this into energy. Less coal and natural gas needed. ;)

If New York recycles it will not affect the health of the planet. If the entire United States recycles it will not affect the health of the planet.

Anyone who thinks that recycling has any effect on the health of the planet is the kind of person who pees in the ocean expecting the sea level to rise.

It's just a good idea to turn this into energy. Less coal and natural gas needed. ;)

Good idea is not the point. They can implement all the good ideas they want. Where they are going to go wrong is that they are mandating it. I tire of the nanny state. Government is already doing a million other things to ‘help’ me. I don’t need another.

Still can't admit your wrong. Its so cute when keyboard commandos get backed into a corner and try to weasel thier way out.

Ya got me Marty. What corner am i in Marty? what was I wrong about? I'll take your deflection as a concession.

You are not weaseling out of this. You said my utility bill would go down due to recycling. Considering the small amount of power you get from compost methane I highly doubt that. I also showed that NYC's metal/paper recylcing actually adds costs to disposal, thus leading to higher tax requirements.

So recycling is probably MORE expensive than simple disposal, thus making your statement false.

I said it will reduce utility bills per the article. So, again Marty what was I wrong about exactly? Again, I'll take your deflection as a concession.

hint: You having doubt doesn't prove anything..

I said it will reduce utility bills per the article. So, again Marty what was I wrong about exactly? Again, I'll take your deflection as a concession.

I gave reasons why it would not reduce the utility bill, namely the costs to run the composting, plus the additional haulage. I also was talking about glass/metal/paper recycling, and I have already shown that ADDS to the cost of garbage removal.

Weasel Weasel Weasel.

I gave reasons why it would not reduce the utility bill, namely the costs to run the composting, plus the additional haulage. I also was talking about glass/metal/paper recycling, and I have already shown that ADDS to the cost of garbage removal.

Weasel Weasel Weasel.

You gave reasons why YOU BELIEVE it would not reduce the utility bill. Also you keep mentioning garbage removal? I'm only talking about the utility bill dude. Your doubt is not proof therefore I'm waiting for you to PROVE that it will not.

Theories, doubt and suspicion is not proof. Understand now?

What is the alternative? Putting the same stuff into a land fill and letting it decompose releasing the same gas which isn't good for the environment.

But, with fracking coming on line I am not sure if the price of gas will sustain the cost, so it may become another thing tax payers pay.

waste-figure-2-e1366223851347.png

waste-figure-3-e1366223953684.png

It costs more to turn this kind of waste into energy than it does to use coal or natural gas. More energy is wasted turning waste into energy than used by coal or gas. What this kind of harebrained proposal will do, is increase vermin and disease. Even savages know better than to keep garbage in their huts and caves.

Weasel Weasel Weasel.

You gave reasons why YOU BELIEVE it would not reduce the utility bill. Also you keep mentioning garbage removal? I'm only talking about the utility bill dude. Your doubt is not proof therefore I'm waiting for you to PROVE that it will not.

Theories, doubt and suspicion is not proof. Understand now?

Considering i live in NYC and sanitation is part of taxes, any increase in the haulage requirements (more trucks for more bins) would require more funding, and vis a vis increase my tax burden. So basically any utility savings if they exist (which I dont think they would) would be offset by the increase in collection costs.

Also, can you show that per KW or BTU generate the cost of the generated methane is LESS than the equivalent cost of say burning NG or using Indian Points power?

"Vaugely saying "utiltiy costs savings" isnt cutting it.

Next time dont get into a pissing match regarding waste treatment with an Environmental Engineer. You are out of your weight class.

That's your THEORY but your THEORY proves nothing despite your squawking that what you believe is reality. Sorry dude

That's your THEORY but your THEORY proves nothing despite your squawking that what you believe is reality. Sorry dude

Its more grounded than your blanket statement that my "utility bill" will see the benefit of composting/recycling.

You lost, so either nut up or shut up.

Its more grounded than your blanket statement that my "utility bill" will see the benefit of composting/recycling.

More grounded isn't proof either. Damn are you purposefully being stupid to grasp a fake victory or something? Holy fuck!

More grounded isn't proof either. Damn are you purposefully being stupid to grasp a fake victory or something? Holy fuck!

And are you too shallow and unsure of your own positions to admit when you are wrong?

Scan through my posts and I'm sure you will find ones where I admit I was wrong, in particular when I was discussing Hasidic Jews and thier positions on Israel. I thought the satamars were not in Israel at all. I was wrong and I corrected my statement.

And are you too shallow and unsure of your own positions to admit when you are wrong?

Scan through my posts and I'm sure you will find ones where I admit I was wrong, in particular when I was discussing Hasidic Jews and thier positions on Israel. I thought the satamars were not in Israel at all. I was wrong and I corrected my statement.

How can I be wrong when you haven't posted anything to prove me wrong? Jesus...it's like talking to a robot.

Me: The Utility bill will be reduced
You: I don't think it will be therefore you're wrong
Me: How am I wrong?
You: Because I think you are. Now apologize for being wrong

:cuckoo:

How can I be wrong when you haven't posted anything to prove me wrong? Jesus...it's like talking to a robot.

I gave you the reasons why you are wrong, you just cant get them through your hufflepuffle addled mind.

I gave you the reasons why you are wrong, you just cant get them through your hufflepuffle addled mind.

HOLY SHIT!! Don't you get that your explanations and beliefs are not proof of anything? Your Mama thinks you're the best, that doesn't mean that You are the best in reality.

Keep pretending, it fits you nicely

HOLY SHIT!! Don't you get that your explanations and beliefs are not proof of anything? Your Mama thinks you're the best, that doesn't mean that You are the best in reality.

Keep pretending, it fits you nicely

136019261076.jpg

Forum List

Back