Newly released dashcam footage shows Sandra Bland's arrest before she was found dead in jail

She shouldn't have been in there for three days that's my point.... It don't seem right all over what started from not using a turn signal.

She didn't have a gun on her

She didn't have drugs on her

She didn't have a warrant...

So what the Fuck?

Now a death sentence in America = not using a turn signal?
since she hung herself, I can hardly call this a death sentence. It was more like a public service on her part.
you think that is clever bitch?

Ever hear of due process?

Hell in 1984 when I got thrown in a cook county clinc for my one and only D.U.I. my girlfriend bailed me out for a $100 bucks under two hours.
I didnt see where she was denied bail. They can hold for up to 24 hours with no charge.
The reality was she was given a $5000.00 bail, that means that the family would have only had to come up with $500.00 to get her out that night. They failed her. What due process was she denied?
The county was on a fixed bail system, this means that her bail was set the same it would have been for anyone under the same situation.
She was afforded due process, because her family didnt care enough to come up with the 500, its not the counties fault.
I dont think I know anyone that couldnt find 500 if they had to.

since she hung herself, I can hardly call this a death sentence. It was more like a public service on her part.

Hell in 1984 when I got thrown in a cook county clinc for my one and only D.U.I. my girlfriend bailed me out for a $100 bucks under two hours.
I didnt see where she was denied bail. They can hold for up to 24 hours with no charge.
The reality was she was given a $5000.00 bail, that means that the family would have only had to come up with $500.00 to get her out that night. They failed her. What due process was she denied?
The county was on a fixed bail system, this means that her bail was set the same it would have been for anyone under the same situation.
She was afforded due process, because her family didnt care enough to come up with the 500, its not the counties fault.

Informative, I never bothered to read the story, $500,000 bail for a misdemeanor?

You have a link for that bail? Going to order a pizza, crash have to be up in 8 hours.

Informative, I never bothered to read the story, $500,000 bail for a misdemeanor?
you didnt bother to read my post either, 5000 and 500,000 are fairly different numbers.
never mind, you posted your correction while I was posting my response.

as far as a misdemeanor in Texas
Here is how their law reads for assault
If you commit an aggravated assault against someone with whom you have a domestic relationship, or against a public official, police officer, emergency worker, security guard, witness, or informant, the charge becomes a 1st degree felony, with penalties of 5 years to life in prison [/B]

as far as a misdemeanor in Texas
Here is how their law reads for assault
If you commit an aggravated assault against someone with whom you have a domestic relationship, or against a public official, police officer, emergency worker, security guard, witness, or informant, the charge becomes a 1st degree felony, with penalties of 5 years to life in prison [/B]
I just saw on the video she was resisting arrest....she was a girl the cop was a guy.bigger and stronger than her. She felt threatened and probably embarrassed why is it happening to her.

Mary she had a lot going for her, yea we know she posted her problems online.....

But to lose her life over it?

She shouldn't have been locked up for three days.

She shouldn't have been in there for three days that's my point.... It don't seem right all over what started from not using a turn signal.

She didn't have a gun on her

She didn't have drugs on her

She didn't have a warrant...

So what the Fuck?

So she's not responsible for any of her actions?

Are you really ate up with the dumbass that you believe that?

She stayed in jail because neither she nor her family had the five hundred dollars needed to post bail.

The turn signal wasn't the catalyst for her trip to the pokey, she was going to get a warning citation for that. No she had to be an asshole, disobeying lawful orders then resisted arrest which resulted in her charge of assault. No I know you idiot liberals think she's a black woman getting harassed by a white cop while you dismiss the obvious.

You people are so stupid it's comical.

And that is okay?

Quick question, does the right to be an asshole to anyone who treats you like an asshole extend to workers at the DMV, or Social Security office as well?

Sure, why not?

Do unto others.

And doesn't your employer have the right to fire you if you employ the "I'll be an asshole to whomever treats me like an asshole (whether or not I just imagine it or not)"? If so, lets not hear from you when the cop is shown the door in the very near future. Okay?
So, police are supposed to just take whatever it is that they get without ever losing their temper? are they not human? Have you ever been pissed off at work (assuming you work, you are liberal so thats in question) Do you think it would be justified if you finally had enough from a mouthy co-worker or boss and you expressed your feelings only to be fired? that would be ok with you?

Yes. Police are required to act according to their training no matter how any one else behaves. It is a job requirement that they are well aware of when they hire out. Take away their gun and ability to arrest people, and they might be able to use lower standards, but the power they are given requires professional behavior.

He did act accordingly, he has the discretion of writing her a warning ticket or not, it wasn't until she started disobeying lawful orders that things escalated. All she had to do was put out her cigarette when asked. But no, she had to be an asshole. Then when asked to step out of the car, which is a lawful order, she doubled down on being an asshole.

Requesting that someone do something is not an order.

Mary she had a lot going for her, yea we know she posted her problems online.....

But to lose her life over it?

She shouldn't have been locked up for three days.

Get off the "she shouldn't have been locked up for three days" crap. She was there for three days because she couldn't come up with the money for her bail. There are people in jail for months, even years awaiting trial because they can't post bail. Stop being so damn ridiculous.

Sure, why not?

Do unto others.

And doesn't your employer have the right to fire you if you employ the "I'll be an asshole to whomever treats me like an asshole (whether or not I just imagine it or not)"? If so, lets not hear from you when the cop is shown the door in the very near future. Okay?
So, police are supposed to just take whatever it is that they get without ever losing their temper? are they not human? Have you ever been pissed off at work (assuming you work, you are liberal so thats in question) Do you think it would be justified if you finally had enough from a mouthy co-worker or boss and you expressed your feelings only to be fired? that would be ok with you?

Yes. Police are required to act according to their training no matter how any one else behaves. It is a job requirement that they are well aware of when they hire out. Take away their gun and ability to arrest people, and they might be able to use lower standards, but the power they are given requires professional behavior.

He did act accordingly, he has the discretion of writing her a warning ticket or not, it wasn't until she started disobeying lawful orders that things escalated. All she had to do was put out her cigarette when asked. But no, she had to be an asshole. Then when asked to step out of the car, which is a lawful order, she doubled down on being an asshole.

correct, but its to polite way to start the order.
ask nice, when the ignorant bitch mouths off about it, then it becomes an order.
See how that works?
If she just tried to act human for a few moments, she would have had a warning and none of us would have heard about it.

Sure, why not?

Do unto others.

Asking the person out of a vehicle is a lawful order numbnuts.

You need to look up the difference between a request and an order.

Dude, he asked her, then he told her. She refused both times.

Get your head out of your liberal ass and THINK!!!

I rated that post as funny because you asked a liberal to think.

Believe what you want. I guess it's just one of those things. Dogs can't see the color red, and right wingers can't see anything that disagrees with their preconceived notions, even when it is plain to normal people.

Forum List

Back