New York Times columnist warns America may be inadvertently dragged into direct war with Russia

America is already in a war with Russia, but wouldn't be dragged unwillingly in any case. America is carefully making decisions on how much it thinks it can be involved without upsetting the agreed upon limitations.

Even if Russia is pushed enough to use a tactical nuclear weapons on the Ukraine or a Nato country, America won't be dragged.

I would confidently estimate that America wouldn't attack Russia with nuclear weapons.

Don't be afraid of having the discussion folks.
Uh, no.

Tom Friedman is the guy who said we'd be out of Iraq in 6 months about 27 different times over many years.

That's why "one Friedman unit" is now known to mean "6 months".

And it's just one of many reasons why nobody with sense takes him seriously. It seems that only Putin's patsies here are listening to him. They really, really want their their white supremacist fascist hero to enslave Ukraine.

Oh fucking please! Go post somewhere else if you're going to be such a dick!

America is already in a war with Russia, but wouldn't be dragged unwillingly in any case. America is carefully making decisions on how much it thinks it can be involved without upsetting the agreed upon limitations.

Even if Russia is pushed enough to use a tactical nuclear weapons on the Ukraine or a Nato country, America won't be dragged.

I would confidently estimate that America wouldn't attack Russia with nuclear weapons.

Don't be afraid of having the discussion folks.
If they attact NATO Countries, I would be highly in favor of honoring our treaty commitment and coming to their aide and defense, as NATO supported us when attacked. What kind of cut and run coward are you? Look, lil guy. Just keep your head down and go about your life. You will be fine if it comes to pass.

Investigate and prosecute then. That thing about not being prosecutable while in office was just an opinion by the Justice Department under the Trump administration to save Donny from being bothered. The constitution does not say it and the Supreme Court has never ruled on it. Go for it, big guy!

Imagine if the democrat Reich were subject to the laws that are used to club commoners into submission..

Regardless though, you made the abysmally stupid claim that Quid Pro has "done everything right" with Ukraine.

Sycophants gunna sycophant...

If they attact NATO Countries, I would be highly in favor of honoring our treaty commitment and coming to their aide and defense, as NATO supported us when attacked. What kind of cut and run coward are you? Look, lil guy. Just keep your head down and go about your life. You will be fine if it comes to pass.

When did NATO support us when attacked?

I must have missed that...

Imagine if the democrat Reich were subject to the laws that are used to club commoners into submission..

Regardless though, you made the abysmally stupid claim that Quid Pro has "done everything right" with Ukraine.

Sycophants gunna sycophant...
There is no democrat Reich, so hard to imagine. Have seen no commoners clubbed into submission to support a war, since the 60s.
He spoke up and sounded the alarm based on intelligence including sat pics. It came about just as predicted. He rallied NATO to it's own defense, like no other president in memory, with them jumping to send supplies to the embattled Ukraine, trying to stand against invasion. He rallied the people at home to support his actions, to the point the people actually supported rejection of Russian Oil, even if it would make prices rise here. He ok'd material support, but rejected sending planes from American bases in Germany, or troops (period) so far. He has supplied (along with NATO nations) state-of-the-art technology to thwart the Russian advantage of having the largest military on that continent with many times the equipment and troops at its disposal. As a retired Cold Warrior of the American Military I salute the job he has done up to now.

When did NATO support us when attacked?

I must have missed that...
1652051762077.png

Go hide your basement soy boy. You do not care about right and wrong, freedom vs tyranny, basically sounding like a go along to get along trump supporter, if not outright trumpian Putin supporter. I'm not. Most Americans are not.
Please... telling it as it is does not make one a "Putin supporter" if that's all you got maybe you need to rethink your position....
If Trump hadn't had his second term stolen this war would not be going on right now... It would have never started.... So go crawl back in your hole... Stupid ass Biden voter.....

Please... telling it as it is does not make one a "Putin supporter" if that's all you got maybe you need to rethink your position....
If Trump hadn't had his second term stolen this war would not be going on right now... It would have never started.... So go crawl back in your hole... Stupid ass Biden voter.....
Nah. Haven't rethought my position on Russian goals and strategies since I was an Armor Officer in 1980. So far, it has proved accurate. Their tactics do not work as expected. Of course, their execution has proven to be piss poor on a daily basis. Try not to shiver in fear, publicly. It is embarrassing to normal Americans.

Nah. Haven't rethought my position on Russian goals and strategies since I was an Armor Officer in 1980. So far, it has proved accurate. Their tactics do not work as expected. Of course, their execution has proven to be piss poor on a daily basis. Try not to shiver in fear, publicly. It is embarrassing to normal Americans.
:cuckoo:....

There is no democrat Reich, so hard to imagine.

laughing-emoji-9.gif

Have seen no commoners clubbed into submission to support a war, since the 60s.

Ah, because your position is indefensible, you'll argue that water is in no way wet. :thup:

He spoke up and sounded the alarm based on intelligence including sat pics. It came about just as predicted.

No one needed Quid Pro to sound any alarms, what Ivan was doing was well known.

He rallied NATO to it's own defense, like no other president in memory, with them jumping to send supplies to the embattled Ukraine, trying to stand against invasion.

We're talking Bought and Paid for Biden, not Trump.

Try and keep up.

He rallied the people at home to support his actions, to the point the people actually supported rejection of Russian Oil, even if it would make prices rise here.

Oil started rising the day Quid Pro shut down domestic production in order to rescue the Russian and Iranian economies, which were in tatters because Trump had made America energy independent.

Putin used the funds gained from Quid Pro's war on America to fund his Ukraine invasion.

He ok'd material support, but rejected sending planes from American bases in Germany, or troops (period) so far. He has supplied (along with NATO nations) state-of-the-art technology to thwart the Russian advantage of having the largest military on that continent with many times the equipment and troops at its disposal. As a retired Cold Warrior of the American Military I salute the job he has done up to now.

Isn't it funny that every single time Putin has invaded Ukraine, the guy Putin's been paying bribes to for 40 years happens to be in the White House?

Germany sent Javelin anti-tank systems weeks before Quid Pro was finally humiliated into following the lead of the Europeans.

But hey, Quid Pro is a crook, not a leader.

"Inadvertently"? What does that mean in a political sense? My guess is that the NYT doesn't trust the doddering old fool in the W.H. any more than anyone else.

If they attact NATO Countries, I would be highly in favor of honoring our treaty commitment and coming to their aide and defense, as NATO supported us when attacked.
I think you're contemplating the possibilities if Russia resorts to a tactical nuclear weapon. But you're still avoiding the question of Russia using a nuclear weapon on the Ukraine, which would be the most likely of possibilities.

As to Russia using a nuke on Poland or one of the surrounding Nato countries, your military mindset has to be suggesting that MAD is not inevitable.

My opinion remains, that the use of a tactical nuclear weapon that doesn't violate the mutually agreed upon rules of the war, would not trigger a full scale nuclear war.

Does America have an option for the use of a tactical nuclear weapon?

Does Russia have an option for the use of a tactical nuclear weapon?

These are questions in a discussion that propagandists would rather not be asked.

Are you of the opinion that MAD isn't inevitable? Your anger seems to be taking this conversation between us to a new level. That's telling.

I think you're contemplating the possibilities if Russia resorts to a tactical nuclear weapon. But you're still avoiding the question of Russia using a nuclear weapon on the Ukraine, which would be the most likely of possibilities.

As to Russia using a nuke on Poland or one of the surrounding Nato countries, your military mindset has to be suggesting that MAD is not inevitable.

My opinion remains, that the use of a tactical nuclear weapon that doesn't violate the mutually agreed upon rules of the war, would not trigger a full scale nuclear war.

Does America have an option for the use of a tactical nuclear weapon?

Does Russia have an option for the use of a tactical nuclear weapon?

These are questions in a discussion that propagandists would rather not be asked.

Are you of the opinion that MAD isn't inevitable? Your anger seems to be taking this conversation between us to a new level. That's telling.
If he goes MAD then dont worry. Its over then and there is nothing to do about it but say fuck humanity had a nice ride.

Your Fear Mongering and Putins Fear Mongering are getting old. Its in his hands ig he wants the world to end.

Then nothing matters amymote anyway

If he goes MAD then dont worry. Its over then and there is nothing to do about it but say fuck humanity had a nice ride.

Your Fear Mongering and Putins Fear Mongering are getting old. Its in his hands ig he wants the world to end.

Then nothing matters amymote anyway
If he goes MAD?

You don't even understand the questions posed by this discussion. Or is a military mindset blacking it out of your head. Get with the discussion or be ignored again.

Forum List

Back