Newly released dashcam footage shows Sandra Bland's arrest before she was found dead in jail

The entire video has been released unedited on youtube. So lets go through the steps here:

1. Pulled over for illegal lane change or no signal
2. Asked why she was "irratated" and she told him
3. Cop was irritated and told her to put out cigarette
4. She declined saying "Its my car"
5. Cop says get out the car because now she is under arrest

From there he cuffs her and leads her one direction, then says to move to another location over and over. Then when they are off camera both arent saying anything until she says "You're about to break my wrist" (Only 4 pounds of pressure is required to break a wrist) and AFTER THAT he considers her pain avoidance as benig "resisting" and says it several times.

She was slammed to the ground and arrested for resisting arrest. Which is weird since you have to be arrested for something before you can resist.

He was arresting her for improper lane change. Unusual, but legal. If she had been polite and respectful, he would have given her a warning and she would have been on her way. She chose to have an attitude and try to piss him off as much as possible. Congratulations to her: she succeeded in her mission.

What a load of crap. You are under no obligation to obey the commands of a police officer unless or until you are told that you are under arrest.
So she was under no obligation to pull over? You try that, hero.

The entire video has been released unedited on youtube. So lets go through the steps here:

From there he cuffs her and leads her one direction, then says to move to another location over and over. Then when they are off camera both arent saying anything until she says "You're about to break my wrist" (Only 4 pounds of pressure is required to break a wrist) and AFTER THAT he considers her pain avoidance as benig "resisting" and says it several times.

She was slammed to the ground and arrested for resisting arrest. Which is weird since you have to be arrested for something before you can resist.

Shit happens when you're being an asshole and don't comply.

You can beat the rap, but you can't beat the ride.

True, and that s one of the biggest reason that policemen are no longer respected as they once were.

Be an asshole to a cop and see how it works out for you.

That was my point. It's his job to be professional even when he doesn't want to.

Comply with what? She broke no law unless smoking a cigarette is a crime

To what the officer says, when he says it. He says put out your cigarette, put out your cigarette. Hell dude, you can always light the sucker back up!

Could be the cop was allergic to the smoke and ask her to put it out for his on well being. You fucking liberals already made second class citizens out of smokers with your stupid ass laws.

Failure to put out a cigarette is not against any law. If you're saying you have to comply with anything a cop tells you to do the courts disagree with you. Sorry

Failure to obey a lawful order is.

If you have a problem with a cop, file a civil lawsuit. But in the meantime, obey whatever he says and avoid a trip to the pokey.
Comply with what? She broke no law unless smoking a cigarette is a crime

To what the officer says, when he says it. He says put out your cigarette, put out your cigarette. Hell dude, you can always light the sucker back up!

Could be the cop was allergic to the smoke and ask her to put it out for his on well being. You fucking liberals already made second class citizens out of smokers with your stupid ass laws.

Failure to put out a cigarette is not against any law. If you're saying you have to comply with anything a cop tells you to do the courts disagree with you. Sorry

Failure to obey a lawful order is.

If you have a problem with a cop, file a civil lawsuit. But in the meantime, obey whatever he says and avoid a trip to the pokey.

Putting out a cigarette is not a lawful order. You see, she couldnt wait to get to court but then oopsie, shes dead. So filing a suit would be tough

Yes it is. Less chances of getting burned while placing the idiot in cuffs.

A lot of times a cop will put you in cuffs just for his safety.

You need to watch "cops" and educate yourself.

Yeah because the cigarette was such a danger he stood there next to it for a while before realizing how dangerous it was. Troll better dumbass

He was arresting her for improper lane change. Unusual, but legal. If she had been polite and respectful, he would have given her a warning and she would have been on her way. She chose to have an attitude and try to piss him off as much as possible. Congratulations to her: she succeeded in her mission.

no, it's not, that's an out and out fucking lie

Texas Statutes: TRANSPORTATION CODE TITLE 7. VEHICLES AND TRAFFICSUBTITLE C. RULES OF THE ROADCHAPTER 543. ARREST AND PROSECUTION OF VIOLATORS SUBCHAPTER A. ARREST AND CHARGING PROCEDURES; NOTICES AND PROMISES TO APPEAR

Sec. 543.001. ARREST WITHOUT WARRANT AUTHORIZED. Any peace officer may arrest without warrant a person found committing a violation of this subtitle.

So, yes...violate the traffic laws, you can be arrested.

But the main question is why you would say I was lying?

Sec. 543.002. PERSON ARRESTED TO BE TAKEN BEFORE MAGISTRATE. (a) A person arrested for a violation of this subtitle punishable as a misdemeanor shall be immediately taken before a magistrate if:

(1) the person is arrested on a charge of failure to stop in the event of an accident causing damage to property; or

(2) the person demands an immediate appearance before a magistrate or refuses to make a written promise to appear in court as provided by this subchapter.

no, she could not be arrested

based on what??

on what I c-p from the link

she could have been arrested only if she left an accident

Let get something straight and she was ask to put the smoke out, and when she refused to do so she was asked to step outside the auto, and that is when she got into real trouble because she refused to exit the auto...

Those claiming it was the smoke need to watch the actual video, and notice the officer got pissed off when she refused to put her smoke out, and then demanded she get out of her auto, and she refused to obey that order that escalated into him opening the door and attempting to remove her, and her resisting then was construed resisting arrest in my opinion and he did tell her during the scuffle within her auto that he was arresting her.

Now where did the officer go wrong?

Simple, when he requested her to exit her auto and she refused he should have walked to the back of her auto and called for help, and had she then fled they could have gotten her for fleeing.

While waiting for backup he does not engage in conversation with the said suspect and yes her refusal to exit a auto can get her arrested...

She had a attitude because she was being pulled over, and many of us have had one when being pulled over...

Now the question for me is what actually happen in the jail, and was it a suicide or a homicide?
She was asked to put out her smoke, that was not an order. He then said can you step out of the car again it was not an order, then he started yelling and got aggressive, yes the cop was way out of line, it is a trick police use as a way to detain a person for no reason, any movement you make they can and do use that as a way to say you were resisting arrest, disorderly conduct, lane change violation. This happens in almost every state. Police are supposed to de-esculate situations yet they always escalate them. He knew she was irritated and that she would behave a certain way, he knew it, he went from calm asking her what the problem was as a way to get her to talk and get emotional. That is 101 of cop textbook, once you are emotional they will always charge with disorderly conduct. It was a trap plain and simple. Had it done to me a few times yet I never took the bait nor did I answer the cop, I informed the cop my rights and his rights and told them to hand me the ticket and I will be on my way. Nothing else. It always gets them riled up though.

Wrong, when he told her to get out of her auto she refused and it was a order and to try to pretend it was not going to pass. You either get out of the auto and if you refuse then the officer can detain you for refusing to do as you are told. They have the right to ask you to get out of your auto and you do not have the right to refuse and I dare any of you to attempt to say no and see how fast you are detained.

Also it was not a request to put the smoke down and I watched the video and he told her to put it out, and not please nor will you but she would put it out and she refused which I agree she had a right to do but once he told her to step out of the auto and she refused then she escalated the it by saying no.

Was the officer being a asshole?

Yes...

Was he out of line when he opened the door attempting to remove her from the auto?

In my opinion yes.

Now I do not what video you are watching but the one I saw clearly showed when she told him no she was not getting out of her auto she did more harm to herself than just getting out of the damn auto.

Now the next time you get pulled over give the cop an attitude and when you are told to get out of your auto tell the officer no, and when you are arrested tell the court it was never a order and let see how quickly the court will dismiss the charges against you because I know for a fact you will get slapped by a judge and explained to get out of the damn auto!

Let get something straight and she was ask to put the smoke out, and when she refused to do so she was asked to step outside the auto, and that is when she got into real trouble because she refused to exit the auto...

Those claiming it was the smoke need to watch the actual video, and notice the officer got pissed off when she refused to put her smoke out, and then demanded she get out of her auto, and she refused to obey that order that escalated into him opening the door and attempting to remove her, and her resisting then was construed resisting arrest in my opinion and he did tell her during the scuffle within her auto that he was arresting her.

Simple, when he requested her to exit her auto and she refused he should have walked to the back of her auto and called for help, and had she then fled they could have gotten her for fleeing.

While waiting for backup he does not engage in conversation with the said suspect and yes her refusal to exit a auto can get her arrested...

She had a attitude because she was being pulled over, and many of us have had one when being pulled over...

Now the question for me is what actually happen in the jail, and was it a suicide or a homicide?
She was asked to put out her smoke, that was not an order. He then said can you step out of the car again it was not an order, then he started yelling and got aggressive, yes the cop was way out of line, it is a trick police use as a way to detain a person for no reason, any movement you make they can and do use that as a way to say you were resisting arrest, disorderly conduct, lane change violation. This happens in almost every state. Police are supposed to de-esculate situations yet they always escalate them. He knew she was irritated and that she would behave a certain way, he knew it, he went from calm asking her what the problem was as a way to get her to talk and get emotional. That is 101 of cop textbook, once you are emotional they will always charge with disorderly conduct. It was a trap plain and simple. Had it done to me a few times yet I never took the bait nor did I answer the cop, I informed the cop my rights and his rights and told them to hand me the ticket and I will be on my way. Nothing else. It always gets them riled up though.

Wrong, when he told her to get out of her auto she refused and it was a order and to try to pretend it was not going to pass. You either get out of the auto and if you refuse then the officer can detain you for refusing to do as you are told. They have the right to ask you to get out of your auto and you do not have the right to refuse and I dare any of you to attempt to say no and see how fast you are detained.

Also it was not a request to put the smoke down and I watched the video and he told her to put it out, and not please nor will you but she would put it out and she refused which I agree she had a right to do but once he told her to step out of the auto and she refused then she escalated the it by saying no.

Yes...

Was he out of line when he opened the door attempting to remove her from the auto?

In my opinion yes.

Now I do not what video you are watching but the one I saw clearly showed when she told him no she was not getting out of her auto she did more harm to herself than just getting out of the damn auto.

Now the next time you get pulled over give the cop an attitude and when you are told to get out of your auto tell the officer no, and when you are arrested tell the court it was never a order and let see how quickly the court will dismiss the charges against you because I know for a fact you will get slapped by a judge and explained to get out of the damn auto!
"Do you mind putting out your cigarette please." Is his actual words. Not an order. " you can get out of the car now." Again not an order she asked him why? The he screamed "get out of the car now". The first 2 were requests not orders. The cop knew the lady was irritated, she was smoking because of the stress. He wanted her to stop smoking to get her riled up, he knew what her response would be, it was a trap to get her emotional and give him some a reason to have the situation escalated. I have seen this before. Police do this type of stuff to get responses which they say gives them justification to use force. He was acting calm then started screaming at her, he knew what it would do. I don't know what video you watched brah.

She was an idiot. It's too bad it worked out for her the way it did.
It's posts like this thread that inspire people like her to react the way she did.

no, it's not, that's an out and out fucking lie
Texas Statutes: TRANSPORTATION CODE TITLE 7. VEHICLES AND TRAFFICSUBTITLE C. RULES OF THE ROADCHAPTER 543. ARREST AND PROSECUTION OF VIOLATORS SUBCHAPTER A. ARREST AND CHARGING PROCEDURES; NOTICES AND PROMISES TO APPEAR

Sec. 543.001. ARREST WITHOUT WARRANT AUTHORIZED. Any peace officer may arrest without warrant a person found committing a violation of this subtitle.

So, yes...violate the traffic laws, you can be arrested.

But the main question is why you would say I was lying?
Sec. 543.002. PERSON ARRESTED TO BE TAKEN BEFORE MAGISTRATE. (a) A person arrested for a violation of this subtitle punishable as a misdemeanor shall be immediately taken before a magistrate if:

(1) the person is arrested on a charge of failure to stop in the event of an accident causing damage to property; or

(2) the person demands an immediate appearance before a magistrate or refuses to make a written promise to appear in court as provided by this subchapter.

no, she could not be arrested
based on what??
on what I c-p from the link

she could have been arrested only if she left an accident
for the traffic violation yes, however once she chimped out the traffic stop was not the reason for the arrest, it was her non compliance and attitude.

Yes...

In my opinion yes.

"Do you mind putting out your cigarette please." Is his actual words. Not an order. " you can get out of the car now." Again not an order she asked him why? The he screamed "get out of the car now". The first 2 were requests not orders. The cop knew the lady was irritated, she was smoking because of the stress. He wanted her to stop smoking to get her riled up, he knew what her response would be, it was a trap to get her emotional and give him some a reason to have the situation escalated. I have seen this before. Police do this type of stuff to get responses which they say gives them justification to use force. He was acting calm then started screaming at her, he knew what it would do. I don't know what video you watched brah.
I saw it as her trying to get him to react in order to get a pay day. She got what she wanted, then when she realized instead of a pay day she would end up with a fine and most likely probation, she hung herself.
We can all guess what happened and what they were both thinking.

Yes...

In my opinion yes.

I saw it as her trying to get him to react in order to get a pay day. She got what she wanted, then when she realized instead of a pay day she would end up with a fine and most likely probation, she hung herself.
We can all guess what happened and what they were both thinking.

Why, of course! Who wouldn't hang himself if he thought that he wouldn't win a law suit against a cop over a failure to signal when changing lanes!

It's posts like this thread that inspire people like her to react the way she did.

This shit has been happening before internet posts bruh.

"for the traffic violation yes, however once she chimped out the traffic stop was not the reason for the arrest, it was her non compliance and attitude."

Damn! I didn't know that it was against the law to have a bad attitude!

I'm just glad you have such a high opinion of me.

It was terrible that she is now dead. The police are saying the cop was wrong for the arrest, what I cannot understand is it took her spending 3 days in jail to figure out that the arrest was unwarranted. Three days......that is a travesty. They need to investigate is what all the news is saying......yes investigate her death, as for the arrest not much investigation needs to happen it is all on tape. Three days for a traffic violation that she thought she was doing the right thing by getting out of his way. And people are defending his piece of shit cop? Unbelievable

The cop escalating the situation, knowing how she would respond, the cop thinks he is always right and nobody better question his authority. This is typical of police all across the nation, some states are better then others but these type of people exist in every police station. People say the police are militarized but I have to disagree, because if any security police of the armed services would face court marshal if they treated a women like this on base, and have his ass reamed in front of everyone, I have seen it happen, the only way a sp is going to grapple with you is if you enter a secure area or are drunk and causing problems. The problem with police is the ego mentality during training and once on the force.

It was terrible that she is now dead. The police are saying the cop was wrong for the arrest, what I cannot understand is it took her spending 3 days in jail to figure out that the arrest was unwarranted. Three days......that is a travesty. They need to investigate is what all the news is saying......yes investigate her death, as for the arrest not much investigation needs to happen it is all on tape. Three days for a traffic violation that she thought she was doing the right thing by getting out of his way. And people are defending his piece of shit cop? Unbelievable

The cop escalating the situation, knowing how she would respond, the cop thinks he is always right and nobody better question his authority. This is typical of police all across the nation, some states are better then others but these type of people exist in every police station. People say the police are militarized but I have to disagree, because if any security police of the armed services would face court marshal if they treated a women like this on base, and have his ass reamed in front of everyone, I have seen it happen, the only way a sp is going to grapple with you is if you enter a secure area or are drunk and causing problems. The problem with police is the ego mentality during training and once on the force.

And if she complied there would be no need for this unnecessary discussion.
Last week the cops caught me in the stadium late at night. I told them how I came in through an open gate, I left when they told me to go and no one is talking about that incident. Imagine that.

The cop was wrong. Keeping her in jail so long was wrong. That no one came to get her out is a mystery to me; perhaps I missed something.

And if she complied there would be no need for this unnecessary discussion.
Last week the cops caught me in the stadium late at night. I told them how I came in through an open gate, I left when they told me to go and no one is talking about that incident. Imagine that.

As soon as he yelled at her to get out of the car she was already going to be arrested. The cop was looking for a reason and after calmly asking her what was wrong then asking her to put out the cigarette( not an order or demand) then saying can you step out of the car (again not an order) he gets out of control and violent she was doomed to be arrested. Not much happened for him to act like he did she had calmly replied to him at first then he had an opening. The cop was a predator that got an in when she replied. law enforcement officers should be held to the highest standard and should face jail time when they fail, if they do not like that then they do not need to be a cop. They have a a lot of power and they need to be monitored to make sure they do not abuse it. If is was on a military base and the cop was security forces, he would be in jail awaiting court marshal no commander would tolerate such a person under their command.

Forum List

Back