New York State Calls For $15 Minimum Wage For Fast Food Workers

That is not how a business is run. I'm sure that you always choose the most expensive option when buying everything to insure that there is plenty of profit for the "working man". Most people don't. And by "schlub" I mean the idiot high school kid texting his girlfriend while handing me half of my order and telling me to have a good day.

Which is why most businesses fail.

Great news, every time the minimum wage goes up the economy gets a boost.

oh brother. so that little boost is worth 1000's losing their jobs after
that is warped and hurtful to the people in this country

Why would anyone lose their job? Employers have been increasing costs for decades. There aren't any good business persons that can't afford to pay $15.00/hr without raising costs.

Just Why Are The Unions Supporting A Rise In The Minimum Wage - Forbes
Why else would the unions be in favor of increasing the minimum wage when it's doubtful that any of their members work that cheap?

Looks to be a backdoor way for unions to get themselves a pay raise without renegotiating contracts.

Unlike you, Unions care about the American worker.
Actually, unions only care about union workers, and more specifically, those union workers' dues.
The higher a union worker's wage is, the more that the union can potentially receive as dues, especially if the dues are calculated as a percentage of wages.
The unions don't give a fig about any worker not in (or a potential recruit for) their union.

Seattle workers getting $15 are asking for fewer hours. Why? Income exceeds welfare guidelines and they're losing food stamps child care and housing. When are we going to elect a president to tell people to go fuck themselves? Maybe Trump will do it.

The sum of $15.00/hr isn't enough. Minimum wage should be $23.50/hr.

FYI: Each and every time Republicans vote on a new bill they're telling the middle class to go fuck themselves.
I get the feeling that you are an internet troll. One or two naive or simplistic views is possible but you are batting 1000. $15 is unsustainable without significant inflation. Look up the term "wage compression" and you will see what I have been trying to explain.

Seattle workers getting $15 are asking for fewer hours. Why? Income exceeds welfare guidelines and they're losing food stamps child care and housing. When are we going to elect a president to tell people to go fuck themselves? Maybe Trump will do it.

FYI: Each and every time Republicans vote on a new bill they're telling the middle class to go fuck themselves.
so you want to wipe out the middle class and 50% of working Americans will be making minimum wage Instead of 4% ????

What a retard.

I get the feeling that you are an internet troll. One or two naive or simplistic views is possible but you are batting 1000. $15 is unsustainable without significant inflation. Look up the term "wage compression" and you will see what I have been trying to explain.
He is a troll and been caught lying so many times, he has to be 18 years old

I saw earlier this week that some who are now making 15 dollars an hour in Seattle were asking for less hours because they are now making to much to keep their government assistance.

I might have missed this. I have several relatives in Seattle and 2 of them own a restaurant in that area. One of them is a sea food restaurant by Alaskan Way.
Can you help me where you got information? This puzzles me.

I saw earlier this week that some who are now making 15 dollars an hour in Seattle were asking for less hours because they are now making to much to keep their government assistance.

I might have missed this. I have several relatives in Seattle and 2 of them own a restaurant in that area. One of them is a sea food restaurant by Alaskan Way.
I saw the story on one of the cable news networks when I was flipping through the channels I don't remember which one sorry. I found a link will try and post it I don't have much luck trying to do that from my phone though.
Seattle s 15 Minimum Wage Law Just Came Back To Bite Them In A Totally Unexpected Way

I saw the story on one of the cable news networks when I was flipping through the channels I don't remember which one sorry. I found a link will try and post it I don't have much luck trying to do that from my phone though.
Seattle s 15 Minimum Wage Law Just Came Back To Bite Them In A Totally Unexpected Way

LOL From Fox News.
You are aware I hope that the increase are incremental. So far no one that they know had an automatic increase to $15.

LOL From Fox News.
You are aware I hope that the increase are incremental. So far no one that they know had an automatic increase to $15.
Do you have a source confirming that no one has had an automatic increase to $15 an hour?

LOL From Fox News.
Do you have a source confirming that no one has had an automatic increase to $15 an hour?

My relatives that own restaurants which I talked to them at noon today. Actually they laugh when I asked them this $15. min. wage. auto increase. You may want to google it. It is always been incremental.

Do you have any proofs for that? As far as I know only the prices get a boost every time the minimum wage goes up... Many people will lose their jobs, that's the only possible outcome...

Do you have any proofs for that? As far as I know only the prices get a boost every time the minimum wage goes up... Many people will lose their jobs, that's the only possible outcome...
I depends on how they measure the economy. By the same logic every Meth Head gets a "boost" from an 8ball but no one would argue it has lasting positive benefits. For a very short time spending will increase as all of the newly "rich" members of society spend their windfall on big screen TV's, xBoxes and badass stereo's for their financially upside down hooptie's. Then the economy will normalize and we are back to where we started. Only now instead of 4.3% at the bottom we have a new 42.4% at the bottom.

Minimum Wage Mythbusters - U.S. Department of Labor
All of the assertions in that document are un-cited and leave many questions unanswered. Currently 42.4% of all workers in the US make $15hr or less. Only 4.3% of workers earn minimum wage. If we raise the minimum to $15hr, there will be wage compression the likes of which we have never seen. Overnight we will have 42.4% of all workers in the country earning the minimum wage with nor correlating increase in production or skill. You can survey 3 of 5 business owners all you want, that's not a good situation. The market will normalize (inflation) and we will have mass poverty.

Forum List

Back