New York "SAFE" act turning into a gun ban program...

Right? Who cares about rights? Not important at all

I guess that's what happens when the NRA is a whiny bitch, and refuses to join the conversation about reasonable restrictions to keep guns out of the hands of crazies. They get ignored. Grow up.
Criminals don’t obey laws. Shit for brains

There are laws against me tracking you down and butt fucking you until you pass out. If I was a criminal, I might ignore those laws. Are you for removing those laws too?

Who needs to remove the law, he'll just shoot your ass.......and aren't threats of a sexual nature banned on U.S.message?

Point out the threat.

You post this shit every time you get called out.There were 40 gun murders in the US on boxing day alone. Zero in the UK.
Are your precious guns so important to you that you ignore the damage that they do to your society ?

How many rapes, robberies, and murders happened in the UK that day?

I think you're intelligent enough to be willingly tapdancing around the truth.

Which makes you an even bigger douchebag.
There was a possible murder in London on Xmas eve. Cant find any others but I will keep looking.

North London murder victim named as Iuliana Tudos

Of course with it being the season of goodwill there will have been countless domestics up and down the country. However due to our sensible gun laws they did not result in tragic deaths.

However in the US an overcooked turkey results in a body count.

Incident | Gun Violence Archive

People have probably been shot in the US whilst I typed this.

And as predicted....the gun crime is filtering down to the teenagers in Britain....they will eventually begin to shoot to kill....

Top trauma surgeon reveals shocking extent of London’s gun crime

A leading trauma surgeon has told how the number of patients treated for gunshot injuries at a major London hospital has doubled in the last five years.

----

He said the hospital’s major trauma centre had seen a bigger rise in gunshot injuries compared to knife wounds and that the average age of victims was getting younger.

-----

Last year, gun crime offences in London increased for a third year running and by 42 per cent, from 1,793 offences in 2015/16 to 2,544 offences in 2016/17. Police have seized 635 guns off the streets so far this year.

Dr Griffiths, who also teaches medical students, said: “Our numbers of victims of gun injury have doubled [since 2012]. Gunshot injuries represent about 2.5 per cent of our penetrating trauma.

-----

Dr Griffiths said the average age of gun crime victims needing treatment at the hospital had decreased from 25 to the mid to late teens since 2012.

He added that medics at the Barts Health hospital’s major trauma centre in Whitechapel had seen a bigger rise in patients with gun injuries rather than knife wounds and that most were caused by pistols or shotguns.

Met Police commander Jim Stokley, who was also invited to speak at the meeting, said that handguns and shotguns were the weapons of choice and that 46 per cent of London’s gun crime discharges were gang-related.

He said: “We believe that a lot of it is associated with the drugs trade, and by that I mean people dealing drugs at street level and disagreements between different gangs.”
Yes. And at the current rate our gun crime will be the same as yours in about 80 years.

But, how can that be??? The UK has banned guns because they are so enlightened. And how can the drug trade be a mitigating factor in the UK, when it is used to slur all legal gun owners in the USA?

You post this shit every time you get called out.There were 40 gun murders in the US on boxing day alone. Zero in the UK.
Are your precious guns so important to you that you ignore the damage that they do to your society ?

There was a possible murder in London on Xmas eve. Cant find any others but I will keep looking.

Of course with it being the season of goodwill there will have been countless domestics up and down the country. However due to our sensible gun laws they did not result in tragic deaths.

And as predicted....the gun crime is filtering down to the teenagers in Britain....they will eventually begin to shoot to kill....

A leading trauma surgeon has told how the number of patients treated for gunshot injuries at a major London hospital has doubled in the last five years.

----

He said the hospital’s major trauma centre had seen a bigger rise in gunshot injuries compared to knife wounds and that the average age of victims was getting younger.

-----

Last year, gun crime offences in London increased for a third year running and by 42 per cent, from 1,793 offences in 2015/16 to 2,544 offences in 2016/17. Police have seized 635 guns off the streets so far this year.

Dr Griffiths, who also teaches medical students, said: “Our numbers of victims of gun injury have doubled [since 2012]. Gunshot injuries represent about 2.5 per cent of our penetrating trauma.

-----

Dr Griffiths said the average age of gun crime victims needing treatment at the hospital had decreased from 25 to the mid to late teens since 2012.

He added that medics at the Barts Health hospital’s major trauma centre in Whitechapel had seen a bigger rise in patients with gun injuries rather than knife wounds and that most were caused by pistols or shotguns.

Met Police commander Jim Stokley, who was also invited to speak at the meeting, said that handguns and shotguns were the weapons of choice and that 46 per cent of London’s gun crime discharges were gang-related.

He said: “We believe that a lot of it is associated with the drugs trade, and by that I mean people dealing drugs at street level and disagreements between different gangs.”
Yes. And at the current rate our gun crime will be the same as yours in about 80 years.

But, how can that be??? The UK has banned guns because they are so enlightened. And how can the drug trade be a mitigating factor in the UK, when it is used to slur all legal gun owners in the USA?

Imagine that. 80 years to catch up with us at their current rate.. We need to do what they are doing.

----

-----

-----

Imagine that. 80 years to catch up with us at their current rate.. We need to do what they are doing.

It won't be 80 years.....going into the 1960s our murder rate was also low....by the mid 1960s the violent crime wave had started and went all the way through the 1990s when states revised their open and concealed carry laws......violent crime can explode.....and since they are cutting police manpower, cutting police resources and putting politically correct policiies on their police...they have all the ingredients our democrats over here use to increase the violent crime rate...

I guess that's what happens when the NRA is a whiny bitch, and refuses to join the conversation about reasonable restrictions to keep guns out of the hands of crazies. They get ignored. Grow up.

There are no reasonable restrctions on guns. There may be reasonable restrictions on PEOPLE, but not on firearms.

Do you truly believe that gun owners will just hand over our firearms without a fight? Both CT and NY failed massively when they tried to get people to register their rifles. The American gun owner will not go quietly into the night. Not even in the Liberal bastion of NY.

----

-----

-----

It won't be 80 years.....going into the 1960s our murder rate was also low....by the mid 1960s the violent crime wave had started and went all the way through the 1990s when states revised their open and concealed carry laws......violent crime can explode.....and since they are cutting police manpower, cutting police resources and putting politically correct policiies on their police...they have all the ingredients our democrats over here use to increase the violent crime rate...

Whatever. Get back to me when they are anywhere close to killing as many as we do. Their results are much better than ours.Why don't we copy them

There are no reasonable restrctions on guns. There may be reasonable restrictions on PEOPLE, but not on firearms.

Do you truly believe that gun owners will just hand over our firearms without a fight? Both CT and NY failed massively when they tried to get people to register their rifles. The American gun owner will not go quietly into the night. Not even in the Liberal bastion of NY.

You're still nuts. Your opinion doesn't count.

[... Their results are much better than ours.Why don't we copy them

British citizens,have no legal right to self-defense or the private ownership of weapons. They never have had either.

That's the difference - we recognize both of those as personal rihhts here in the USA. Even if it means more deaths.

Apparently the OP didn't pay attention to the fact the SCOTUS refused to hear any challenges to the Heller case. That would be the case where it was decided that an individual has the right to keep a gun in the home for self defense. That same ruling where the majority opinion was issued by one Antonin Scalia, also gave rights to the state to prohibit the carrying of firearms either concealed or open, and to prohibit what they deemed unusal, or military style weapons, or their accessories.

More restrictions such as these will be coming and there is no place else for the ammosexuals to appeal to.

.More restrictions such as these will be coming and there is no place else for the ammosexuals to appeal to.

I answer to a higher authority than the US Government. Only thst authority can remove my right to self-ddfense by any means necessary.

Our Second Amendment is about what is necessary to the security of a free State, not self-defense.

Should gun lovers be required to muster to present Arms, every once in a while?

gun lovers should be required to have the "social support network" of their company and battalion commanders.

As a member of the common militia (all male citizens) I muster 6-8 times a month at a variety of locations for several different activities related to team ing and preparation.

As such, we have no general officers, like the National Guard does.

----

-----

-----

Whatever. Get back to me when they are anywhere close to killing as many as we do. Their results are much better than ours.Why don't we copy them

Their low gun murder rate has nothing to do with their gun control laws....as the fact that they now have more shootings than they did before the ban......

They had a low gun murder rate before the ban...do you understand that....then, after they banned guns, their gun murder rate went up...do you understand that? That means their gun confiscation and ban did not affect their gun murder rate...it did take guns away from people who didn't use them to commit gun murder......as that one meme states.....you guys want to take cars away from everyone because someone was caught driving drunk.....

Apparently the OP didn't pay attention to the fact the SCOTUS refused to hear any challenges to the Heller case. That would be the case where it was decided that an individual has the right to keep a gun in the home for self defense. That same ruling where the majority opinion was issued by one Antonin Scalia, also gave rights to the state to prohibit the carrying of firearms either concealed or open, and to prohibit what they deemed unusal, or military style weapons, or their accessories.

More restrictions such as these will be coming and there is no place else for the ammosexuals to appeal to.

Please.....go back and read Heller ........then read it again....

We think that Miller’s “ordinary military equipment” language must be read in tandem with what comes after: “[O]rdinarily when called for [militia] service [able-bodied] men were expected to appear bearing arms supplied by themselves and of the kind in common use at the time.” 307 U. S., at 179.

The traditional militia was formed from a pool of men bringing arms “in common use at the time” for lawful purposes like self-defense.

“In the colonial and revolutionary war era, [small-arms] weapons used by militiamen and weapons used in defense of person and home were one and the same.” State v. Kessler, 289 Ore. 359, 368, 614 P. 2d 94, 98 (1980) (citing G. Neumann, Swords and Blades of the American Revolution 6–15, 252–254 (1973)). Indeed, that is precisely the way in which the Secon

------

P.58

In Nunn v. State, the Georgia Supreme Court struck down a prohibition on carrying pistols openly (even though it upheld a prohibition on carrying concealed weapons).

See 1 Ga., at 251. In Andrews v. State, the Tennessee Supreme Court likewise held that a statute that forbade openly carrying a pistol “publicly or privately, without regard to time or place, or circumstances,” 50 Tenn., at 187, violated the state constitutional provision (which the court equated with the Second Amendment). That was so even though the statute did not restrict the carrying of long guns.

This is the ruling in Caetano...where military weapons were specifically addressed in response to a challenge to Heller...

I highlighted the really important part in relation to your dumb post...notice the wording....Heller specifically protects weapons used in war.........as long as they are in common use....

Caetano v. Massachusetts - Wikipedia

Opinion of the Court[edit]

In a per curiam decision, the Supreme Court vacated the ruling of the Massachusetts Supreme Judicial Court.[7] Citing District of Columbia v. Heller[8] and McDonald v. City of Chicago,[9] the Court began its opinion by stating that "the Second Amendment extends, prima facie, to all instruments that constitute bearable arms, even those that were not in existence at the time of the founding" and that "the Second Amendment right is fully applicable to the States".[6]

The Court then identified three reasons why the Massachusetts court's opinion contradicted prior rulings by the United States Supreme Court.[1] First, the Massachusetts court said that stun guns could be banned because they "were not in common use at the time of the Second Amendment’s enactment", but the Supreme Court noted that this contradicted Heller's conclusion that Second Amendment protects "arms ... that were not in existence at the time of the founding”.[10]

Second, the Massachusetts court said that stun guns were "dangerous per se at common law and unusual" because they were "a thoroughly modern invention", but the Supreme Court held that this was also inconstant with Heller.[11]

Third, the Massachusetts court said that stun guns could be banned because they were not "readily adaptable to use in the military", but the Supreme Court held that Heller rejected the argument that "only those weapons useful in warfare" were protected by the Second Amendment.[12]

Our Second Amendment is about what is necessary to the security of a free State, not self-defense.

Dipstick.....you really need to read Heller....

In numerous instances, “bear arms” was unambiguously used to refer to the carrying of weapons outside of an organized militia.

The most prominent examples are those most relevant to the Second Amendment: Nine state constitutional provisions written in the 18th century or the first two decades of the 19th, which enshrined a right of citizens to “bear arms in defense of themselves and the state” or “bear arms in defense of himself and the state.” 8

It is clear from those formulations that “bear arms” did not refer only to carry ing a weapon in an organized military unit.

Justice James Wilson interpreted the Pennsylvania Constitution’s armsbearing right, for example, as a recognition of the natural right of defense “of one’s person or house”—what he called the law of “self preservation.”

The only difference is who I'm defending myself from.
Should gun lovers be required to muster to present Arms, every once in a while?

gun lovers should be required to have the "social support network" of their company and battalion commanders.

Please...read Heller.....many times.....

From Heller....

There seems to us no doubt, on the basis of both text and history, that the Second Amendment conferred an individual right to keep and bear arms

Forum List

Back