Next On The Agenda: Get Rid Of Freedom Of Thought On All College Campuses

Our colleges are under attack from Obama's Alinskyites. They are using the same tactics he is using in the rest of America, only it has become more obvious that their goal is to remove all conservatism on college campuses.

I guess when Hillary said her worst enemy was Republicans she wasn't kidding, because that is what they're doing, using fake racism as a tool. If you're gay, non-Christian, or a member of an acceptable ethnic group....you're safe from attack......for now. But if you are a Christian or just conservative....according to the left, your days are numbered in our institutions of higher learning.

Swain-1.jpg

Professor Carol M. Swain, Ph.D. Photo source: Facebook.

There may be no end to the hemorrhaging wound of deeply rooted political correctness that has infested college campuses nationwide.

Students at the prestigious Vanderbilt University have set their sights on a seemingly easy target, Professor Carol Swain.

Swain is a minority of minorities on a modern day college campus, she’s an unapologetic conservative, a faithful Christian, and she’s African American – easy pickins for socially-stunted, group-think mobs.

“Pick the Target, Freeze It, Personalize It and Polarize It”–Saul Alinsky. Folks, I am the target. I must be living right!
Surely, no one so unfitting can be tolerated in today’s regressive, collective mindset, and a student-led petition to the University has been launched to temporarily suspend Swain until demands are met.

The petition begins:

Over the past few years, Professor Carol Swain has become synonymous with bigotry, intolerance, and unprofessionalism. While Swain first and foremost has a right to her personal beliefs and the right to freedom of speech within and outside of the classroom, it recently came to the attention of the Vanderbilt community that Carol Swain has let her hate-filled prejudices negatively impact her work, our student body, and Vanderbilt’s reputation. Since the initial release of this petition, we have gathered significant feedback from the community, and have decided to limit our grievances to the following three issues.

Students accuse Swain of name-calling, unfairly grading students because of their ‘gay and/or non-Christian minority status’ (but offer no such proof), and demand she separate her social media ‘public status’ persona with her Vanderbilt employment.

At this time the petition is three signatures short of its 1,500 goal.

Swain has been vocal in fighting back, and has used social media to defend herself against the attack that appears she knew was coming.

On, November 9, Swain wrote on Facebook, “Only and idiot would think a 61-year-old black woman who has spent much of her life in academia would benefit from sensitivity training.”

Ironically, that post is the one that was cited in the petition accusing Swain of name-calling.

The students also reference two articles Swain had published in the past. Although students give brief lip-service to the First Amendment, they included the articles anyway.

Taken from the petition:

For those who are unfamiliar with Carol Swain, the articles linked below are a brief sample of her work. (As a reminder though, the focus of this petition is on the allegations made against Prof. Swain. It is not an attack on her beliefs or freedom of speech/press)

Carol Swain’s Op-Ed in The Tennessean: Charlie Hebdo Attacks Prove Critics Were Right About Islam
“Islam is a dangerous set of beliefs totally incompatible with Western beliefs concerning freedom of speech, freedom of assembly and freedom of association.”

Be The People TV: C.S. Lewis on Biblical Marriage and Swain Reflections on Gay Marriage
“If we must live side-by-side with gay couples in a culture with a strong crusading homosexual agenda, our only hope is to strengthen ourselves spiritually and intellectually for the battle that awaits us”

Professor Swain continues to fight...............

Christian, conservative, black professor fights back after becoming next student target | BizPac Review

From the hearing interviews with the various morons who are protesting…it seems rational thought has already been eliminated on these university campi…...

No liberal has yet responded to the topic.

I think it's disgraceful that extreme leftists have created and are attempting to solidify left wing hive mind on campuses by trying to purge conservatives.

Does any liberal here actually want to come on here and say a professor should be fired for writing an article that leftists find offensive? How is that materially different from Nazis and fascism?

Nobody is trying to purge conservatives.
What do you call trying to get this professor fired?

It is a single case. I've not looked into it yet......and instead have responded to the GROSS GENERILZATIONS that the OP.....and now you.....are making.

If I care enough about this case later today.....ill look into it and pass judgement on THIS SPECIFIC CASE without making a wholesale judgement about colleges nationwide. That's because I'm normal and don't freak out when it isn't warranted. Understand?
When nine out of ten professors state they voted for Obama in the last two elections what political leanings do you think the professors have?
I attended a number of universities in the sixties. I state unequivocally that the vast majority of the professors were VERY Liberal and made no bones about it and the consensus among all students was if you want to pass with good marks you basically parroted back the Liberal ideology the professors were spewing. Even in the 'hard science' classes the professors knew very quickly who they liked. If you were an outspoken REP you had a strike against you automatically.
I'm positive there are many here who have had the same experiences.
I earned a fourth degree in my forties. Same LIB professors. Only even more radicalized. Same bullshit. Same asslicking to get good grades.

Tuition fees are skyrocketing.
My advise is if any student wants to invest just twenty bucks and get a 1000K % profit down the road on that twenty bucks.
Buy yourself a Saul Alinsky T-shirt and a Chairman Mao hat with a little red star on it and wear them to your college classes every day.
100% guaranteed grades boaster.

Our colleges are under attack from Obama's Alinskyites. They are using the same tactics he is using in the rest of America, only it has become more obvious that their goal is to remove all conservatism on college campuses.

I guess when Hillary said her worst enemy was Republicans she wasn't kidding, because that is what they're doing, using fake racism as a tool. If you're gay, non-Christian, or a member of an acceptable ethnic group....you're safe from attack......for now. But if you are a Christian or just conservative....according to the left, your days are numbered in our institutions of higher learning.

Swain-1.jpg

There may be no end to the hemorrhaging wound of deeply rooted political correctness that has infested college campuses nationwide.

Students at the prestigious Vanderbilt University have set their sights on a seemingly easy target, Professor Carol Swain.

Swain is a minority of minorities on a modern day college campus, she’s an unapologetic conservative, a faithful Christian, and she’s African American – easy pickins for socially-stunted, group-think mobs.

“Pick the Target, Freeze It, Personalize It and Polarize It”–Saul Alinsky. Folks, I am the target. I must be living right!
Surely, no one so unfitting can be tolerated in today’s regressive, collective mindset, and a student-led petition to the University has been launched to temporarily suspend Swain until demands are met.

The petition begins:

Over the past few years, Professor Carol Swain has become synonymous with bigotry, intolerance, and unprofessionalism. While Swain first and foremost has a right to her personal beliefs and the right to freedom of speech within and outside of the classroom, it recently came to the attention of the Vanderbilt community that Carol Swain has let her hate-filled prejudices negatively impact her work, our student body, and Vanderbilt’s reputation. Since the initial release of this petition, we have gathered significant feedback from the community, and have decided to limit our grievances to the following three issues.
Students accuse Swain of name-calling, unfairly grading students because of their ‘gay and/or non-Christian minority status’ (but offer no such proof), and demand she separate her social media ‘public status’ persona with her Vanderbilt employment.

Swain has been vocal in fighting back, and has used social media to defend herself against the attack that appears she knew was coming.

On, November 9, Swain wrote on Facebook, “Only and idiot would think a 61-year-old black woman who has spent much of her life in academia would benefit from sensitivity training.”

Ironically, that post is the one that was cited in the petition accusing Swain of name-calling.

The students also reference two articles Swain had published in the past. Although students give brief lip-service to the First Amendment, they included the articles anyway.

Taken from the petition:

For those who are unfamiliar with Carol Swain, the articles linked below are a brief sample of her work. (As a reminder though, the focus of this petition is on the allegations made against Prof. Swain. It is not an attack on her beliefs or freedom of speech/press)

Carol Swain’s Op-Ed in The Tennessean: Charlie Hebdo Attacks Prove Critics Were Right About Islam
“Islam is a dangerous set of beliefs totally incompatible with Western beliefs concerning freedom of speech, freedom of assembly and freedom of association.”

Be The People TV: C.S. Lewis on Biblical Marriage and Swain Reflections on Gay Marriage
“If we must live side-by-side with gay couples in a culture with a strong crusading homosexual agenda, our only hope is to strengthen ourselves spiritually and intellectually for the battle that awaits us”

Christian, conservative, black professor fights back after becoming next student target | BizPac Review
Solution = don't send your kids to college
Really? So conservatives should either conform to extremist leftism or else not receive a degree as required by most entry level jobs into high skill careers?
If they're as butthurt and delusional as Mudwhistle, yes.
What's butt hurt and delusional about it? Do you deny that universities try to brainwash students into extreme liberalism? Do you think that what is happening to this professor is right?
Yes I deny that. in college you encounter new ideas. I know conservatives are terrified of new ideas, so mybe they should just skip college.

As to this professor, probably nothing is going to happen. A petition of 1,500 people? What a joke.
Thee most conservative college in America is playing Mizzou this weekend.
When Bronson Kafusi puts that first hit on that Tiger qb....we'll see who is the terrified one then.

I don't approve of anyone trying to censure open and free speech. However, I have seen in recent years, Conservatives actually trying to bring criminal charges against scientists for publishing studies that they did not like. Speaking specifically of Dr. Mann. To publicly disagree with someone on a academic paper is one thing, to actually try to bring criminal charges is quite another. And that is what Cuccinellii tried to do.

So the extremes of both sides try this bullshit, and both should be reprimanded for it. However, we have seen far more of it on a larger scale from the Conservatives than from the far left.
Vladimir-Putin-laugh-gif.gif

MO Republicans Demand College Student Destroy Her Abortion Research Or They’ll Defund University

The University of Missouri may be in the news for some very disturbing reasons, but Republicans aren’t mad about the school’s botched handling of racism; they are outraged that a doctoral student is doing research into how making abortions illegal hurts women.

Missouri state senator Kurt Schaefer was incensed to learn that a UM doctoral student named Lindsay Ruhr was doing her PhD dissertation on the effects of the 72-hour waiting period Republicans lawmakers recently enacted. Worried that her findings would make his anti-abortion stance look bad, and rather than let science dictate policy, Schaefer is attempting to have the university block Ruhr’s research and make it illegal to do any future research that could conceivably show that abortions aren’t unequivocally terrible. (I’m not exaggerating, either. In Missouri, there is a law on the books banning universities from “encouraging” abortions. He wants that to go even further. Research attempting to show abortions are bad, however, are presumably completely fine.)

A brief survey of other topics Republicans are trying to make it illegal to study:
Abortions in Missouri aren’t the only scientific arena that Republicans have made it forbidden to study. The list of inconvenient truths Republicans hope they can keep out of the light grows by the year.

• There is the federal ban on studying gun deaths and gun control. This has been on the books for several decades following an aggressive push by the NRA to stop finding data that contradicted its “more guns are better”narrative. It’s prevented crucial research into how best to combat mass shootings and prevent gun accidents in the home.
  • There is the very open, unapologetic harassment of climate scientists. Republicans have increasingly sought to cut any and all funding to scientists studying the Earth’s climate because they keep finding more data to suggest the planet really is warming. More recently, the House Science Committee actually demanded climate scientists working for the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration drop everything they are doing and hand over every email and document – personal or professional – they had ever written in the last seven years. They didn’t bother providing a reason.
  • They’ve also prevented scientists from studying right-wing terrorism in the United States and forced the preeminent expert on the subject out of a job. Again, the only objection they could muster was that the facts his research was finding made conservatives look bad. In the years since, we’ve seen a huge increase in right-wing homegrown threats which, thanks to the enforced blockade on research, we know almost nothing about.
The list goes on. As Republican ideology continues to detach itself from what the rest of us call “reality,” the push on the right to keep those facts hidden grows. No longer is it confined to misinformation in the conservative media. Republicans are trying to destroy the source – and that means all of science is threatened.
Your post is filled with lies......particularly the lie about there being a ban on studying gun deaths.

As was discussed at length.....failure to fund research is not a ban.

EPIC FAIL
Quietly, Congress extends a ban on CDC research on gun violence

MO Republicans Demand College Student Destroy Her Abortion Research Or They’ll Defund University

The University of Missouri may be in the news for some very disturbing reasons, but Republicans aren’t mad about the school’s botched handling of racism; they are outraged that a doctoral student is doing research into how making abortions illegal hurts women.

Missouri state senator Kurt Schaefer was incensed to learn that a UM doctoral student named Lindsay Ruhr was doing her PhD dissertation on the effects of the 72-hour waiting period Republicans lawmakers recently enacted. Worried that her findings would make his anti-abortion stance look bad, and rather than let science dictate policy, Schaefer is attempting to have the university block Ruhr’s research and make it illegal to do any future research that could conceivably show that abortions aren’t unequivocally terrible. (I’m not exaggerating, either. In Missouri, there is a law on the books banning universities from “encouraging” abortions. He wants that to go even further. Research attempting to show abortions are bad, however, are presumably completely fine.)

A brief survey of other topics Republicans are trying to make it illegal to study:
Abortions in Missouri aren’t the only scientific arena that Republicans have made it forbidden to study. The list of inconvenient truths Republicans hope they can keep out of the light grows by the year.

• There is the federal ban on studying gun deaths and gun control. This has been on the books for several decades following an aggressive push by the NRA to stop finding data that contradicted its “more guns are better”narrative. It’s prevented crucial research into how best to combat mass shootings and prevent gun accidents in the home.
  • There is the very open, unapologetic harassment of climate scientists. Republicans have increasingly sought to cut any and all funding to scientists studying the Earth’s climate because they keep finding more data to suggest the planet really is warming. More recently, the House Science Committee actually demanded climate scientists working for the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration drop everything they are doing and hand over every email and document – personal or professional – they had ever written in the last seven years. They didn’t bother providing a reason.
  • They’ve also prevented scientists from studying right-wing terrorism in the United States and forced the preeminent expert on the subject out of a job. Again, the only objection they could muster was that the facts his research was finding made conservatives look bad. In the years since, we’ve seen a huge increase in right-wing homegrown threats which, thanks to the enforced blockade on research, we know almost nothing about.
The list goes on. As Republican ideology continues to detach itself from what the rest of us call “reality,” the push on the right to keep those facts hidden grows. No longer is it confined to misinformation in the conservative media. Republicans are trying to destroy the source – and that means all of science is threatened.
Your post is filled with lies......particularly the lie about there being a ban on studying gun deaths.

EPIC FAIL

So all Universities are banned from this research?

Who knew.

The CDC needs to worry about infectious diseases, that's what its mandate was, not telling me the burger I like is gonna kill me, or tell me "gun are teh suxxxzor".

Really? So conservatives should either conform to extremist leftism or else not receive a degree as required by most entry level jobs into high skill careers?
What's butt hurt and delusional about it? Do you deny that universities try to brainwash students into extreme liberalism? Do you think that what is happening to this professor is right?
Yes I deny that. in college you encounter new ideas. I know conservatives are terrified of new ideas, so mybe they should just skip college.

As to this professor, probably nothing is going to happen. A petition of 1,500 people? What a joke.
Thee most conservative college in America is playing Mizzou this weekend.
When Bronson Kafusi puts that first hit on that Tiger qb....we'll see who is the terrified one then.
Yeah that'll settle it :rolleyes:

EPIC FAIL
Regardless of how your blog source chooses to word the title of his one-sided article......there is no ban.

"Next On The Agenda: Get Rid Of Freedom Of Thought On All College Campuses"

Next on the agenda: yet another conservative thread that fails as a straw man fallacy.

No one is advocating 'getting rid' of free speech, on college campuses or anywhere else; the notion is a ridiculous lie.

I don't approve of anyone trying to censure open and free speech. However, I have seen in recent years, Conservatives actually trying to bring criminal charges against scientists for publishing studies that they did not like. Speaking specifically of Dr. Mann. To publicly disagree with someone on a academic paper is one thing, to actually try to bring criminal charges is quite another. And that is what Cuccinellii tried to do.

So the extremes of both sides try this bullshit, and both should be reprimanded for it. However, we have seen far more of it on a larger scale from the Conservatives than from the far left.
^^^ delusional

"Next On The Agenda: Get Rid Of Freedom Of Thought On All College Campuses"

Sorry, mudwhistle, you may try, but you won't succeed.

Swain-1.jpg

The petition begins:

Taken from the petition:

The left have become nothing but agents of social terrorism. It's their way or the highway.

"The meaning of peace is the absence of opposition to socialism.” --Karl Marx.

The left will stop at nothing to silence their opposition. Their actions have always proven that, now more than ever.

It's way past time for THE PEOPLE in this country to start standing UP to this/ the FUNDED agitators who is going around (being flown around. so they are being FUNDED by sources in the shadows) causing all this before it get anymore out of hand. the parents should be pissed they are USING their children for their Agendas

Swain-1.jpg

The petition begins:

Taken from the petition:

Dude.....your signature is offensive. Gay rape and murder is offensive to me.

I'm gonna start a petition to have you removed from this forum.

This from the right winger who complains about liberals trying to get rid of freedom on thought.

Forum List

Back