Newly released dashcam footage shows Sandra Bland's arrest before she was found dead in jail

What do you mean "what law?" A lawful order is any order that is not illegal. there are only 2 states: lawful order or unlawful order. Ordering someone to perform a sex act would be an unlawful order. "put out that cigarette" does not violate any laws and is therefore lawful.

Exactly, therefore not putting out your cigarette is not a violation of any law. For example: If a cop said put your finger in your ear and you dont, is that grounds for arrest?

She was arrested for assaulting a police officer. She was initially going to be arrested for improper lane change, but why bother once she committed assault?

Ok, again, he was asked why was she being asked out the car and no reason was given, she asked what she was being arrested for and no reason was given and AFTER he roughed her up while in handcuffs THEN she was charged with resisting.

What do you mean "what law?" A lawful order is any order that is not illegal. there are only 2 states: lawful order or unlawful order. Ordering someone to perform a sex act would be an unlawful order. "put out that cigarette" does not violate any laws and is therefore lawful.

Exactly, therefore not putting out your cigarette is not a violation of any law. '
ummm how do you say "exactly" as if you're agreeing with what I said and then directly contradict it? It is not illegal to instruct someone to put out her cigarette. Therefore it is not an unlawful order and therefore it is lawful.

She was arrested for assaulting a police officer. She was initially going to be arrested for improper lane change, but why bother once she committed assault?

Ok, again, he was asked why was she being asked out the car and no reason was given, she asked what she was being arrested for and no reason was given and AFTER he roughed her up while in handcuffs THEN she was charged with resisting.
She was never charged with resisting. She was charged with assault. He didn't have to give her a reason, and he told her that she was no longer being given a warning (for the traffic violation) but was going to jail for it. He didn't explicitly say it, but what other reason was there? Or are you saying she violated some other law at that point?

It is not illegal to instruct someone to put out her cigarette. Therefore it is not an unlawful order and therefore it is lawful.

Again, so if an Officer says to stick your finger in your ear, that is a lawful order that can result in arrest?

He didn't have to give her a reason, and he told her that she was no longer being given a warning (for the traffic violation) but was going to jail for it. He didn't explicitly say it,

Exactly, he didnt say, not only did he didnt say that he didnt charge her with it. So if he didnt say it, and didnt charge her with it that would show you that wasnt a reason and you made it up with an assumption.

There was no probable cause for her to step out of the vehicle either. He charged her with assault ONLY AFTER she was cuffed and he slammed her. Prior to that he never gave any reason for arrest in the first place.

Did you watch the video? I mean, if you have to make up assumptions and its not on the tape then something is wrong

It is not illegal to instruct someone to put out her cigarette. Therefore it is not an unlawful order and therefore it is lawful.

Again, so if an Officer says to stick your finger in your ear, that is a lawful order that can result in arrest?
Yes.

He didn't have to give her a reason, and he told her that she was no longer being given a warning (for the traffic violation) but was going to jail for it. He didn't explicitly say it,

Exactly, he didnt say, not only did he didnt say that he didnt charge her with it. So if he didnt say it, and didnt charge her with it that would show you that wasnt a reason and you made it up with an assumption.[/quote] No, I think it was clear without having to be said explicitly. Once she assaulted him, there was no point in charging her with the traffic violation.

There was no probable cause for her to step out of the vehicle either. [/qutoe]
Show me where probable cause is necessary to ask someone to step from the vehicle.

He charged her with assault ONLY AFTER she was cuffed and he slammed her. Prior to that he never gave any reason for arrest in the first place.
Again, he didn't have to .

The entire video has been released unedited on youtube. So lets go through the steps here:

1. Pulled over for illegal lane change or no signal
2. Asked why she was "irratated" and she told him
3. Cop was irritated and told her to put out cigarette
4. She declined saying "Its my car"
5. Cop says get out the car because now she is under arrest

From there he cuffs her and leads her one direction, then says to move to another location over and over. Then when they are off camera both arent saying anything until she says "You're about to break my wrist" (Only 4 pounds of pressure is required to break a wrist) and AFTER THAT he considers her pain avoidance as benig "resisting" and says it several times.

She was slammed to the ground and arrested for resisting arrest. Which is weird since you have to be arrested for something before you can resist.

Yes.
What is illegal about it, then?
My bad I didnt realize I was talking to an idiot. I suspected but now you just confirmed it

How about if a LEO pulls a driver over and I am watching in close proximity on my own driveway, can the officer legally order me to step back?

How far am I obligated to step back?

Can he order me into my house?

What if I am recording with a camera on my own lawn and he orders me to step away in what appears to be an attempt to stop me from recording?

What if he asks to see my camera because he says it contains evidence? Am I obligated to give it to him?

He was arresting her for improper lane change. Unusual, but legal.

He clearly showed and repeated that he was giving her a warning for improper lane change. It wasnt until she refused to put out her cigarette that he threatened to arrest her. When she replied "For what?" he never said.

Her only charge was resisting arrest, despite not having a charge for arrest in the first place
Wah Wah wah. Good job officer.

The entire video has been released unedited on youtube. So lets go through the steps here:

From there he cuffs her and leads her one direction, then says to move to another location over and over. Then when they are off camera both arent saying anything until she says "You're about to break my wrist" (Only 4 pounds of pressure is required to break a wrist) and AFTER THAT he considers her pain avoidance as benig "resisting" and says it several times.

She was slammed to the ground and arrested for resisting arrest. Which is weird since you have to be arrested for something before you can resist.

Shit happens when you're being an asshole and don't comply.

You can beat the rap, but you can't beat the ride.

Comply with what? She broke no law unless smoking a cigarette is a crime

To what the officer says, when he says it. He says put out your cigarette, put out your cigarette. Hell dude, you can always light the sucker back up!

Could be the cop was allergic to the smoke and ask her to put it out for his on well being. You fucking liberals already made second class citizens out of smokers with your stupid ass laws.

To what the officer says, when he says it. He says put out your cigarette, put out your cigarette. Hell dude, you can always light the sucker back up!

Could be the cop was allergic to the smoke and ask her to put it out for his on well being. You fucking liberals already made second class citizens out of smokers with your stupid ass laws.

Failure to put out a cigarette is not against any law. If you're saying you have to comply with anything a cop tells you to do the courts disagree with you. Sorry

Failure to put out a cigarette is not against any law. If you're saying you have to comply with anything a cop tells you to do the courts disagree with you. Sorry

Failure to obey a lawful order is.

If you have a problem with a cop, file a civil lawsuit. But in the meantime, obey whatever he says and avoid a trip to the pokey.

Forum List

Back