Newly released dashcam footage shows Sandra Bland's arrest before she was found dead in jail

The entire video has been released unedited on youtube. So lets go through the steps here:

1. Pulled over for illegal lane change or no signal
2. Asked why she was "irratated" and she told him
3. Cop was irritated and told her to put out cigarette
4. She declined saying "Its my car"
5. Cop says get out the car because now she is under arrest

From there he cuffs her and leads her one direction, then says to move to another location over and over. Then when they are off camera both arent saying anything until she says "You're about to break my wrist" (Only 4 pounds of pressure is required to break a wrist) and AFTER THAT he considers her pain avoidance as benig "resisting" and says it several times.

She was slammed to the ground and arrested for resisting arrest. Which is weird since you have to be arrested for something before you can resist.

Shit happens when you're being an asshole and don't comply.

You can beat the rap, but you can't beat the ride.

Comply with what? She broke no law unless smoking a cigarette is a crime

To what the officer says, when he says it. He says put out your cigarette, put out your cigarette. Hell dude, you can always light the sucker back up!

Could be the cop was allergic to the smoke and ask her to put it out for his on well being. You fucking liberals already made second class citizens out of smokers with your stupid ass laws.

Failure to put out a cigarette is not against any law. If you're saying you have to comply with anything a cop tells you to do the courts disagree with you. Sorry

Failure to obey a lawful order is.

If you have a problem with a cop, file a civil lawsuit. But in the meantime, obey whatever he says and avoid a trip to the pokey.

The entire video has been released unedited on youtube. So lets go through the steps here:

From there he cuffs her and leads her one direction, then says to move to another location over and over. Then when they are off camera both arent saying anything until she says "You're about to break my wrist" (Only 4 pounds of pressure is required to break a wrist) and AFTER THAT he considers her pain avoidance as benig "resisting" and says it several times.

She was slammed to the ground and arrested for resisting arrest. Which is weird since you have to be arrested for something before you can resist.

Comply with what? She broke no law unless smoking a cigarette is a crime

To what the officer says, when he says it. He says put out your cigarette, put out your cigarette. Hell dude, you can always light the sucker back up!

Could be the cop was allergic to the smoke and ask her to put it out for his on well being. You fucking liberals already made second class citizens out of smokers with your stupid ass laws.

Failure to put out a cigarette is not against any law. If you're saying you have to comply with anything a cop tells you to do the courts disagree with you. Sorry

Failure to obey a lawful order is.

If you have a problem with a cop, file a civil lawsuit. But in the meantime, obey whatever he says and avoid a trip to the pokey.

Putting out a cigarette is not a lawful order. You see, she couldnt wait to get to court but then oopsie, shes dead. So filing a suit would be tough

What probable cause was there to get her out of her car? Or is probable cause still a requirement in this new reality?

She was an idiot.

All she had to do was be polite, accept the warning and be on her way.

I'm sure the cop will pay the price for her idiocy.

Cops are not God. He certainly didn't behave in a way that deserved respect, much less the subservient ass kissing that he obviously required.

He was arresting her for improper lane change. Unusual, but legal. If she had been polite and respectful, he would have given her a warning and she would have been on her way. She chose to have an attitude and try to piss him off as much as possible. Congratulations to her: she succeeded in her mission.

no, it's not, that's an out and out fucking lie

Texas Statutes: TRANSPORTATION CODE TITLE 7. VEHICLES AND TRAFFICSUBTITLE C. RULES OF THE ROADCHAPTER 543. ARREST AND PROSECUTION OF VIOLATORS SUBCHAPTER A. ARREST AND CHARGING PROCEDURES; NOTICES AND PROMISES TO APPEAR

Sec. 543.001. ARREST WITHOUT WARRANT AUTHORIZED. Any peace officer may arrest without warrant a person found committing a violation of this subtitle.

So, yes...violate the traffic laws, you can be arrested.

But the main question is why you would say I was lying?

Yes you may arrest them but he was giving her a warning. How did it go from a warning to arrest?
When she struck an attitude and wouldn't obey his commands.
And why was the reason for arrest never given?
I thought that it was clear that it was for the lane change...."I was going to give you a warning (for the lane change) but now you're going to jail." It seems clear to me that the warning changed to an arrest.

He doesnt get to command her to put out her cigarette. Was there another command he gave her that was actually lawful?

True, and that s one of the biggest reason that policemen are no longer respected as they once were.

He was arresting her for improper lane change. Unusual, but legal. If she had been polite and respectful, he would have given her a warning and she would have been on her way. She chose to have an attitude and try to piss him off as much as possible. Congratulations to her: she succeeded in her mission.
Texas Statutes: TRANSPORTATION CODE TITLE 7. VEHICLES AND TRAFFICSUBTITLE C. RULES OF THE ROADCHAPTER 543. ARREST AND PROSECUTION OF VIOLATORS SUBCHAPTER A. ARREST AND CHARGING PROCEDURES; NOTICES AND PROMISES TO APPEAR

Sec. 543.001. ARREST WITHOUT WARRANT AUTHORIZED. Any peace officer may arrest without warrant a person found committing a violation of this subtitle.

Yes you may arrest them but he was giving her a warning. How did it go from a warning to arrest?
I thought that it was clear that it was for the lane change...."I was going to give you a warning (for the lane change) but now you're going to jail." It seems clear to me that the warning changed to an arrest.
He doesnt get to command her to put out her cigarette. Was there another command he gave her that was actually lawful?
Sure he does. He doesn't have to breathe in her smoke while trying to talk to her.

Sure he does. He doesn't have to breathe in her smoke while trying to talk to her.
Sure he does? Who told you that?

True, and that s one of the biggest reason that policemen are no longer respected as they once were.

This has nothing to do with respect. This was all about his power trip.

She was an idiot.

Cops are not God. He certainly didn't behave in a way that deserved respect, much less the subservient ass kissing that he obviously required.
And she acted respectfully? Seriously?
She didnt have to act respectfully. On the other hand he always has to maintain professionalism.

This has nothing to do with respect. This was all about his power trip.

True, but the continual power trips erode respect for all cops. Even the ones who would never behave like that ass.

She was an idiot.

And she acted respectfully? Seriously?

Hard to show respect for an ass on a power trip.

Forum List

Back