New York State Calls For $15 Minimum Wage For Fast Food Workers

New York State Calls For 15 Minimum Wage For Fast Food Workers
So now fast-food workers will be getting a double salary in New York. It's probably a good thing in short-term since burger flippers are highly underpaid. But I doubt employers are going to tolerate it for long. It will probably drive automation to increase efficiency and decrease the number of employees. Fast food workers would better search for another job.

That's not going to happen. Employers aren't going to go to robots or automation because they have to pay their employees a living wage.

My state has the highest minimum wage in the nation. It's required by a law we have here.

Guess what? No one lost jobs.

In King County where Seattle is, the unemployment rate is 3.3%. In Snohomish County which is right next to King County and has most of the Seattle suburbs, the unemployment rate is 3.6%.

Starting wages for fast food workers in my area is 11 dollars an hour. At least that's what McDonalds is paying. There are HELP WANTED and NOW HIRING signs everywhere. Not just fast food jobs but good jobs that pay good salaries and benefits.

High wages benefits everyone. Low wages benefits the top 1%.

What do you want for our nation? Everyone prospers or just a small 1% of the population?
15 minimum wage.jpg

Of course. these people on the left thinks they are doing good by FORCING COMPANIES to pay what wage they pulled from their ass. is supporting their OWN CHILDREN out of a job. it's disturbing.

Baby Boomers have screwed their own children by voting Republican.

I'm a baby boomer and have never voted for a republican or conservative in my life. Neither has most of the people I know.

No one is forced to work for anybody. Obama and the left are trying to change hat very constitutional dynamic, though.

So we're back to the 'If you don't like your employer get another one?'

That's right. You have no right to a job and that isn't up for debate.

Obama and the left are trying to make companies responsible by giving as much as they take.

Only a complete and total fuck tard would believe such a thing. The Democrats in D.C. are pocketing Wall Street money and giving them special favors behind closed doors just like the GOP. The Democrats were instrumental in the corrupt Wall Street bailout.

Who brought up 'right to a job?' The real question is whether employers have a responsibility to pay a living wage to the people that make them all of their monies. I say yes, and I walk the walk.

The necessity for a bailout was caused by irresponsible actions of Republicans and the financial sector which continue today. How many tens of millions have banks been fined in the last six years?

That has nothing to do with minimum wage.

The shlub working the drive thru at Taco Bell doesn't deserve $15hr. They can't get an order right 50% of the time.

The game is stacked by the hacks in Washington (both parties). I neither have the time nor the skill set to have an economic discussion with you.

Simply put, and back to my original assertion, you cant arbitrarily increase one wage without impacting the buying potential of everyone above that wage. Think of all of the tenured employees that currently make $15hr after years of hard work. You put them in the poor house in one night...

The schlub? How much do the 'schlubs' that make all of the money for Taco Bell be paid?

Simply put, balancing wage disparity ISN'T arbitrary, it's necessary for the benefit of American workers.

No one is forced to work for anybody. Obama and the left are trying to change hat very constitutional dynamic, though.

So we're back to the 'If you don't like your employer get another one?'

Obama and the left are trying to make companies responsible by giving as much as they take.
If obama wanted to help the middle class and the peasants he would abandon his energy policy and free up tens of thousands of dollars of spending money annually to every household.

Seattle workers getting $15 are asking for fewer hours. Why? Income exceeds welfare guidelines and they're losing food stamps child care and housing. When are we going to elect a president to tell people to go fuck themselves? Maybe Trump will do it.

Of course. these people on the left thinks they are doing good by FORCING COMPANIES to pay what wage they pulled from their ass. is supporting their OWN CHILDREN out of a job. it's disturbing.

Baby Boomers have screwed their own children by voting Republican.

I'm a baby boomer and have never voted for a republican or conservative in my life. Neither has most of the people I know.

Evidently, surrounded by dummies s0n!!!:2up:

Who brought up 'right to a job?' The real question is whether employers have a responsibility to pay a living wage to the people that make them all of their monies. I say yes, and I walk the walk.

No, they have no responsibility whatsoever, because as I already pointed out to you, you have no right to a job. Jobs exist as a byproduct of someone else's efforts to provide a good or service. They're obligated to pay the market rate.

The necessity for a bailout was caused by irresponsible actions of Republicans and the financial sector which continue today. How many tens of millions have banks been fined in the last six years?

There was no necessity to the bailout. You're yet another Marxist hypocrite who pisses and moans about the corruption of big business but gives it a pass when someone with a D next to their name props it up. Nothing you say it to be taken seriously as you are a complete and total fraud.

I saw earlier this week that some who are now making 15 dollars an hour in Seattle were asking for less hours because they are now making to much to keep their government assistance.
They'll just raise that threshold so the parasites can maintain their welfare. Then when they run out of money they'll all get high and blame bush. Then when they run out of pot...

That has nothing to do with minimum wage.

The shlub working the drive thru at Taco Bell doesn't deserve $15hr. They can't get an order right 50% of the time.

The game is stacked by the hacks in Washington (both parties). I neither have the time nor the skill set to have an economic discussion with you.

Simply put, and back to my original assertion, you cant arbitrarily increase one wage without impacting the buying potential of everyone above that wage. Think of all of the tenured employees that currently make $15hr after years of hard work. You put them in the poor house in one night...

The schlub? How much do the 'schlubs' that make all of the money for Taco Bell be paid?

Simply put, balancing wage disparity ISN'T arbitrary, it's necessary for the benefit of American workers.
That is not how a business is run. I'm sure that you always choose the most expensive option when buying everything to insure that there is plenty of profit for the "working man". Most people don't. And by "schlub" I mean the idiot high school kid texting his girlfriend while handing me half of my order and telling me to have a good day.

Dana, did you see the picture of the new and improved order takers that you, in your infinite wisdom, said would never happen???15 minimum wage.jpg

Seattle workers getting $15 are asking for fewer hours. Why? Income exceeds welfare guidelines and they're losing food stamps child care and housing. When are we going to elect a president to tell people to go fuck themselves? Maybe Trump will do it.

The sum of $15.00/hr isn't enough. Minimum wage should be $23.50/hr.

FYI: Each and every time Republicans vote on a new bill they're telling the middle class to go fuck themselves.

No, they have no responsibility whatsoever, because as I already pointed out to you, you have no right to a job. Jobs exist as a byproduct of someone else's efforts to provide a good or service. They're obligated to pay the market rate.

The market rate? Now workers are fish?

There was no necessity to the bailout. You're yet another Marxist hypocrite who pisses and moans about the corruption of big business but gives it a pass when someone with a D next to their name props it up. Nothing you say it to be taken seriously as you are a complete and total fraud.

Really? Care to guess what would have happened if AIG wasn't bailed out?

Forum List

Back