🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Newtown victims gets million from murdered woman

How do you keep your 20 year old son out of the gun cabinet? Electric collar? :gay:
You actually think she doesn't bear any culpability? Amazing.
What did she do that was illegal/wrong?
She knew her son had mental problems and failed to secure her weapons. Not sure if that is illegal but it is certainly wrong.

How do you know she did not secure her weapons….?
Because he used them.

How do you keep your 20 year old son out of the gun cabinet? Electric collar? :gay:
She knew her son had mental problems and failed to secure her weapons. Not sure if that is illegal but it is certainly wrong.
She had it laying under the bed, ravi?
I've no idea. If he had been my son, there would be no guns in the house.

So you say…….having no experience with her son….who showed no violent tendencies and was a recluse.

She had it laying under the bed, ravi?
I've no idea. If he had been my son, there would be no guns in the house.
So you don't know, but you will damn this murdered woman anyways? Fuckin scumbag

How do you know she did not secure her weapons….?
Because he used them.

After murdering her. He could have put her body in a freezer, taken money and simply bought the guns on his own.

Newtown families split $1.5M from estate of gunman's mother
BRIDGEPORT, Conn. — The families of more than a dozen victims of the 2012 school shooting in Newtown, Connecticut, will split $1.5 million under settlements of lawsuits filed against the gunman's mother's estate.
A lawyer for several victims' families says the settlements were finalized Dec. 17 in documents filed in Bridgeport Superior Court.
The lawsuits said Nancy Lanza failed to properly secure her legally owned Bushmaster AR-15 rifle. Her son, 20-year-old Adam Lanza, used the rifle to kill 20 first-graders and six educators at Sandy Hook Elementary School on Dec. 14, 2012. He killed his mother before the school shooting and killed himself afterward.

So she failed to properly secure her gun after she was dead?

This is the kicker
"Victims' families also are suing the maker of the Bushmaster rifle."
You have GOT to be fuckin kiddin me!
I guess we can start suing chevy when drunk drivers run over civilians. Maybe we could throw in Budweiser, too.
That is one of the most PATHETIC legal suits I have ever heard of.
And we have Presidential candidates supporting them getting sued!
It's Connecticut. Lawyers always include the manufacturer in the suit, as well, but they don't usually end up paying anything. What candidates support suing Bushmaster?

After murdering her. He could have put her body in a freezer, taken money and simply bought the guns on his own.
Why the freezer? Didn't think the gun he used to kill 27 had a waiting period, but the one she was buying him for Christmas would have I believe.

BRIDGEPORT, Conn. — The families of more than a dozen victims of the 2012 school shooting in Newtown, Connecticut, will split $1.5 million under settlements of lawsuits filed against the gunman's mother's estate.
A lawyer for several victims' families says the settlements were finalized Dec. 17 in documents filed in Bridgeport Superior Court.
The lawsuits said Nancy Lanza failed to properly secure her legally owned Bushmaster AR-15 rifle. Her son, 20-year-old Adam Lanza, used the rifle to kill 20 first-graders and six educators at Sandy Hook Elementary School on Dec. 14, 2012. He killed his mother before the school shooting and killed himself afterward.

This is the kicker
I guess we can start suing chevy when drunk drivers run over civilians. Maybe we could throw in Budweiser, too.
It's Connecticut. Lawyers always include the manufacturer in the suit, as well, but they don't usually end up paying anything. What candidates support suing Bushmaster?
O'Malley. I think it was the first debate. Poor pansy almost started crying.
I would hope not. It is retarded.

This is the kicker

:clap2::dance::clap2:
:dance::clap2::dance:

:eusa_clap::eusa_dance::eusa_clap::eusa_dance::eusa_clap::eusa_dance::eusa_clap::eusa_dance::eusa_clap::eusa_dance:
:thewave::thewave::thewave:

$1.5 Million is not nearly enough. They should haul Adam's Father's skinny
ass into court and take him for all he's worth based on
contributory negligence.

Every gun sold should come with an insurance policy so families of both the victims and the shooters are not destroyed financially by the actions of crazed individuals. It's common sense; we do it for cars, and we should do it for guns.

Well TN, you may want to go this link and get better informed.
Regarding the gun manufacturer, That seems questionable. I would think that kind of law suit depends on individual state laws/statues.
About Victims' Rights
VictimLaw - Victims Right
GENERAL OVERVIEW
Introduction
Thirty years ago, victims had few legal rights to be informed, present and heard within the criminal justice system. Victims did not have to be notified of court proceedings or of the arrest or release of the defendant, they had no right to attend the trial or other proceedings, and they had no right to make a statement to the court at sentencing or at other hearings. Moreover, victim assistance programs were virtually non-existent.

Since then, there have been tremendous strides in the creation of legal rights and assistance programs for victims of crime. Today, every state has an extensive body of basic rights and protections for victims of crime within its statutory code. Victims' rights statutes have significantly influenced the manner in which victims are treated within the federal, state, and local criminal justice systems.
The core rights for victims of crime include:
  • The right to attend criminal justice proceedings;
  • The right to apply for compensation;
  • The right to be heard and participate in criminal justice proceedings;
  • The right to be informed of proceedings and events in the criminal justice process, of legal rights and remedies, and of available services;
  • The right to protection from intimidation and harassment;
  • The right to restitution from the offender;
  • The right to prompt return of personal property seized as evidence;
  • The right to a speedy trial; and
  • The right to enforcement of these rights.
What does a gun manufacturer have to do with some loon stealing a gun and killing people?

Really nothing.
However, there are parts of the country that allow for suing gun manufacturers.
Here's an article that might clear up some questions for you. Yeah, it's from NPR and I know some on the right hate NPR. But, I think you'll find the article quite informative.
FACT CHECK: Are Gun-Makers 'Totally Free Of Liability For Their Behavior'?

This is the kicker

:eusa_clap::eusa_dance::eusa_clap::eusa_dance::eusa_clap::eusa_dance::eusa_clap::eusa_dance::eusa_clap::eusa_dance:

contributory negligence.

Every gun sold should come with an insurance policy so families of both the victims and the shooters are not destroyed financially by the actions of crazed individuals. It's common sense; we do it for cars, and we should do it for guns.
then start an insurance company that does it. No need to sue the estate of a dead woman for getting murdered

Gun owners whose irresponsibility led to the deaths of innocents should be held accountable.

This is the kicker

contributory negligence.

I told you you were no liberal, limp wrist

This is the kicker

contributory negligence.

then start an insurance company that does it. No need to sue the estate of a dead woman for getting murdered

I'm sure the NRA will be offering that in the not-too-distant-future (if they don't already). Jut like AAA offers automobile insurance.
They rightfully sued the estate of the woman who was responsible. She gave her sick son access to weaponry. The 1.5 million dollars is an insult to the victim's families.

This is the kicker

contributory negligence.

I told you you were no liberal, limp wrist

OH, do you have a quote from one of the founders of the nation about Lanza? If not, perhaps you should get your wrist checked there.

This is the kicker

contributory negligence.

I'm sure the NRA will be offering that in the not-too-distant-future (if they don't already). Jut like AAA offers automobile insurance.
They rightfully sued the estate of the woman who was responsible. She gave her sick son access to weaponry. The 1.5 million dollars is an insult to the victim's families.
So you are saying she was responsible for her son killing her and taking the AR-15?

Forum List

Back