New Zealand man Shoots up government office with shotgun...but, that only happens here...right?

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
yep......a guy in New Zealand shoots woman at her place of work........anyone hear about this in the states?

NZ Shotgun Murder Highlights Need for Armed Self-Defense - The Truth About Guns

ohn Tully is on trial for the murders of Peggy Turuhira Noble and Susan Leigh Cleveland and the attempted murder of Lindy Louise Curtis and Kim Elizabeth Adams, in a shotgun shooting at the Ashburton Work and Income NZ office on September 1, 2014.

yep......a guy in New Zealand shoots woman at her place of work........anyone hear about this in the states?

ohn Tully is on trial for the murders of Peggy Turuhira Noble and Susan Leigh Cleveland and the attempted murder of Lindy Louise Curtis and Kim Elizabeth Adams, in a shotgun shooting at the Ashburton Work and Income NZ office on September 1, 2014.

we have one for almost every day of the year...

how many did they have there?

:cuckoo:

What's the murder rate in New Zealand again?

doesn't matter....this shows that the only reason it isn't higher is that their nuts choose not to do it....this story shows that if they choose to shoot up a government office they can do so........

The actual question...the important question...why do American nuts do it more......?

Will this shooting mean more are going to happen as this gets publicized?

doesn't matter....this shows that the only reason it isn't higher is that their nuts choose not to do it....this story shows that if they choose to shoot up a government office they can do so........

The actual question...the important question...why do American nuts do it more......?

What is it? Why don't you ever answer me when I ask that?

we have one for almost every day of the year...

how many did they have there?

:cuckoo:

that is a lie......you really need to stop reading the anti gun loon sites...they make up stats because the truth doesn't support their hatred of guns.

"doesn't matter....this shows that the only reason it isn't higher is that their nuts choose not to do it....this story shows that if they choose to shoot up a government office they can do so........"
I'd be interested in how you reached that conclusion.

"The actual question...the important question...why do American nuts do it more......?"
If that's true, and you're saying that Americans are inherently more violent...then why would you want any of them to have guns?

because it isn't important.....the point you nuts cling to is that these things don't happen because thy have gun control.......

the tr

Because it isn't important......the actual issue is wether or not gun control keeps these things from happening in Europe or Australia or New Zealand....and this case shows that gun control does not stop them.

The only reason they don't have more mass shootings...again, is their nuts don't do it as often.......just like in Australia, they have had shootings that could have been mass shootings...like the two muslim shooters last year....who simply didn't kill more peole because they didn't choose to...since they had access to illegal guns...as immigrants to Australia.......the guy at the coffee shop .....just didn't kill people he held them hostage, nothing stopped him from murdering more people except his choices...

Dittos the 15 year old muslim boy who shot the police worker...with the illegal gun....he could have simply walked into a school, a theater, or a mall and killed more people...what stopped him.....he chose to shoot the police worker and not other people.....

Your whole point is irrelevant....since these guys could have killed more...they chose not to.......gun control played no part in stopping those shootings from becoming mass shootings...

I have listed the shootings in Australia that could very easily have been mass shootings.....there are a lot of them....and the only thing that stopped them....the shooter chose not to shoot more people...

Dumb luck is not gun control....

because it isn't important.....the point you nuts cling to is that these things don't happen because thy have gun control.......

the tr

Because it isn't important......the actual issue is wether or not gun control keeps these things from happening in Europe or Australia or New Zealand....and this case shows that gun control does not stop them.

The only reason they don't have more mass shootings...again, is their nuts don't do it as often.......just like in Australia, they have had shootings that could have been mass shootings...like the two muslim shooters last year....who simply didn't kill more peole because they didn't choose to...since they had access to illegal guns...as immigrants to Australia.......the guy at the coffee shop .....just didn't kill people he held them hostage, nothing stopped him from murdering more people except his choices...

Dittos the 15 year old muslim boy who shot the police worker...with the illegal gun....he could have simply walked into a school, a theater, or a mall and killed more people...what stopped him.....he chose to shoot the police worker and not other people.....

Your whole point is irrelevant....since these guys could have killed more...they chose not to.......gun control played no part in stopping those shootings from becoming mass shootings...

I have listed the shootings in Australia that could very easily have been mass shootings.....there are a lot of them....and the only thing that stopped them....the shooter chose not to shoot more people...

"Dumb luck is not gun control..."
True...they've been lucky all right.
In fact, they've been even luckier since they brought in their new gun regulations back in 1996...damn lucky!

"doesn't matter....this shows that the only reason it isn't higher is that their nuts choose not to do it....this story shows that if they choose to shoot up a government office they can do so........"

"The actual question...the important question...why do American nuts do it more......?"
If that's true, and you're saying that Americans are inherently more violent...then why would you want any of them to have guns?

Wrong again......Americans are not more violent....our criminal subculture is more prone to murder.....and they are already kept from owning or carrying guns......and just like here in New Zealand....those laws don't stop criminals....

there were 8,124 gun murders in 2014.......

90% of the killers had criminal records and histories of violence.......but there are over 320 million Americans in the United States....

so....8,124 gun murders = less than 8,124 killers, since many of these are one killer shooting several people...

So can you tell me which number is bigger....

320,000,000 million people vs. less than 8,124 killers with guns?

So no...Americans are not more prone to violence....our criminal subculure is........and the thing is.....the criminals in these other cultures are becoming more violent....

Britain is arming more of their police...and their gun crime rate is up 4%......gun crime in Australia is going up....and the people carrying guns are younger and more prone to use them.......

What are you going to say when the levels of gun violence in these countries keeps going up......?

the tr

In fact, they've been even luckier since they brought in their new gun regulations back in 1996...damn lucky!

Wrong...this is New Zealand ...not Australia...

And you haven't been following the news.....gun crime is going up in Australia.....not down....gun ownership is back to the levels it was at before the confiscation......

They have seen more gun crime than they have seen in a long time...so tell me how that is possible....since they confiscated guns?

What are you going to say when their nuts get media crazy and start shooting for the cameras and the 24/7 news coverage...or when their criminals decide to start murdering each other more......?

Wrong again......Americans are not more violent....our criminal subculture is more prone to murder.....and they are already kept from owning or carrying guns......and just like here in New Zealand....those laws don't stop criminals....

90% of the killers had criminal records and histories of violence.......but there are over 320 million Americans in the United States....

so....8,124 gun murders = less than 8,124 killers, since many of these are one killer shooting several people...

So no...Americans are not more prone to violence....our criminal subculure is........and the thing is.....the criminals in these other cultures are becoming more violent....

Britain is arming more of their police...and their gun crime rate is up 4%......gun crime in Australia is going up....and the people carrying guns are younger and more prone to use them.......

What are you going to say when the levels of gun violence in these countries keeps going up......?
You're the one that said that Americans are more violent...not me.
So why would you want them to have guns?

the tr

And you haven't been following the news.....gun crime is going up in Australia.....not down....gun ownership is back to the levels it was at before the confiscation......

They have seen more gun crime than they have seen in a long time...so tell me how that is possible....since they confiscated guns?

What are you going to say when their nuts get media crazy and start shooting for the cameras and the 24/7 news coverage...or when their criminals decide to start murdering each other more......?
Hmm....

"gun crime is going up in Australia..." & "gun ownership is back to the levels it was at before the confiscation..."

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM....................

the tr

You're the one that brought up Australia has been relying on nothing but dumb luck for their low gun-related deaths.
Can't you follow your own argument?

Well...let's crank up the old Wikipedia shall we?

Hmmm...it says here that in 2013 the firearm-related homicide rate in the US was 3.55 per 100,000 people.

Now...just a bit of scroll down the table...oops have to scroll down some more...more...even more...ah, there it is...0.16 per 100,000 people.

List of countries by firearm-related death rate - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Yes.....notice how they use the term "Fire arm related homicide...."

The reason they use that phrase is so they can hide the truth........by using homicide they get to include suicides.......and that is how they lie....

in 2014 there were only 8,124 gun murders.........committed by career criminals murdering other career criminals for the most part in tiny areas of our inner cities.....

that means 319,991,976 million people did not use guns to murder people........

Can you tell which number is bigger?

Also.....Americans now carry guns for self defense....13 million Americans...and our gun murder rate has gone down....

Australia...confiscated guns...and now their gun crime rate is on the rise....

Care to explain that?

Hmmm...it says here that in 2013 the firearm-related homicide rate in the US was 3.55 per 100,000 people.

Now...just a bit of scroll down the table...oops have to scroll down some more...more...even more...ah, there it is...0.16 per 100,000 people.

List of countries by firearm-related death rate - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The reason they use that phrase is so they can hide the truth........by using homicide they get to include suicides.......and that is how they lie....

in 2014 there were only 8,124 gun murders.........committed by career criminals murdering other career criminals for the most part in tiny areas of our inner cities.....

Also.....Americans now carry guns for self defense....13 million Americans...and our gun murder rate has gone down....

Care to explain that?
Just to be helpful I'll post this.
the definition of homicide

and this
the definition of suicide

Never said it, never posted it......I have always pointed out to you anti gun loons that our criminal sub culture murders each other more often......

And I have said that their criminals are getting more violent....what are you going to say when their gun crime rate goes up...after the confiscation?

Care to explain that?
Just to be helpful I'll post this.
the definition of homicide

and this
the definition of suicide

You should explain it to the ones posting the article...they don't understand the difference.....

Never said it, never posted it......I have always pointed out to you anti gun loons that our criminal sub culture murders each other more often......

And I have said that their criminals are getting more violent....what are you going to say when their gun crime rate goes up...after the confiscation?
You never said this?
"this shows that the only reason it isn't higher is that their nuts choose not to do it....this story shows that if they choose to shoot up a government office they can do so........

The actual question...the important question...why do American nuts do it more......?"

Forum List

Back