Newly released dashcam footage shows Sandra Bland's arrest before she was found dead in jail

tampaswatvehicle.jpg

tampa fl

I've often repeated the story of my being stopped in Bellaire, Texas (about 50 miles or so from Waller) in West Houston. I was driving a beat-up jalopy from the office and was pulled over for no tail light. I decided to fight the ticket so I went to the court that evening. The court room was full of people. Bellaire is 90% White/Asian and something like 1.6% black. In the court room, there were 3 white folks; the Judge, an attorney, and myself.

Obviously, 1.6% of the population did not do 90+ percent of the offenses. Something was (and likely still is) amiss in Bellaire. It wouldn't surprise me if the same mindset was at play in Waller.

so now a lane change without a signal is criminal.....lol....yall are so fucked and just dont know it
You seem to be the one that is having a hard time understanding that she was pulled over to get a warning for the lane change, however the situation changed and she was not arrested for the lane change.

or, if a cop pulls me over for a lane change and I shoot him in the face when he gets to the window, do you still consider my arrest or being shot only because of the lane change? are you going to be on here claiming that the police will now kill you for a lane change?

Use your brain.

The trooper was just being mean and vindictive. His actions started the chain of events that led to her eventual death. But from what I've seen there are a lot of that Rodger Ramjet types in Texas DPS. If you're black and from out of state, you've got a target on your back.
lets get to the root of the problem here as far as the supposed target on the back of the blacks.
why do you think that is?

The root of the problem is not the target, it is that Rodger Ramjet types are asshole pieces of shit who join up because they like having power over people.
If the root of the problem is not the target, then it has to be a perception of the target that the police have.
why dont we hear about more of this involving white drivers.
Why do we see black officers treating black drivers the same way.
I agree that the police are getting out of hand, thats not the issue I have here, the issue is that knowing the police are getting out of hand, why would you act in a manner to set them off.
Why is it that the police seem to expect a certain race is going to act in a certain way.
dont see this with hispanics, asians, whites etc.. Tell me the difference and why they think the way they do.

would you jump in a yard with pit bulls and start beating them? Hell no, you know that the best case leaves you jumping back over the fence with half an ass.

Now you're asking me why someone behaved the way they did. When I can only account for my actions. When dealing with police it's yes sir, no sir, can I go sir!

You seem to be the one that is having a hard time understanding that she was pulled over to get a warning for the lane change, however the situation changed and she was not arrested for the lane change.

or, if a cop pulls me over for a lane change and I shoot him in the face when he gets to the window, do you still consider my arrest or being shot only because of the lane change? are you going to be on here claiming that the police will now kill you for a lane change?

Use your brain.

The trooper was just being mean and vindictive. His actions started the chain of events that led to her eventual death. But from what I've seen there are a lot of that Rodger Ramjet types in Texas DPS. If you're black and from out of state, you've got a target on your back.
lets get to the root of the problem here as far as the supposed target on the back of the blacks.
why do you think that is?

The root of the problem is not the target, it is that Rodger Ramjet types are asshole pieces of shit who join up because they like having power over people.
If the root of the problem is not the target, then it has to be a perception of the target that the police have.
why dont we hear about more of this involving white drivers.
Why do we see black officers treating black drivers the same way.
I agree that the police are getting out of hand, thats not the issue I have here, the issue is that knowing the police are getting out of hand, why would you act in a manner to set them off.
Why is it that the police seem to expect a certain race is going to act in a certain way.
dont see this with hispanics, asians, whites etc.. Tell me the difference and why they think the way they do.

would you jump in a yard with pit bulls and start beating them? Hell no, you know that the best case leaves you jumping back over the fence with half an ass.

Now you're asking me why someone behaved the way they did. When I can only account for my actions. When dealing with police it's yes sir, no sir, can I go sir!
I bet you wont get yanked out of your car either.

The entire video has been released unedited on youtube. So lets go through the steps here:

1. Pulled over for illegal lane change or no signal
2. Asked why she was "irratated" and she told him
3. Cop was irritated and told her to put out cigarette
4. She declined saying "Its my car"
5. Cop says get out the car because now she is under arrest

From there he cuffs her and leads her one direction, then says to move to another location over and over. Then when they are off camera both arent saying anything until she says "You're about to break my wrist" (Only 4 pounds of pressure is required to break a wrist) and AFTER THAT he considers her pain avoidance as benig "resisting" and says it several times.

She was slammed to the ground and arrested for resisting arrest. Which is weird since you have to be arrested for something before you can resist.

Shit happens when you're being an asshole and don't comply.

You can beat the rap, but you can't beat the ride.

True, and that s one of the biggest reason that policemen are no longer respected as they once were.

Be an asshole to a cop and see how it works out for you.

That was my point. It's his job to be professional even when he doesn't want to.

He will professionally haul your ass to jail.

The entire video has been released unedited on youtube. So lets go through the steps here:

From there he cuffs her and leads her one direction, then says to move to another location over and over. Then when they are off camera both arent saying anything until she says "You're about to break my wrist" (Only 4 pounds of pressure is required to break a wrist) and AFTER THAT he considers her pain avoidance as benig "resisting" and says it several times.

She was slammed to the ground and arrested for resisting arrest. Which is weird since you have to be arrested for something before you can resist.

True, and that s one of the biggest reason that policemen are no longer respected as they once were.

That was my point. It's his job to be professional even when he doesn't want to.

Of course he will. Again proving my point that cops don't really care about professionalism and don't think it should be a requirement for them.

She had many unpaid fines and her family refused to bail her out.

Why do have to lie about this? This has nothing to do with the arrest at all.
Just the facts.......as I've seen them reported. Explains why he didn't just issue ticket and leave cause she wasn't paying ones she had. Also explains criticism of officer for not fully explaining reason for her detention.

Of course he will. Again proving my point that cops don't really care about professionalism and don't think it should be a requirement for them.

Cops are generally courteous, but they're also human and if you are an asshole to them then expect the same in kind.

I've often repeated the story of my being stopped in Bellaire, Texas (about 50 miles or so from Waller) in West Houston. I was driving a beat-up jalopy from the office and was pulled over for no tail light. I decided to fight the ticket so I went to the court that evening. The court room was full of people. Bellaire is 90% White/Asian and something like 1.6% black. In the court room, there were 3 white folks; the Judge, an attorney, and myself.

Obviously, 1.6% of the population did not do 90+ percent of the offenses. Something was (and likely still is) amiss in Bellaire. It wouldn't surprise me if the same mindset was at play in Waller.
Bellaire is part of Harris county and 33% non-Hispanic whites, and you're a dinbat:

Harris County Texas - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

when you allow the militarization of police this is what you get....what educational level does it take to be a highway patrol man in texas
Strollingbones I have to disagree with the militarization comment. I have seen security forces act similar to what this cop did. And they called the commander a colonel at 230 in the morning to come to the scene, the 2 cops had to stand at attention and got destroyed by the colonel. A commander will not tolerate such behavior especially since it is his ass on the line. The cops were placed in custody, most likely they got a non judicial article 15 and were discharged. This type of behavior happens at the police academy and once on the force. The only time I have seen aggression like this is drunk and disorderly and dui's if the subject resists. Or if someone enters a secure area like the flight line, but the perp on the flight line scenario doesn't have to worry about the security forces, because there are over 100 angry maintainers ready to pounce on anyone who will mess with the aircraft, grumpy angry maintainers and the perp would want the securty forces there to save them. Lol

She was an idiot. It's too bad it worked out for her the way it did.
It's posts like this thread that inspire people like her to react the way she did.

This shit has been happening before internet posts bruh.

It was terrible that she is now dead. The police are saying the cop was wrong for the arrest, what I cannot understand is it took her spending 3 days in jail to figure out that the arrest was unwarranted. Three days......that is a travesty. They need to investigate is what all the news is saying......yes investigate her death, as for the arrest not much investigation needs to happen it is all on tape. Three days for a traffic violation that she thought she was doing the right thing by getting out of his way. And people are defending his piece of shit cop? Unbelievable

The cop escalating the situation, knowing how she would respond, the cop thinks he is always right and nobody better question his authority. This is typical of police all across the nation, some states are better then others but these type of people exist in every police station. People say the police are militarized but I have to disagree, because if any security police of the armed services would face court marshal if they treated a women like this on base, and have his ass reamed in front of everyone, I have seen it happen, the only way a sp is going to grapple with you is if you enter a secure area or are drunk and causing problems. The problem with police is the ego mentality during training and once on the force.

And if she complied there would be no need for this unnecessary discussion.
Last week the cops caught me in the stadium late at night. I told them how I came in through an open gate, I left when they told me to go and no one is talking about that incident. Imagine that.

How great is it that you were trespassing and was able to explain and leave and this lady changed lanes and ended up arrested. And you think this is about complying and not the special Trespassing Pass you received?

I wasn't trespassing because it wasn't posted and the public facility was open. I complied, she didn't. Expect different results.

She was an idiot. It's too bad it worked out for her the way it did.
It's posts like this thread that inspire people like her to react the way she did.

This shit has been happening before internet posts bruh.
It was terrible that she is now dead. The police are saying the cop was wrong for the arrest, what I cannot understand is it took her spending 3 days in jail to figure out that the arrest was unwarranted. Three days......that is a travesty. They need to investigate is what all the news is saying......yes investigate her death, as for the arrest not much investigation needs to happen it is all on tape. Three days for a traffic violation that she thought she was doing the right thing by getting out of his way. And people are defending his piece of shit cop? Unbelievable

The cop escalating the situation, knowing how she would respond, the cop thinks he is always right and nobody better question his authority. This is typical of police all across the nation, some states are better then others but these type of people exist in every police station. People say the police are militarized but I have to disagree, because if any security police of the armed services would face court marshal if they treated a women like this on base, and have his ass reamed in front of everyone, I have seen it happen, the only way a sp is going to grapple with you is if you enter a secure area or are drunk and causing problems. The problem with police is the ego mentality during training and once on the force.
And if she complied there would be no need for this unnecessary discussion.
Last week the cops caught me in the stadium late at night. I told them how I came in through an open gate, I left when they told me to go and no one is talking about that incident. Imagine that.

How great is it that you were trespassing and was able to explain and leave and this lady changed lanes and ended up arrested. And you think this is about complying and not the special Trespassing Pass you received?
I wasn't trespassing because it wasn't posted and the public facility was open. I complied, she didn't. Expect different results.

Why are you saying expect different results? She wasnt white so of course theres different results. You got a chance to explain and leave

Cops are generally courteous, but they're also human and if you are an asshole to them then expect the same in kind.
What? I have never been treated courteous by an officer. And I have driven in almost every state. Texas has been the worst in my experience, I called the manager at a hotel for a violent scene happening in the room next door, they called the police. The police showed up and apparently the guy with the room next to mine had an arrest warrant out for him. The clerk told the cop my room number instead because I guess he wrote it down when I called and so the cops barge into my room guns drawn and proceed to wrestle me to the ground beat me and handcuff me. Threw me into the car still in my underwear. I tried to talk they told me to shut the fuck up.when they got my wallet and realized I was not the individual, not even a fucking apology they just tossed me from the car unhandcuffed me and threw me on the ground. Another time in Texas my gf was driving we were in a parking lot about to leave she had not put her seat belt on yet. When 2 motorcycle cops come up to us in the parking lot. And charge her with not wearing a seat belt and wanted my id. My id was in a backpack and I said you don't need to see my id, she is in control of the car I am apassenger. And have not violated any law. One cop by my window drew his gun and the other threatened me with jail. I said what charges, and that this was private property and they can't issue a ticket that is not on the highway unless the store had called for an incident. They did not like that and said they can pull anyone over anywhere and to shut the fuck up. My girlfriend was scared and told me just to give it to them. I said they are wrong, they took me and tried to book me but their supervisor finally showed up and I was released. Courteous my ass, hell I am not black either and I know they are assholes and that they don't want you to know your rights as a citizen.

What? I have never been treated courteous by an officer. And I have driven in almost every state. Texas has been the worst in my experience, I called the manager at a hotel for a violent scene happening in the room next door, they called the police. The police showed up and apparently the guy with the room next to mine had an arrest warrant out for him. The clerk told the cop my room number instead because I guess he wrote it down when I called and so the cops barge into my room guns drawn and proceed to wrestle me to the ground beat me and handcuff me. Threw me into the car still in my underwear. I tried to talk they told me to shut the fuck up.when they got my wallet and realized I was not the individual, not even a fucking apology they just tossed me from the car unhandcuffed me and threw me on the ground. Another time in Texas my gf was driving we were in a parking lot about to leave she had not put her seat belt on yet. When 2 motorcycle cops come up to us in the parking lot. And charge her with not wearing a seat belt and wanted my id. My id was in a backpack and I said you don't need to see my id, she is in control of the car I am apassenger. And have not violated any law. One cop by my window drew his gun and the other threatened me with jail. I said what charges, and that this was private property and they can't issue a ticket that is not on the highway unless the store had called for an incident. They did not like that and said they can pull anyone over anywhere and to shut the fuck up. My girlfriend was scared and told me just to give it to them. I said they are wrong, they took me and tried to book me but their supervisor finally showed up and I was released. Courteous my ass, hell I am not black either and I know they are assholes and that they don't want you to know your rights as a citizen.

You are quite the asshole. I've been stopped numerous times in the 40 years of driving around this country and I have never encountered an rude cop. Even when I was arrested and sent to prison, the cops were nice.

You are quite the asshole. I've been stopped numerous times in the 40 years of driving around this country and I have never encountered an rude cop. Even when I was arrested and sent to prison, the cops were nice.
Yeah I am an asshole. I cannot stand people who suck at their job, from waiters to costumer service people to mechanics, I ask questions and lay into people when they do not know their jobs and suck at them, and yes it includes police, when I know my rights and they are ignorant of the fact they are going to get holy hell for it. I expect people to be at least knowledgeable about there jobs and authoritarian jerks that break my rights as a citizen are top of the list. It is people like you who do not hold people accountable for a piss poor job and let shitty people get away with a paycheck when they should not be in that position. Tax money pays them I expect and fucking demand that they know their job and execute them with professionalism, anything less is a failure of the system and you sir are part of the problem.

Yeah I am an asshole. I cannot stand people who suck at their job, from waiters to costumer service people to mechanics, I ask questions and lay into people when they do not know their jobs and suck at them, and yes it includes police, when I know my rights and they are ignorant of the fact they are going to get holy hell for it. I expect people to be at least knowledgeable about there jobs and authoritarian jerks that break my rights as a citizen are top of the list. It is people like you who do not hold people accountable for a piss poor job and let shitty people get away with a paycheck when they should not be in that position. Tax money pays them I expect and fucking demand that they know their job and execute them with professionalism, anything less is a failure of the system and you sir are part of the problem.

Damn dude, lose that chip on shoulder and enjoy life.

Forum List

Back