New York’s ‘Food Recycling’ Program Could Be The Future Of Waste And Energy

Read the article

Yeah, because it costs nothing to truck the stuff to the composting facility, spread the material in cells in the compost, monitor the compost, withdraw and clean the produced gas, burn the gas in a turbine, and dispose of and remove the remains of the compost....

Lets see if they actually get below the $95 dollars a ton it costs just to throw it out.

So it seems your done with the whole lowering your utilities bill squawking now. Thanks

No what I'm saying is it will probably still end up costing more money in the long run, as any savings in energy generation will be eaten up by processing costs.

Just admit you were wrong. Be the bigger person.

Yeah, because it costs nothing to truck the stuff to the composting facility, spread the material in cells in the compost, monitor the compost, withdraw and clean the produced gas, burn the gas in a turbine, and dispose of and remove the remains of the compost....

Lets see if they actually get below the $95 dollars a ton it costs just to throw it out.

So it seems your done with the whole lowering your utilities bill squawking now. Thanks

No what I'm saying is it will probably still end up costing more money in the long run, as any savings in energy generation will be eaten up by processing costs.

I cant be wrong from a hypothetical smart guy. It hasn't happened yet and your doubt is not proof. Understand?

It does not matter. If the benefits are real, the program would not need to be mandatory. Likely the benefits are not as good as they parrot or a voluntary program would be sufficient. It is not like people would be unwilling to participate. Mandatory government intrusion is asinine and not a good thing no matter how much you think the government is ‘doing what’s best for you.’ That is not for Uncle Sam to decide, that is for ME to decide.

YOU aren't the only person who has to live on this earth either or the consequences of your actions. You guys act as if you live in a bubble where all the trash you produce goes into another dimension never to be seen again.

Just because it's outta sight...

Where this will inevitably lead:

boedicca-albums-mo-more-boedicca-s-stuff-picture5786-rubbish.jpg

Currently, we have a recycle bin for all recyclables. That includes plastics, paper, glass, aluminum, and anything else that is recyclable. They sort it all out at the recycling center, so we don't have to separate it. They pick it up every other week and we have a 96 gallon bin for everything. I can actually go a full month between pickups. It's easy to recycle everything and it makes sense. The rest goes in the garbage. I break all my boxes down so they don't take up much space. Before I recycled, I would have three full size garbage cans full of garbage every week. Now I only have one.

I find it humorous when people complain about having to separate things and all the extra work it takes them. Grow up and do what is right. It doesn't matter if you are liberal, moderate, or conservative, recycling makes sense for all kinds of reasons. Those who are against it fall in the "stupid" category.

How about the government asks me to do it, instead of forcing me to do it via laws and punative fines.

Well actually, we don't have to do it here. There are some who just throw everything in the garbage, but it is very few who do this. The city provides the containers for recycling at no charge. All you have to do is throw it into the the recycling bin rather than the garbage. Most people in our community care about the environment and willingly participate. Funny thing that it's a heavily conservative area too.

Currently, we have a recycle bin for all recyclables. That includes plastics, paper, glass, aluminum, and anything else that is recyclable. They sort it all out at the recycling center, so we don't have to separate it. They pick it up every other week and we have a 96 gallon bin for everything. I can actually go a full month between pickups. It's easy to recycle everything and it makes sense. The rest goes in the garbage. I break all my boxes down so they don't take up much space. Before I recycled, I would have three full size garbage cans full of garbage every week. Now I only have one.

I find it humorous when people complain about having to separate things and all the extra work it takes them. Grow up and do what is right. It doesn't matter if you are liberal, moderate, or conservative, recycling makes sense for all kinds of reasons. Those who are against it fall in the "stupid" category.

What a statist moron.

You are laughable. I have an idea. If you don't like the rules that are set up by your local community when it comes to trash pick up, then pay for an outside service to pick yours up. Everyone has that option.

Let's rephrase the title of the OP from "New York’s ‘Food Recycling’ Program Could Be The Future Of Waste And Energy" to "New York's 'Food Recycling' Program Could Be A Waste of Time and Energy"

what a fucking crybaby. New yorks Waste Problems are vastly different from say Virgina or Ohio. They don't have the room to fuck around like other places does.
ITs fucking sad that people like you have a problem with things like this.
Take some responsibility for where you live, instead of being a fat slob.

Is the government gonna pay me for my time when and if they enact this level of waste seperation?

I Bill out at $120.00 per hour.

The most I've ever seen is two bins, one for paper and cardboard, and another for everything else. That picture is just to get people like you all riled up.

I cant be wrong from a hypothetical smart guy. It hasn't happened yet and your doubt is not proof. Understand?

Still can't admit your wrong. Its so cute when keyboard commandos get backed into a corner and try to weasel thier way out.

what a fucking crybaby. New yorks Waste Problems are vastly different from say Virgina or Ohio. They don't have the room to fuck around like other places does.
ITs fucking sad that people like you have a problem with things like this.
Take some responsibility for where you live, instead of being a fat slob.

Is the government gonna pay me for my time when and if they enact this level of waste seperation?

The most I've ever seen is two bins, one for paper and cardboard, and another for everything else. That picture is just to get people like you all riled up.

Well I got three right now. One for garbage, one for metals/plastics and one for paper/cardboard. Would be up to 4 with the composting thing.

YOU aren't the only person who has to live on this earth either or the consequences of your actions. You guys act as if you live in a bubble where all the trash you produce goes into another dimension never to be seen again.

Just because it's outta sight...

Thats a great point caption! Why dont you stop breathing and taking up all of the oxygen the rest of us can put to better use.

I have five.
Two rollies, one for reg garbage, one for green waste.
Newspapers.
Glass
Metal
Plastic

Sorry, six, I have six!

I have five.
Newspapers.
Glass
Metal
Plastic

Sorry, six, I have six!

Why not recycle instead of trashing our planet? Do you want to trash the planet???

Well I got three right now. One for garbage, one for metals/plastics and one for paper/cardboard. Would be up to 4 with the composting thing.

Throwing food into a landfill brings tons of maggots...We could use food to help power our cities.

I have five.
Newspapers.
Glass
Metal
Plastic

Sorry, six, I have six!

Why not recycle instead of trashing our planet? Do you want to trash the planet???

:confused: WTH do you think I'm doing?

Now this is cool!
Mount Trashmore Park - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Throwing food into a landfill brings tons of maggots...We could use food to help power our cities.

Where's your cost benefit analysis for that?

Still can't admit your wrong. Its so cute when keyboard commandos get backed into a corner and try to weasel thier way out.

Ya got me Marty. What corner am i in Marty? what was I wrong about? I'll take your deflection as a concession.

If New York recycles it will not affect the health of the planet. If the entire United States recycles it will not affect the health of the planet.

Anyone who thinks that recycling has any effect on the health of the planet is the kind of person who pees in the ocean expecting the sea level to rise.

Forum List

Back