🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Newtown victims gets million from murdered woman

I was wrong about the key. He must have had access to the rifle he used to shoot her. Sorry.

From Wikipedia:
Some time before 9:30 a.m. EST on Friday December 14, 2012, Lanza shot and killed his mother Nancy Lanza, aged 52, at their Newtown home with a .22-caliber Savage MK II-F bolt action rifle.[12] Investigators later found her body clad in pajamas, in her bed, with four gunshot wounds to her head.[28] Lanza then drove to Sandy Hook Elementary School.[11][12]
Shortly after 9:35 a.m., using his mother's Bushmaster XM15-E2S rifle,[29][30][31] Lanza shot his way through a glass panel next to the locked front entrance doors of the school.[32][33][3

tn you are ignoring the fact that she knew he had mental problems.....and yes if you have someone with mental issues your weapons should be secure...
He should have been locked up...I think she might have had mental problems too. I seem to recall she actually had tried to get help to control him.

Of course, a sane person would never have encouraged their mentally ill son to play with guns, but there you have it. We don't lock up our crazy people any more, and this is where it gets you.
From the friend reports I read, going to the gun range was the only thing they could bond with. She was even about to relocate so those 2 could start over..
He had a psychologist but IDK what he/she said..

I was wrong about the key. He must have had access to the rifle he used to shoot her. Sorry.

From Wikipedia:
Some time before 9:30 a.m. EST on Friday December 14, 2012, Lanza shot and killed his mother Nancy Lanza, aged 52, at their Newtown home with a .22-caliber Savage MK II-F bolt action rifle.[12] Investigators later found her body clad in pajamas, in her bed, with four gunshot wounds to her head.[28] Lanza then drove to Sandy Hook Elementary School.[11][12]
Shortly after 9:35 a.m., using his mother's Bushmaster XM15-E2S rifle,[29][30][31] Lanza shot his way through a glass panel next to the locked front entrance doors of the school.[32][33][3
He was taking no chances apparently and, noted...

Last edited:

From Wikipedia:

It's rare to see anyone here acknowledge they were wrong. I salute your integrity.

Newtown families split $1.5M from estate of gunman's mother
BRIDGEPORT, Conn. — The families of more than a dozen victims of the 2012 school shooting in Newtown, Connecticut, will split $1.5 million under settlements of lawsuits filed against the gunman's mother's estate.
A lawyer for several victims' families says the settlements were finalized Dec. 17 in documents filed in Bridgeport Superior Court.
The lawsuits said Nancy Lanza failed to properly secure her legally owned Bushmaster AR-15 rifle. Her son, 20-year-old Adam Lanza, used the rifle to kill 20 first-graders and six educators at Sandy Hook Elementary School on Dec. 14, 2012. He killed his mother before the school shooting and killed himself afterward.

So she failed to properly secure her gun after she was dead?

This is the kicker
"Victims' families also are suing the maker of the Bushmaster rifle."
You have GOT to be fuckin kiddin me!
I guess we can start suing chevy when drunk drivers run over civilians. Maybe we could throw in Budweiser, too.
That is one of the most PATHETIC legal suits I have ever heard of.
And we have Presidential candidates supporting them getting sued!

:clap2::dance::clap2:
:dance::clap2::dance:

:eusa_clap::eusa_dance::eusa_clap::eusa_dance::eusa_clap::eusa_dance::eusa_clap::eusa_dance::eusa_clap::eusa_dance:
:thewave::thewave::thewave:

$1.5 Million is not nearly enough. They should haul Adam's Father's skinny
ass into court and take him for all he's worth based on
contributory negligence.

Every gun sold should come with an insurance policy so families of both the victims and the shooters are not destroyed financially by the actions of crazed individuals. It's common sense; we do it for cars, and we should do it for guns.
then start an insurance company that does it. No need to sue the estate of a dead woman for getting murdered

I'm sure the NRA will be offering that in the not-too-distant-future (if they don't already). Jut like AAA offers automobile insurance.
They rightfully sued the estate of the woman who was responsible. She gave her sick son access to weaponry. The 1.5 million dollars is an insult to the victim's families.

Nope....she did not give the gun to the kid with orders to murder children......this stupidity will come back to bite the lefties on the ass.....

BRIDGEPORT, Conn. — The families of more than a dozen victims of the 2012 school shooting in Newtown, Connecticut, will split $1.5 million under settlements of lawsuits filed against the gunman's mother's estate.
A lawyer for several victims' families says the settlements were finalized Dec. 17 in documents filed in Bridgeport Superior Court.
The lawsuits said Nancy Lanza failed to properly secure her legally owned Bushmaster AR-15 rifle. Her son, 20-year-old Adam Lanza, used the rifle to kill 20 first-graders and six educators at Sandy Hook Elementary School on Dec. 14, 2012. He killed his mother before the school shooting and killed himself afterward.

This is the kicker
I guess we can start suing chevy when drunk drivers run over civilians. Maybe we could throw in Budweiser, too.

:eusa_clap::eusa_dance::eusa_clap::eusa_dance::eusa_clap::eusa_dance::eusa_clap::eusa_dance::eusa_clap::eusa_dance:

contributory negligence.

Every gun sold should come with an insurance policy so families of both the victims and the shooters are not destroyed financially by the actions of crazed individuals. It's common sense; we do it for cars, and we should do it for guns.
then start an insurance company that does it. No need to sue the estate of a dead woman for getting murdered

I'm sure the NRA will be offering that in the not-too-distant-future (if they don't already). Jut like AAA offers automobile insurance.
They rightfully sued the estate of the woman who was responsible. She gave her sick son access to weaponry. The 1.5 million dollars is an insult to the victim's families.
So you are saying she was responsible for her son killing her and taking the AR-15?

No.

For having the AR 15 in a house where her son lives and not securing it in a way to where her crazy son could not get to it. I know they have gun safes with big old combination locks on them. It's not that hard.. It would be like having a pyromaniac child and having copious amounts of flammable material loosely secured in your house and a virtually limitless amount of matches to go along with it.

He murdered the mother....that point seems to be getting past the lefty brains here....

This is the kicker

contributory negligence.

If I had a troubled son like Adam, I would have taken him bowling or golfing instead of to the gun range for Family Fun Day. If I were worried in the months before her death, that he was becoming more isolated and secretive, I would not have planned on buying him a shiny pistol for Christmas. I realize she enjoyed guns and no mother wants to think her child would do what Adam did; my heart goes out to all parents dealing with a child with mental illness. She was not a monster, but she was negligent.
If I was the surviving sib I would give every blessed cent of her estate to a legislator with the balls to fight the gun lobby in Washington. If such a person exists.

And he could have simply bought the guns on his own.....there was nothing in his background that would have stopped it.

Again, it's impossible to make a gun nut admit that some people shouldn't have guns outside of a court verdict that arbitrarily assigns the label of "felon" to someone.

For example, right up until he pulled the trigger, Ms. Lanza was a "responsible gun owner" because she didn't have a felony conviction. But someone like, oh, Martha Stewart is barred from owning weapons based on her felony conviction.

The Yahoo in Oklahoma that did this...can have any quantity of guns he can affrord (unless he's convicted) but Martha can't.

If you're wondering on what planet the gun nuts live...as soon as you find out, tell me.

Did the guy who did that get convicted of a felony......? Can you link to the outcome of that event or admit you are making up the outcome and have no idea.

Would he have been refused a gun by a background check?

This is the kicker

contributory negligence.

If I had a troubled son like Adam, I would have taken him bowling or golfing instead of to the gun range for Family Fun Day. If I were worried in the months before her death, that he was becoming more isolated and secretive, I would not have planned on buying him a shiny pistol for Christmas. I realize she enjoyed guns and no mother wants to think her child would do what Adam did; my heart goes out to all parents dealing with a child with mental illness. She was not a monster, but she was negligent.
If I was the surviving sib I would give every blessed cent of her estate to a legislator with the balls to fight the gun lobby in Washington. If such a person exists.

And he could have simply bought the guns on his own.....there was nothing in his background that would have stopped it.
You're almost making my point for me.

And this is wrong….they shouldn't get one penny. The woman did not give the rifle to her son…..he murdered her and he stole it. Hopefully they will sue the actual people responsible…those who passed the gun free zone legislation that made their children's school a gun free killing zone for the killer.

The woman didn't secure her gun.

I don't understand why there is a problem with this. The lawsuit was about negligence, not guns. Why so defensive? This curtails no ones 2nd. amendment rights. I suppose you could argue there wasn't enough evidence of negligence but I don't think it is far fetched at all that there likely was. Just because you have a constitutional right doesn't mean it removes reasonable responsibility. Example-right to free speech: you incite a riot, you can be held responsible for your actions.

Regarding the lawsuit against the gun maker, that is rubbish and should be thrown out. Gun rights advocates should absolutely have a problem with that.

I don't understand why there is a problem with this. The lawsuit was about negligence, not guns. Why so defensive? This curtails no ones 2nd. amendment rights. I suppose you could argue there wasn't enough evidence of negligence but I don't think it is far fetched at all that there likely was. Just because you have a constitutional right doesn't mean it removes reasonable responsibility. Example-right to free speech: you incite a riot, you can be held responsible for your actions.

Regarding the lawsuit against the gun maker, that is rubbish and should be thrown out. Gun rights advocates should absolutely have a problem with that.

You don't understand the left or their anti 2nd amendment wing....you think it would be reasonable to require people to lock up their guns.....and then you won't understand the power you will have just given to them to deny normal people the ability to access their rights under the 2nd Amendment. Home searches specifically to check to make sure guns are locked up and secure, mandating the type of gun safe that is required and thereby pricing all but the wealthiest Americans out of owning guns, or requiring gun owners to secure their guns in public armories monitored by the police...

They do not understand reasonable, they just know that any inch is going to allow them to take a mile.....

Forum List

Back