🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Newtown victims gets million from murdered woman

TNHarley

Diamond Member
Sep 27, 2012
Newtown families split $1.5M from estate of gunman's mother
BRIDGEPORT, Conn. — The families of more than a dozen victims of the 2012 school shooting in Newtown, Connecticut, will split $1.5 million under settlements of lawsuits filed against the gunman's mother's estate.
A lawyer for several victims' families says the settlements were finalized Dec. 17 in documents filed in Bridgeport Superior Court.
The lawsuits said Nancy Lanza failed to properly secure her legally owned Bushmaster AR-15 rifle. Her son, 20-year-old Adam Lanza, used the rifle to kill 20 first-graders and six educators at Sandy Hook Elementary School on Dec. 14, 2012. He killed his mother before the school shooting and killed himself afterward.

So she failed to properly secure her gun after she was dead?

This is the kicker
"Victims' families also are suing the maker of the Bushmaster rifle."
You have GOT to be fuckin kiddin me!
I guess we can start suing chevy when drunk drivers run over civilians. Maybe we could throw in Budweiser, too.
That is one of the most PATHETIC legal suits I have ever heard of.
And we have Presidential candidates supporting them getting sued!

Would have been to her advantage not to let her nutbag son around guns.
he fuckin killed her. Do you not understand that?
As I said...
You dont ever say anything, dumbfuck.
What I say you are unable to understand, just as above.
Using your logic, that robber that sued the home owner deserved that money for hurting themselves on that glass they broke, right? You know, because they didn't have stronger glass?

As I said...
Using your logic, that robber that sued the home owner deserved that money for hurting themselves on that glass they broke, right? You know, because they didn't have stronger glass?
The logic here is your fucking nutso kid shot out my window with the gun you didn't keep him away from, only this was so much worse so, pay up.

Newtown families split $1.5M from estate of gunman's mother
BRIDGEPORT, Conn. — The families of more than a dozen victims of the 2012 school shooting in Newtown, Connecticut, will split $1.5 million under settlements of lawsuits filed against the gunman's mother's estate.
A lawyer for several victims' families says the settlements were finalized Dec. 17 in documents filed in Bridgeport Superior Court.
The lawsuits said Nancy Lanza failed to properly secure her legally owned Bushmaster AR-15 rifle. Her son, 20-year-old Adam Lanza, used the rifle to kill 20 first-graders and six educators at Sandy Hook Elementary School on Dec. 14, 2012. He killed his mother before the school shooting and killed himself afterward.

So she failed to properly secure her gun after she was dead?

This is the kicker
"Victims' families also are suing the maker of the Bushmaster rifle."
You have GOT to be fuckin kiddin me!
I guess we can start suing chevy when drunk drivers run over civilians. Maybe we could throw in Budweiser, too.
That is one of the most PATHETIC legal suits I have ever heard of.
And we have Presidential candidates supporting them getting sued!

And this is wrong….they shouldn't get one penny. The woman did not give the rifle to her son…..he murdered her and he stole it. Hopefully they will sue the actual people responsible…those who passed the gun free zone legislation that made their children's school a gun free killing zone for the killer.

As I said...
The logic here is your fucking nutso kid shot out my window with the gun you didn't keep him away from, only this was so much worse so, pay up.

And the part where he had to murder her to get the gun…….do you think before you post?

As I said...

And the part where he had to murder her to get the gun…….do you think before you post?
She didn't have it in an underground bunker with armed guards and carnies that will rape you and pass VD

They don't care about the dead kids….they just want to be able to go after the guns owned by actual sinners…those who own guns. That sin will never be forgiven, forgotten or allowed to continue if they can help it.

They have to be fought each step they take….

Any son that doesn't love his mother doesn't deserve to draw another breath. I'm sorry about the horrible thing he did to others especially his dear mom. I'm glad he killed himself and hope he burns in hell, but he must have been a real nut case. Maybe she had reason to own that gun for self defense against her son, but he got to it before she had a chance. We don't really know all the details for sure.

As I said...

She was going to buy him a gun. It wasn't hard.

And had she not had guns in the house, she liked them, she, 20 kiddos, and six adults would very likely still be alive.

Last edited:

She bought him guns. It wasn't hard.

And had she not had guns in the house, she liked them, she, 20 kiddos, and six adults would very likely still be alive.
So this is all legit because she was exercising a constitutional right?

So this is all legit because she was exercising a constitutional right?
She had the right, but her son should never have been around guns, he was a loon, obviously. For that, you can sue.

"The mother of mass killer Adam Lanza wrote her son a check to buy a pistol as a Christmas present in the days leading up to the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting, according to an official report out Monday.

Nancy Lanza — who was killed by her 20-year-old son last December before he killed six women and 20 children at the Connecticut elementary school — told friends a month before the shooting that she was concerned about her son. He had not left the house for three months, and he communicated with her only via email, she said. She was not allowed to enter his room.

But despite what seemed like mental health warning signs, the police found a check in the Lanza home for a CZ 83 pistol, which Nancy Lanza intended to give to her son over the holidays, according to a report released by a Connecticut state's attorney. The check’s date section read “Christmas Day.”
Sandy Hook report: Shooter’s mom wanted to buy him gun for Christmas

He who lives by, boys and girls...

No…had her son not murdered her and stolen the guns and then committed the act of murder, those people would be alive….it is on the shooter, and on no one else.

Well TN, you may want to go this link and get better informed.
Regarding the gun manufacturer, That seems questionable. I would think that kind of law suit depends on individual state laws/statues.
About Victims' Rights
VictimLaw - Victims Right
GENERAL OVERVIEW
Introduction
Thirty years ago, victims had few legal rights to be informed, present and heard within the criminal justice system. Victims did not have to be notified of court proceedings or of the arrest or release of the defendant, they had no right to attend the trial or other proceedings, and they had no right to make a statement to the court at sentencing or at other hearings. Moreover, victim assistance programs were virtually non-existent.

Since then, there have been tremendous strides in the creation of legal rights and assistance programs for victims of crime. Today, every state has an extensive body of basic rights and protections for victims of crime within its statutory code. Victims' rights statutes have significantly influenced the manner in which victims are treated within the federal, state, and local criminal justice systems.
The core rights for victims of crime include:
  • The right to attend criminal justice proceedings;
  • The right to apply for compensation;
  • The right to be heard and participate in criminal justice proceedings;
  • The right to be informed of proceedings and events in the criminal justice process, of legal rights and remedies, and of available services;
  • The right to protection from intimidation and harassment;
  • The right to restitution from the offender;
  • The right to prompt return of personal property seized as evidence;
  • The right to a speedy trial; and
  • The right to enforcement of these rights.

They don't care about the dead kids….they just want to be able to go after the guns owned by actual sinners…those who own guns. That sin will never be forgiven, forgotten or allowed to continue if they can help it.

They have to be fought each step they take….
Why, if that isn't a typical RW comment, I don't know what is.

If your car is stolen and used to commit a crime…you are now on the hook. If someone steals your identity…then you are now on the hook for whatever they do….for real…..

Forum List

Back