New York to House 2,000 Migrants at Historic Floyd Bennett Airfield

We were a rising nation. If you went to a city what was built was done a lot cheaper. We are living off of infrastructure built in those eras. And either kept modernized or left to decay.

We still are.

No the airport doesn't count. Kind of like what Hilary says about the center of the country.
Airport? Assume much?

I've been to San Diego and Tijuana, El Paso and Juarez. You?

You are in VA and you haven't got a clue about your real estate market OR how coyotes work.
So you are NOT in VA (at least my part) and you know more about VA real estate than I do. Assume much?

Airport? Assume much?

So you are NOT in VA (at least my part) and you know more about VA real estate than I do. Assume much?
I spent 56 years in every southern border state. Went to school in El Paso and Las Cruces, NM. I've been in Matamoros, Juarez, Palomas, Nogales, Algodones, and Tijuana as well as Ensenada, Cabo San Lucas, Valladolid, Guadalajara, Acapulco, Huatulco, Playa Del Carmen, Mexico City, and Puerto Vallarta. Yeah, I know about our southern border and Mexico and the way coyotes work so just shut your ignorant pie hole.

Airport? Assume much?

I think your local media has a better grasp on the real estate market than you do. If you are under the mistaken impression that interest rates don't have a negative impact on ALL real estate sales, you are delusional.

Airport? Assume much?

I’m in NoVA, and I know that the areas near DC are so full of overpaid government employees that we are the richest counties in the country, and that is what is keeping house prices up.

Middle America is hurting bad due to Biden’s policies. Government employees are protected by all that, which is why they can vote for Dems.

I spent 56 years in every southern border state. Went to school in El Paso and Las Cruces, NM. I've been in Matamoros, Juarez, Palomas, Nogales, Algodones, and Tijuana as well as Ensenada, Cabo San Lucas, Valladolid, Guadalajara, Acapulco, Huatulco, Playa Del Carmen, Mexico City, and Puerto Vallarta. Yeah, I know about our southern border and Mexico and the way coyotes work so just shut your ignorant pie hole.
Impressive that you lived in the southern border states for 1/2 a century and still know more about VA real estate than a VA home owner does! And I've lived and owned homes here for decades.

Impressive that you lived in the southern border states for 1/2 a century and still know more about VA real estate than a VA home owner does! And I've lived and owned homes here for decades.
Gee, lived and owned there for decades and you still don't understand real estate markets. Impressive.

I think your local media has a better grasp on the real estate market than you do. If you are under the mistaken impression that interest rates don't have a negative impact on ALL real estate sales, you are delusional.
I live here so I think I read my local media far more diligently than someone who doesn't live here. People who buy houses know that interest rates will fluctuate. I've refinanced my mortgage 3 times since I've lived in this house.

I’m in NoVA, and I know that the areas near DC are so full of overpaid government employees that we are the richest counties in the country, and that is what is keeping house prices up.
In case you care about actual facts rather than personal anecdotes:

The truth is that multiple credible studies show federal employees are woefully underpaid relative to what they could earn in the private sector for similar work.​
According to the most recent pay surveys from the Labor Department, federal workers’ base pay is 52 percent less than similar private sector workers. Locality payments, which vary by location and are paid on top of base salaries, have helped to shrink the pay gap incrementally since they were introduced in the early 1990s. Yet even after factoring in these locality payments, federal employees still earn about 22.5% percent less today than employees outside the federal government doing similar jobs.​
Middle America is hurting bad due to Biden’s policies. Government employees are protected by all that, which is why they can vote for Dems.
Middle America has been hurting for decades. Rust Belt

In case you care about actual facts rather than personal anecdotes:

The truth is that multiple credible studies show federal employees are woefully underpaid relative to what they could earn in the private sector for similar work.​
According to the most recent pay surveys from the Labor Department, federal workers’ base pay is 52 percent less than similar private sector workers. Locality payments, which vary by location and are paid on top of base salaries, have helped to shrink the pay gap incrementally since they were introduced in the early 1990s. Yet even after factoring in these locality payments, federal employees still earn about 22.5% percent less today than employees outside the federal government doing similar jobs.​

Middle America has been hurting for decades. Rust Belt
Government employees are significantly overpaid compared to private sector. When you add in the average value of benefits ($41,000 for feds vs $12,000 for private), the gap is even greater.

You rarely find a government employee, other than GS15 and up, who leaves for a private sector job.

Forum List

Back